Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
104.5 is saying right now that all of our players are out sunday that tested Covid. And you can go to Profootballtalk.com and they have it on their of how newton tests negative twice he can play sunday. Now how in the world can all of our guys already be out on a tuesday but newton has a chance to play sunday? He tested positive later than any of our players. Is this our punishment making us down 9 players. If our guys and I have to assume, some and maybe most, are Asymptomatic, why would they not have a chance to test negative twice between now and sunday and play? This smells!

104.5 is saying right now that all of our players are out sunday that tested Covid. And you can go to Profootballtalk.com and they have it on their of how newton tests negative twice he can play sunday. Now how in the world can all of our guys already be out on a tuesday but newton has a chance to play sunday? He tested positive later than any of our players. Is this our punishment making us down 9 players. If our guys and I have to assume, some and maybe most, are Asymptomatic, why would they not have a chance to test negative twice between now and sunday and play? This smells!

This is F**KING crazy.

If asymptomatic, you either wait 10 days or have 2 negative tests. If they are out it's only because they didn't get any practice in or they had symptoms. I'm assuming Jones, Brinkley and maybe Correa have a chance to play. The others are more than likely out

If asymptomatic, you either wait 10 days or have 2 negative tests. If they are out it's only because they didn't get any practice in or they had symptoms. I'm assuming Jones, Brinkley and maybe Correa have a chance to play. The others are more than likely out

I'm sure its more scientific than this, but can you imagine:

Doctor - "Cam, how you feeling?"
Cam - "Better than yesterday"
Doc - "Asymptomatic, free to play"

Doctor - "Big Jeff, you ok?"
Simmons - "Bit of a cough"
Dr - "Hmm, symptoms are there, best sit sunday out"

Here in NZ, save for 1 recent outbreak that resulted in 130 or so cases, we've pretty much beaten it. We got to 0 once, and are heading back that way (30-40ish at present, most have been imported and are in quarantine).

What this means is, when we do get a case, we get exact info and detail ont he source.

Why i mention all this is because recently one of our cases was a hotel maintenance worker (anyone landing in NZ is put into a hotel 2 weeks).

The maintenance worker was proven to have got the virus from accessing a lift that another positive case had been in. They were never in the lift at the same time.

It didn't, but that case could have blown up and set the whole thing off again, killing dozens - which for NZ is the equivalent of 000's in big countries.

So yeah, its not as simple as the 'stay at home, let others make a choice' argument.

Appreciate the detailed story but that’s why I said “most” come in contact. Of course there are going to be outliers but according to the CDC that’s an extremely rare way to contract the virus. Should we shut things down for instances that are extremely rare?

Using that example I’ll say people probably have no problem with Amazon, UPS, or FedEx delivering packages.

People don’t understand that just because it hasn’t been proven, doesn’t mean there is strong reason to believe evidence one way or the other.

No as stated earlier. I’m tired of people using those examples as if it’s bound to happen when, in fact, they haven’t been able to prove it yet.

It’s ridiculous to use that example until there is way more proof that scenario is an issue.

Are you really surprised the pats still get their hand held by the league?

Not true the others have vaccines and covid does not that's the difference.
The flu has a vaccine and still kills 80k in a bad flu year. So, looks like by your standards, we will stay in shut down purgatory forever.

Life has risks, no way to eliminate risk 100%. But when the survival rate without a vaccine is 99.5%+ for the majority of the population then its time to get everyone back work.

Fill up the sports stadiums, open up the movie theaters and move on. Follow Sweden’s lead. These shut downs are ridiculous. But you can stay home if you feel that’s what’s best for you personally.

Season is going to eventually be cancelled if players keep getting it. It’s turning into a sh1t show now with another Titans testing positive this morning, and DPOY Gilmore.
It’s not like a team can play double headers to make up games.

Season is going to eventually be cancelled if players keep getting it. It’s turning into a sh1t show now with another Titans testing positive this morning, and DPOY Gilmore.
It’s not like a team can play double headers to make up games.
I saw two more positive tests. Is it just 1?

We are looking at the possibility (at least remote possibility) that the Titans will be forced to forfeit now, I think.

The only "good" news for them is that enough other teams have positive tests that the NFL might just decide to add Week 18, 19, etc to make up all the games.

The NFL is gonna have to make some big boy decisions now.

They had it easy the first couple weeks.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 2 week shutdown and then either shorten the season by 2 games, or extend it to get the games in. I’m for shutting it down for a couple of weeks and ending this COVID crap.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a 2 week shutdown and then either shorten the season by 2 games, or extend it to get the games in. I’m for shutting it down for a couple of weeks and ending this COVID crap.

What happens when other teams get Covid after the shut down? You gonna shut it down again?

If you shut down the league, I think the risk of exposure would actually increase for players unless forced to quarantine. Otherwise, you'll have players going on vacation, going back home, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back