Um, wasn't that Maneater?

manhunter.jpg

51Y0A8MM7ML._AA240_.jpg

I don't normally care for movies with music artists
or cop movies

but this was one of the better movies I've seen in a long time
I thought it was gonna suck at the beginning
until the plot started to unfold .... then it had me til the very end

never heard of this til i ran across it looking for something to DVR on HBOHD. decided to REC it due to rating and Bruce Willis, but thought Mos Def did a great job and probably had the better role in the film

great movie

recommendation : :thumb: :thumb:

Mos Def was outstanding in Something The Lord Made playing the first doctor to ever perform open heart surgery, Dr. Vivien Thomas..

Puck said:
61UuX6HVcOL._SS500_.jpg

I have yet to see this
someone tell me no or no-go
is it more art than substance ?

All art - zero substance
that said, it's so outrageously over the top it's worth adding to the collection..

invincible.jpg

Maybe could have had a little more on field action, but I liked it alot. But maybe I have a soft spot for football movies. It has my vote of approval :yes:

Bobo said:
Maybe could have had a little more on field action, but I liked it alot. But maybe I have a soft spot for football movies. It has my vote of approval :yes:

I agree! now what movie are we talking about?

Only purchase 300 on Blu-Ray, Puck. It's all style over substance, and IMO, isn't all that entertaining at all; there are PLENTY (and I mean plenty) of better action movies out there. However, some people really love it, so you migh tas well check it out...

Or, you could spend $30 instead on the highly underrated Apocalypto on Blu-Ray. Great movie and much more intense IMO, without all the style.

I've wanted to see Apocolypto for quite some time
I'm somewhat of a Mayan civilization fan ..... 2012, anyone?

anyway, I had a free movie voucher and was going to use it on Apocolypto or Pan's Labyrinth ... I chose Pan's .... good movie, but was a little put off by the all spanish dub .... then I find out that Apocolypto is the same way...so i'm skipping it for now
I hear it's beautiful, and I like beautiful
maybe, we'll get it next in our BlockbusterOnline program
blu-ray in the mail ... sweet

51myOqB-5yL._SS500_.jpg

Excellent movie, but not for everyone
It is a dark and sometimes brutal fairy tale for adults
I was originally disappointed in the Spanish dub, but the language proved more theatrical than if it'd been spoken in English
the direction and editing were some of the best I've seen in years

a truly unique movie with elements rarely experienced in film. if you engage this movie without expectations, you're bound to be treated to an entertainment experience that you may never forget

:thumb: :thumb:
just don't watch it with the kids

Puck said:
51myOqB-5yL._SS500_.jpg

Excellent movie, but not for everyone
It is a dark and sometimes brutal fairy tale for adults
I was originally disappointed in the Spanish dub, but the language proved more theatrical than if it'd been spoken in English
the direction and editing were some of the best I've seen in years

a truly unique movie with elements rarely experienced in film. if you engage this movie without expectations, you're bound to be treated to an entertainment experience that you may never forget

BOOH-YAA! Puck and I finally agree..
Pan's was EXCELLENTE!
Have you seen The Devil's Backbone? <-- Del Toro's companion piece to Pan's. A must see for Pan's fans...

B000066C6I.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Puck said:
I've wanted to see Apocolypto for quite some time
I'm somewhat of a Mayan civilization fan ..... 2012, anyone?

anyway, I had a free movie voucher and was going to use it on Apocolypto or Pan's Labyrinth ... I chose Pan's .... good movie, but was a little put off by the all spanish dub .... then I find out that Apocolypto is the same way...so i'm skipping it for now
I hear it's beautiful, and I like beautiful
maybe, we'll get it next in our BlockbusterOnline program
blu-ray in the mail ... sweet

Apocalypto is great. It's a little bit popcorn but it's on a massive scale and it's definitely "edge of your seat" from start to finish..
I prefer subtitles to dub or "phoney english" for a movie like this.

Puck said:
61UuX6HVcOL._SS500_.jpg

I have yet to see this
someone tell me no or no-go
is it more art than substance ?

I found it to be a very over-rated movie. I just didn't see what all the fuss was about. It's good, don't get me wrong. It's just not up there with the best in my opinion.

But it is Artsy, I will agree to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back