Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
let's get back to movies .....
if anyone's actually interested in Mayan 2012 hypothesis', then we can certainly start a new thread on the topic

Puck said:
let's get back to movies .....
if anyone's actually interested in Mayan 2012 hypothesis', then we can certainly start a new thread on the topic

Maybe you could call it 'Stoner Central' or 'Gullible's Travels'.:ha:

OK..best comedies ever made (for the older generation).

Caddy Shack
Weekend at Bernies
Animal House (note state flag of TN in courtroom scene)
Strange Brew
The Holy Grail
Young Frankenstein
Spaceballs
Blazing Saddles

My thoughts on 300....it was like finally dating this hot chick you've been dreaming about, and then finding out she's a bit dull.

It was a good movie, entertaining, crazy visuals. Maybe another 30-45 minutes to build the plot more would have made it on the level of Troy or Gladiator for me.

Creeping-Cruds said:
Watched Pathfinder tonight. Total turd - save your money and watch Hott Fuzz twice..

worst movie ever

Zodiac is a good movie

Shooter is good if your in the mood for action and little thinking

Since 300 is based on Frank Miller's graphic novel I think they did an outstanding job perfectly capturing the look, feel and story of the GN. Ultimately It's a cartoon with real actors instead of illustrations- like Sin City.. It's not trying to be anything but that so it's hard to compare it to stuff like Troy and Gladiator

Creeping-Cruds said:
Since 300 is based on Frank Miller's graphic novel I think they did an outstanding job perfectly capturing the look, feel and story of the GN. Ultimately It's a cartoon with real actors instead of illustrations- like Sin City.. It's not trying to be anything but that so it's hard to compare it to stuff like Troy and Gladiator

I didn't know it was based off a novel, but I'd still like more plot and character development. Maybe the book was better.

Apart from the 2nd movie the Bourne films don't really have anything in common with the books other than Bourne's quest to find out who he is & what/who is treadstone.

His back story was much more invloved than simply treadstone & the biggest character in the books was the terrorist known as Carlos the Jackal. Bourne's story revolved around him in Indentity & Ultimatum.

While the I love the books the fact that the movies aren't true to them doesn't take anything away from them for me. They're true to Bourne as a character & are some of the best intelligent action movies ever made.

I also think that the Prestige is a better movie than the book.They differ slightly but the movie has a more satisfying ending.

I didn't think the 2nd book has anything relating to the movie...especially since Marie dies in the movie. There's also no reference to Medusa either.

The books were good though.

But I don't claim the movies and books based off one another, just a very basic background on Bourne and Webb and thats all.

Normally books are better than movies when they try and base it pretty much on the same storyline. Bourne never did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back