Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to feel like this but I definitely need substance. I want to leave a movie and still be thinking about it. Explosions and CGI can only hold my attention for so long.
I generally need substance too. My biggest complaint with most action movies is the lack of true suspense. I tend to get bored with the “Oh look at all this crazy action that I know is going to ultimately end up working out for the good guy” type movies. They can be ok at times but they also have a harder time holding my interest.

I generally need substance too. My biggest complaint with most action movies is the lack of true suspense. I tend to get bored with the “Oh look at all this crazy action that I know is going to ultimately end up working out for the good guy” type movies. They can be ok at times but they also have a harder time holding my interest.
We could talk about Glass but I'm not going to go there as I'm STILL trying to determine if I liked it or not lol. M Night has me pulled in with Unbreakable and Split and then it all got f'd up in Glass. Good film making and suspense. Exactly what I'm looking for when I go to the movies.

Substance most definitely.
I recently gave an hour or so to a sup movie that was probably tremendously popular here. Dialog was one pandering cliche after another. It really felt like the screenplay was gangbanged by some focus group with a mandate of one cute punchline delivered every 15 seconds. Bad sitcom style.
If I turn my brain off I tend to fall asleep - which is exactly what happened with this movie.

Substance most definitely.
I recently gave an hour or so to a sup movie that was probably tremendously popular here. Dialog was one pandering cliche after another. It really felt like the screenplay was gangbanged by some focus group with a mandate of one cute punchline delivered every 15 seconds. Bad sitcom style.
If I turn my brain off I tend to fall asleep - which is exactly what happened with this movie.
Sounds like how the feminist ruined The Last Jedi.

Not sure how. I loved the Force Awakens.
Oh yeah, Force Awakens was soooo much better than the prequels.

It all will come down to what Abrams does in the 9th one for this trilogy.

Also, the stand alone Star Wars movies have been good.

I'd love to see Ewan McGregor portray Kenobi after 3 and before 4.

Boba Fett... eh, we're getting "The Mandalorian" series.

I really liked Solo. It was an entertaining movie. Unfortunately, I think TLJ turned off viewers to Star Wars and Solo suffered for it.

I really liked Solo. It was an entertaining movie. Unfortunately, I think TLJ turned off viewers to Star Wars and Solo suffered for it.
Disney needs to make all Star Wars movies December-ish releases. They have too many movies to accommodate - Star Wars, Marvel, general Disney movies and animated - Pixar AND regular Disney.

Wrong. What turned off viewers to Solo is that Disney is saturating the universe and nobody cares about it. I only saw Solo two weeks ago because it was free and I had nothing else to do... And it was as average as an average movie could be, as expected.

TLJ was fine...but incels (which are a huge part of the fandom) were pissed that a woman corrected a man screwing up bigly twice in the same film, and that OMG it was finally admitted that the Jedi were dog squeeze after all. Half of the fandom grew up worshipping Jedi and couldn't handle Luke kicking the religion in the balls.

Maybe they will show how he got out of the Sarlac Pit. Cool story.

I know Im way late on this, but I just watched Infinity War for about the 6th time and keep seeing new little details I missed the previous viewings. There’s so much going on.

I had to look up each of Thanos’s kids to figure out who they were. Ebony Mar (or whatever) seems like he would have been a serious bad guy on his own and I wasn’t sure his freezing in space thing was it for him, but I think that’s it.

I also missed a few movies in between. I’m going to watch all of them.
Side note, Ant Man and Wasp will be in the new Avengers and unless you watched ant man and wasp, you may not know why they weren’t in Infinity War.

Also, I didn’t know this but Captain Marvel’s movie is not the conclusion or even really any explanation into infinity war. It appears that will only be her back story with Endgame having the meeting.

Don’t think there’s any spoilers here, but sorry if there was.

I know Im way late on this, but I just watched Infinity War for about the 6th time and keep seeing new little details I missed the previous viewings. There’s so much going on.

I had to look up each of Thanos’s kids to figure out who they were. Ebony Mar (or whatever) seems like he would have been a serious bad guy on his own and I wasn’t sure his freezing in space thing was it for him, but I think that’s it.

I also missed a few movies in between. I’m going to watch all of them.
Side note, Ant Man and Wasp will be in the new Avengers and unless you watched ant man and wasp, you may not know why they weren’t in Infinity War.

Also, I didn’t know this but Captain Marvel’s movie is not the conclusion or even really any explanation into infinity war. It appears that will only be her back story with Endgame having the meeting.

Don’t think there’s any spoilers here, but sorry if there was.
Captain Marvel in Binary form is more powerful than any of the Avengers. They need her at the very least just to scratch Thanos.

Captain Marvel in Binary form is more powerful than any of the Avengers. They need her at the very least just to scratch Thanos.
I guess technically Iron Man did. “All that for a drop of blood” - Thanos.

Stark has to have a part in the defeating of Thanos (or someone bigger if true). Dr strange saw the 1 of 14,000,605 outcomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back