Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commando was kind of campy and just a shooter up kind movie. Predator is his best action flick.
4-arnold-schwarzenegger-in-last-action-hero-1993--album.jpg

Hold up. Jack Slater wants a word...

Just watched X-men: Dark Phoenix... pretty meh.

I think the original title was just X-men: Phoenix... but after it was shot they realized it was so fucking dark! You can barely tell what's going on half the time!

Supposedly the writer/director is a big X-men fan and this was his first film... I would have expected something closer to the Phoenix Saga from a guy that's such a big fan.

Reminds me of the Dungeons & Dragond debacle. Guy was a big fan of DnD, so he wrote and directed that... and anyone that is familiar with DnD would consider it a mess that has little to do with the source material.

But, at least you could see what was happening...

Pick it up, Ska in the 90’s. Aka the Ska Movie.

Documentary with all your favorites about the history, blow up of the 90’s, and some of the current and future bands of ska.

As a huge ska fan (and all closely related sounds, reggae, two tone, punk) this movie was awesome. Absolutely gave some nostalgia but also hope that you’ll be seeing another blowup very soon.

The Interrupters are the current big name ska band and just like Rancid in 94/95, it’s just the start.

Pick it up, Ska in the 90’s. Aka the Ska Movie.

Documentary with all your favorites about the history, blow up of the 90’s, and some of the current and future bands of ska.

As a huge ska fan (and all closely related sounds, reggae, two tone, punk) this movie was awesome. Absolutely gave some nostalgia but also hope that you’ll be seeing another blowup very soon.

The Interrupters are the current big name ska band and just like Rancid in 94/95, it’s just the start.

Fantastic songs, one of my favorites.

I remember when I was about 9-10, my two cousins that are the same age as me, introduced me to the Aquabats, The Toasters, mighty mighty Bosstones, and Sublime one weekend I stayed at their house. It was probably 93-94 ish. I discovered Reel Big Fish shortly after and have been a fan ever since.

I still look for music all the time and fairly disappointed when I find solid bands that have been broken up by the time I find them. I voted for Kodos and Spring Heeled Jack come to mind. Maybe the Spitvalves.

Booksmart. Highly recommend. Easy to describe it as a female version of Superbad but it's so much more than that. Honestly a better movie imo. Really funny. Streaming on hulu. Check it out.

Booksmart. Highly recommend. Easy to describe it as a female version of Superbad but it's so much more than that. Honestly a better movie imo. Really funny. Streaming on hulu. Check it out.
I thought it was horrible. And I watched it with an open mind recently hoping it would be good and funny. I didnt crack 1 single smile the entire movie.

I thought it was horrible. And I watched it with an open mind recently hoping it would be good and funny. I didnt crack 1 single smile the entire movie.
I guess humor is subjective. My wife and I were laughing the whole time. Best comedy I'd seen in awhile.

Finally saw Joker last night. I enjoyed it alright but was disappointed at the same time. Definitely didn't live up to all the hype for me. And Joker has always been my favorite villain too. Too bad.

Finally saw Joker last night. I enjoyed it alright but was disappointed at the same time. Definitely didn't live up to all the hype for me. And Joker has always been my favorite villain too. Too bad.
Haven't seen that yet, but feel the same about Venom. Saw that this weekend and it didn't live up to the hype.

It felt rushed... it seemed very apparent Sony was looking forward to a franchise more than develop the characters.

Forgetting that I'm more intrigued by Eddie Brock and Venom as a villain, not as a good guy/anti-hero. But it felt rushed...

Venom seemed to decide to save the earth after a few hours inside Brock... and I felt like the story of Venom damaging him was touched upon nearly enough.

Haven't seen that yet, but feel the same about Venom. Saw that this weekend and it didn't live up to the hype.

It felt rushed... it seemed very apparent Sony was looking forward to a franchise more than develop the characters.

Forgetting that I'm more intrigued by Eddie Brock and Venom as a villain, not as a good guy/anti-hero. But it felt rushed...

Venom seemed to decide to save the earth after a few hours inside Brock... and I felt like the story of Venom damaging him was touched upon nearly enough.
Agreed

I went in thinking Venom was going to be a villain. I feel that market is drastically underrepresented.

Joker

Most bborring movie I ever seen. Batman would **** this sad loser up.
It wasn't without its merits but was just a really weird, slow movie. It was basically just Taxi Driver + The King of Comedy + clown makeup. Just kind of a hodgepodge of a bunch of stuff we've already seen before. But it's somehow being hailed as unique and groundbreaking just because it's being done in a comic book universe.

One thing that really bugged me.... I'm pretty sure Joker isn't supposed to be like 35 years older than Batman.

It wasn't without its merits but was just a really weird, slow movie. It was basically just Taxi Driver + The King of Comedy + clown makeup. Just kind of a hodgepodge of a bunch of stuff we've already seen before. But it's somehow being hailed as unique and groundbreaking just because it's being done in a comic book universe.

One thing that really bugged me.... I'm pretty sure Joker isn't supposed to be like 35 years older than Batman.
Lol for real. My respsct for Batman just bottomed out finding out his biggest nemesis is a 70 year old guy who probably just senile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back