Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunny said:
I found it to be a very over-rated movie. I just didn't see what all the fuss was about. It's good, don't get me wrong. It's just not up there with the best in my opinion.

But it is Artsy, I will agree to that.

I really liked it on first viewing but it isn't a movie I'm going to watch over & over. Plenty of six pack action to entertain ladies while the men enjoy the action. It did have the odd great line though.

'Then we will fight in the shade'

Tell me Joey, Do you like movies about gladiators?

airplane-762729.jpg

Gunny said:
I found it to be a very over-rated movie. I just didn't see what all the fuss was about. It's good, don't get me wrong. It's just not up there with the best in my opinion.

But it is Artsy, I will agree to that.

Over rated? definitely.
But I think they nailed exactly what they were trying to do which was simply to turn the Frank Miller graphic novel into a movie that did his work justice. Better than 80% of the rest of the stupid Hollywood action CGI-fests released of late. But that ain't saying much..

Creeping-Cruds said:
BOOH-YAA! Puck and I finally agree..

what ... you've been disagreeing with me the whole time ?

:doh:

oh yeah, you didn't like Underworld
hey .... did you think iRobot was your favorite movie of all time ?
no, then we agreed there too :))

Puck said:
predictions in general or mayan predictions ?
and are you being sarcastic or do you believe something happens ?

Predictions in general.

I was being sarcastic, I learned after the 3rd or 4th end of world prediction nobody can predict anything and it is just scaremongering at best.

Examples -

All the planets aligning = end of world.
Y2K = end of world.
2001 = end of world because Earth didn't begin at year naught so 2000 was a mistake, of course the massive flaw in that is the fact Earth began a lot longer than 2000 years ago.

Gunny said:
Predictions in general.

I was being sarcastic, I learned after the 3rd or 4th end of world prediction nobody can predict anything and it is just scaremongering at best.

Examples -

All the planets aligning = end of world.
Y2K = end of world.
2001 = end of world because Earth didn't begin at year naught so 2000 was a mistake, of course the massive flaw in that is the fact Earth began a lot longer than 2000 years ago.

Don't get ..
LEFT BELOW
picftvsimpsons1619-2.jpg

just so we're clear .....

there are several 'ideas' as to what will happen in 2012
only a few of them entertain 'the end of the world' notion

Puck said:
just so we're clear .....

there are several 'ideas' as to what will happen in 2012
only a few of them entertain 'the end of the world' notion

My point still remains. Nobody has the ability to predict anything.

And to further make a point we are smarter, more well equipped and understand Earth and the world better then we ever have.

Gunny said:
Nobody has the ability to predict anything.

didn't Nostradamus get a few of them right ?
(apparently)
-- he predicted the French Revolution
Napoleon Bonaparte
Adolf Hitler
both world wars
the nuclear destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
the Apollo moon landings
the death of Diana, Princess of Wales in 1997,
the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster in 1986
and the World Trade Center disaster of 9/11--

Puck said:
didn't Nostradamus get a few of them right ?
(apparently)
-- he predicted the French Revolution
Napoleon Bonaparte
Adolf Hitler
both world wars
the nuclear destruction of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
the Apollo moon landings
the death of Diana, Princess of Wales in 1997,
the Space Shuttle Challenger disaster in 1986
and the World Trade Center disaster of 9/11--

He was very vague and they could be interpreted in many ways (much like horoscopes).

The WTC disaster prediction I know is a complete fabrication. Not sure about the others.

but in essence, it IS possible to predict future events

in re: to the Mayan calendar .. they really didn't predict anything
that's just when there calendar stops
however, that's the year when the solar system aligns with the galactic core

Puck said:
but in essence, it IS possible to predict future events

in re: to the Mayan calendar .. they really didn't predict anything
that's just when there calendar stops
however, that's the year when the solar system aligns with the galactic core

The Mayan calandar is scary accurate. Some feel that because it does stop that this means End of Days...others interpret it different. For those keeping track, it ends December 23, 2012.

Back on Topic.

Goodfellas

goodfellas.jpg

8/10

Good gangsta/wiseguy movie. Joe Pesci plays a real good role as a total nut ball (as do DeNiro and Liotta play good roles).

TNThunder said:
The Mayan calandar is scary accurate. Some feel that because it does stop that this means End of Days...others interpret it different. For those keeping track, it ends December 23, 2012.
I've only seen that date once
it's actually the 21st, I predict the 'beginning' starts the 12th (12/12/12)

-- According to the calendar, the start of the Great Cycle begins ( day 0.0.0.0.0) on 11th August 3114 BC, and the end-date (known as 13.0.0.0.0.) as 21st December 2012 --
^ looking at that, if you formatted your timebase as DD/MM, the date would read as 2112

Part of the 2012 mystique stems from the stars. On the winter solstice in 2012, the sun will be aligned with the center of the Milky Way for the first time in about 26,000 years. This means that "whatever energy typically streams to Earth from the center of the Milky Way will indeed be disrupted on 12/21/12 at 11:11 p.m. Universal Time," Joseph writes.

But scholars doubt the ancient Maya extrapolated great meaning from anticipating the alignment — if they were even aware of what the configuration would be.

Astronomers generally agree that "it would be impossible the Maya themselves would have known that,"

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2007-03-27-maya-2012_n.htm

here's what happens .....

The Earth spins on an axis. Like everything else that spins, it wobbles. That wobble is technically called precession, and it explains why Earthlings have seen the sun rise against different constellations over the centuries.

Each "wobble" (or precessional cycle) lasts 25,800 years. Researchers believe that the current precessional cycle will end in the year 2012. This date is known as the "End-Date" in Maya calendrics. At that time, the Earth will begin a new cycle in the opposite direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back