Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine since we haven't announced Kelly yet we are planning on interviewing someone still in the playoffs. Imo if it was gonna be Kelly, we would've already announced it. Hopefully that means we are going to interview Joe Brady from the Bills. My first want when it came to OC

Not necessarily. Maybe it's just to appease the Titans fans as though they made their rounds to make it seem like it was fair.

Not necessarily. Maybe it's just to appease the Titans fans as though they made their rounds to make it seem like it was fair.
I get that reasoning but Vrabel doesn't strike me as a guy who really cares what we think. They may indeed hire Kelly but interviewing someone like Brady or one of the others that have been eliminated makes sense as well

Yup.

But he always had good special teams tricks up his sleeve. We also had some KO and Punt return TDs. When was our last one? Opening game against the Dolphins in 19?
I used to love the onside kickoff he pulled. He did that a few times. Think once to start a game and was successful. Honestly I didn’t mind him at times, just the lack of hammer down when leading. Always nailbiters

I didn't watch a ton of chargers games but everyone seems to hate Joe Lombardi. Feels like their O should have been more explosive with Herbert, ekeler, Williams and Allen. Although they did deal with lots of injuries
I didn't watch a ton either. It seems like that team never reached is full potential, so yea, I get the fan hate, but how many coaches have they cycled through?

You can argue Herbert regressed, but this is the best the team has done and this is without Allen and Williams most of the year. His stats were still better then Tanny's best.

View attachment 20485

I'm not saying he's my top choice, I just liked some of the plays I saw where they tried to buy Herbert time and put him in a position to make plays. Would be nice if we copied some of that.

I don't really get the love for Joe Brady. How much credit does he really deserve for his 1 year at LSU, where he didn't call plays? Maybe we should hire Ed Orgeron. How you go from an assistant, to a college passing game coordinator, to an NFL OC is crazy to me in 2 years is crazy to me. He got fired from Carolina and Josh Allen was Josh Allen before Brady this season.

I think if Burrow really liked him, he would have pulled for the Bengals to hire him after getting fired by the Panthers.

I don't really get the love for Joe Brady. How much credit does he really deserve for his 1 year at LSU, where he didn't call plays? Maybe we should hire Ed Orgeron. How you go from an assistant, to a college passing game coordinator, to an NFL OC is crazy to me in 2 years is crazy to me. He got fired from Carolina and Josh Allen was Josh Allen before Brady this season.

I think if Burrow really liked him, he would have pulled for the Bengals to hire him after getting fired by the Panthers.

Given that his and Rhule's problem was that Brady wanted to air it out and Rhule wanted to run the ball make me think he wont gel with Vrabel's identity

Just ranting here but wondering what makes OC's appear brain dead sometimes when their season is on the line. I mean just off the top of my head, Minny needing about 10yd and having 3-ish receivers go long and one route short of yard to gain. Chargers with a commanding lead and only running ~7 times in the second half. Dallas with the screwy last play yesterday and so much wrong with that. Tennessee having their best offensive weapon on the sideline the last couple of plays. .

insider-rams-hire-frank-reich.jpg

Just ranting here but wondering what makes OC's appear brain dead sometimes when their season is on the line. I mean just off the top of my head, Minny needing about 10yd and having 3-ish receivers go long and one route short of yard to gain. Chargers with a commanding lead and only running ~7 times in the second half. Dallas with the screwy last play yesterday and so much wrong with that. Tennessee having their best offensive weapon on the sideline the last couple of plays. .
Brain dead?

View attachment 20488

well... I am hoping he has to stay in town just to deal with his dui situation... you know where he was drunk driving cause Titan fans were gonna murderize his family

NEVER HAPPENED

Pure speculation, but I think the longer this goes on, the less likely it is Kelly gets the job. My gut says it’s Nagy and waiting for the Chiefs season to end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back