Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you had superhero movies that were successful before 2010, there were plenty, I’m saying superhero movies didn’t dominate like the way they did today unlike like 2010 and up. Where it seems like every damn movie coming out is a superhero movie.
I’ll point to the history of batman movies.
1989 Michael Keaton version killed in theaters.
The 95 Batman with Kilmer did very well in theaters.
Plenty argue The Dark Knight as the best Batman and one of the best movies ever-2008

You’re stock in “popular” now has to do with ticket sales increasing (due to cost) but like mentioned before technology has improved greatly, and the movies in general (probably due to technology advances) has increased over the years.

Now use this to apply how average gross has dramatically increased over the years making it look like popularity has increased because of “the records”.
Movie Box Office Results by Year, 1980-Present - Box Office Mojo

But they would have if they had been logistically possible, at the time.

Don't be "that guy" and realize the craze is, and always has been, well... real.
There’s a definite trend to the fan numbers of comics in general but they’ve been popular and near the top of the movie game for decades.
I don’t think gernimojackson is a hipster, but this may be a hipster argument, just going against the flow.

Disagree, double so for the “2010’s” part.

Superman was popular enough to make 3 movies in the 70’s. Batman TV show of the 60’s led to tons of movies starting in the 80’s. Incredible Hulk had a successful TV show in the 70’s. I’m sure there’s plenty more.

No reason to list the tons of successful superhero movies well before the 2010’s.
Now I will agree not every superhero movie is even good, but they’ve been popular way longer than 2010’s.
Wonderwoman, the Million dollar man, Greatest American Hero....

the list goes on and on.

I’ll point to the history of batman movies.
1989 Michael Keaton version killed in theaters.
The 95 Batman with Kilmer did very well in theaters.
Plenty argue The Dark Knight as the best Batman and one of the best movies ever-2008

You’re stock in “popular” now has to do with ticket sales increasing (due to cost) but like mentioned before technology has improved greatly, and the movies in general (probably due to technology advances) has increased over the years.

Now use this to apply how average gross has dramatically increased over the years making it look like popularity has increased because of “the records”.
Movie Box Office Results by Year, 1980-Present - Box Office Mojo

Again you’re still just pointing out individual movies. My point was there has never been been a Superhero generation in movies like there is now.

There was nothing special about Endgame. Just an average film that was hyped up due to the fact fanboys can’t accept the follow up movie to Infinity War and Avengers finale fell short.

Again you’re still just pointing out individual movies. My point was there has never been been a Superhero generation in movies like there is now.

There was nothing special about Endgame. Just an average film that was hyped up due to the fact fanboys can’t accept the follow up movie to Infinity War and Avengers finale fell short.
Are you just arguing that there are too many super hero movies?
Yes but they didn’t become this popular until 2010ish. Just like how the 80’s were dominated by coming of age movies.
That made think you were arguing something else.

Not saying you have to like all of them but in general the superhero movies are pretty good. Endgame is no exception, it was good.

So...

You think Namor was teased..? First mutant... they briefly discussed and blew off an underwater earthquake... seemed fairly random, don't you think..?

I want to believe the earthquake thing was a Easter egg for Namor and that Black Panther 2 will be the Wakanda and Atlantis war because that would be hype af.

I'm still unsure how mutants happen. Fantastic 4 is easy. So many mutants are historically based like Wolverine fighting in WW2 and Magneto being in the internment camps which I'm sure you have to alter unless you're Magneto is 80 right now.

Maybe a early 40's Magneto who witnessed atrocities in the 90's in Bosnia or something.

It's going to be weird but I'm sure they'll figure it out.

@GeronimoJackson isnt wrong. There’s a lot of superhero movies. I wasn’t around in the 70’s but there seems to be a lot more being produced than there were in the 90’s. They are mainstream and even the bad ones are doing well because of the Marvel universe. I’d venture to guess most of the people going to see Endgame have rarely read a comic book.

And Endgame wasn’t a bad movie but that plot had as many holes as DW’s jeans.

@GeronimoJackson isnt wrong. There’s a lot of superhero movies. I wasn’t around in the 70’s but there seems to be a lot more being produced than there were in the 90’s. They are mainstream and even the bad ones are doing well because of the Marvel universe. I’d venture to guess most of the people going to see Endgame have rarely read a comic book.

I bet a lot of people that have watched any superhero movie or TV show probably never read a comic.

Please... explain the plotholes...

Endgame was a snooze fest. Fanboys know it but just don’t want to admit since their precious and epic finale fell short of greatness.

Avengers 4: So I finally got to see it and to no one's surprise me and the wife lucked up again and got two older women who wouldn't stfu during the whole movie. The film itself I felt was good and XO was right, there was a lot of sobbing at the end. This one dude down a few rows in front of me sounded like he was having a heart attack or some shit, gasping for air lol. I wasn't really that disturbed with the end because I felt like they have been setting "that" up for a few years back. The end battle was pretty cool and I agree with everyone else that it should of taken a bit longer. The moments of closure for some of the characters were nice touches to end the Avengers arc.The pacing of this movie was way better than Infinity War which was way too fast. You got enough time to soak up the scene and digest it before they moved on.

4 Star Movie

Avengers 4: So I finally got to see it and to no one's surprise me and the wife lucked up again and got two older women who wouldn't stfu during the whole movie. The film itself I felt was good and XO was right, there was a lot of sobbing at the end. This one dude down a few rows in front of me sounded like he was having a heart attack or some ****, gasping for air lol. I wasn't really that disturbed with the end because I felt like they have been setting "that" up for a few years back. The end battle was pretty cool and I agree with everyone else that it should of taken a bit longer. The moments of closure for some of the characters were nice touches to end the Avengers arc.The pacing of this movie was way better than Infinity War which was way too fast. You got enough time to soak up the scene and digest it before they moved on.

4 Star Movie
Sucks when disrespectful movie goers affect your experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back