Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Widows: With the cast that is in this movie I was thinking it would be great, but as it turns out those big names are really only supporting actors in this film. The plot is original and interesting. Good twist in the movie toward the end. 4 of 5 stars.

Just watched captain marvel. Really good. Ties in the other marvel movies despite an earlier timeline.
Only complaint is a couple cheesy jokes moments and a couple over explanation parts of things that really aren’t important to the storyline.

Captain Marvel was good. Could have did with out the comedy they tried to employ but finally got to see Nick Fury lose his eye and they tied stuff together really good.

Been reading the reviews and it is getting crushed. Cookie cutter version of a superhero movie, etc.
I thought it was ok. Better than some of the other marvel movies.
I figure it will continue getting crushed because some people really hate a “woman power” movie, even though this really has nothing to do with that.

I figure it will continue getting crushed because some people really hate a “woman power” movie, even though this really has nothing to do with that.
It has more to do with what Brie Larson said about her other movies... me? Meh.

Also some that are hating on it because... wait for it... the name.

The original Captain Marvel is Shazam. In the 40s. He was named that originally before he was a DC character. When his Comic company was purchased by DC, he was always marketed as Shazam due to Marvel owning the rights to the name Captain Marvel.

Confusing... but "fans" take offense to this and still refuse to accept it. So, some were literally bombing the review ratings on Rotten Tomatoes due to those 2 things - without ever seeing the movie. Shocking, I know.

Even Zachary Levi has gone on record telling "fans" to chill out. Zachary Levi is in the Shazam movie.

So, those are the two big reasons for the craziness involved with Captain Marvel.

Phew!

We're going to see it next weekend!

It has more to do with what Brie Larson said about her other movies... me? Meh.

Also some that are hating on it because... wait for it... the name.

The original Captain Marvel is Shazam. In the 40s. He was named that originally before he was a DC character. When his Comic company was purchased by DC, he was always marketed as Shazam due to Marvel owning the rights to the name Captain Marvel.

Confusing... but "fans" take offense to this and still refuse to accept it. So, some were literally bombing the review ratings on Rotten Tomatoes due to those 2 things - without ever seeing the movie. Shocking, I know.

Even Zachary Levi has gone on record telling "fans" to chill out. Zachary Levi is in the Shazam movie.

So, those are the two big reasons for the craziness involved with Captain Marvel.

Phew!

We're going to see it next weekend!
Didn’t know about the Shazam thing but someone else told me Larson said something. Have no idea and don’t care. Maybe that allowed me to watch the movie and even enjoy it.

Just got back from Captain Marvel. It was very, very, just okay. I enjoyed it well enough. But not up to Marvel's usual standards imho. It is definitely a lower-tier MCU film.

Just got back from Captain Marvel. It was very, very, just okay. I enjoyed it well enough. But not up to Marvel's usual standards imho. It is definitely a lower-tier MCU film.
I'm hopeful Marvel can do for her what they did for Strange... his movie was fine. Amazing visually. But story and character were ok. His appearances in Ragnarok and Infinity War were great, though!

I don't think I buy into that. If it was a good movie with a woman lead, it would be a good movie like Wonder Woman. Of course Wonder Woman didn't try to politicize, it was a movie with a woman super hero and people liked it. The movies that have been creamed, like Ghostbuster, were not only bad, terribly bad movies, but movies also trying to make political statements.

Speaking of Shazam, just saw the trailer for the first time before Captain Marvel..... wow, I was super unimpressed. DC still just can't get it right for whatever reason.

It was your standard Marvel movie. Popcorn action movie.

There appear to be different genres and tiers of Marvel movies at this point.

You have god tier Marvel films like Winter Soldier, Infinity War, Black Panther.

You have the very good tier like Guardians, Homecoming, Avengers, Civil War

You have the straight comedy tier like Ragnarok, Antman movies.

You have the just good movie tier like Thor, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, etc. Captain Marvel is here. It is probably one where the the sequel will be better than the first. Origin movies are boring.

There's also just ehhhh Marvel movies. Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Hulk.

As a dad with two daughters I fully support the Captain Marvel though. They shall have Cap Marvel swag onesies.

I agree, the only DC movie I've liked so far is Man of Steel. The rest have been the epitome of meh.

Man of Steel was so we'll done and then they just killed it.

The first Man of Steel trailer is still imo some of the best comic book material ever put to film. Sadly the movie didn't carry that tone the entire time but was still good.

Christopher Nolan did produce the movie. You can feel his finger prints on it. It is probably why it is so underrated as a comic movie.

A stunning trailer though.

It was your standard Marvel movie. Popcorn action movie.

There appear to be different genres and tiers of Marvel movies at this point.

You have god tier Marvel films like Winter Soldier, Infinity War, Black Panther.

You have the very good tier like Guardians, Homecoming, Avengers, Civil War

You have the straight comedy tier like Ragnarok, Antman movies.

You have the just good movie tier like Thor, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, etc. Captain Marvel is here. It is probably one where the the sequel will be better than the first. Origin movies are boring.

There's also just ehhhh Marvel movies. Thor 2, Iron Man 3, Hulk.

As a dad with two daughters I fully support the Captain Marvel though. They shall have Cap Marvel swag onesies.
I agree for the most part (aside from some particulars in your rankings). Although I kinda feel like Captain Marvel could end up going in that "just ehhh" tier once the newness wears off and it's revisited. I personally enjoyed Thor 1, Iron Man 1, and Doctor Strange more than Captain Marvel.

I really dig the character. It was just a weak, fairly uninteresting (at least by MCU standards) story. There were definitely some great/memorable moments in there. But when the credits hit my immediate thought was "that's it?" And that's almost never the case with MCU films for me. I think RTH is right and that character will be great in future appearances.

Man of Steel was so we'll done and then they just killed it.

The first Man of Steel trailer is still imo some of the best comic book material ever put to film. Sadly the movie didn't carry that tone the entire time but was still good.

Christopher Nolan did produce the movie. You can feel his finger prints on it. It is probably why it is so underrated as a comic movie.

A stunning trailer though.

Exactly why I watch every film Nolan has a had in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back