Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he would be a great hire. Not all great coordinators make good head coaches. The Andy Reid offense would be a welcome addition. Much better than Tim Kelly and more of the same.

I would prefer Nagy over Kelly no question. Im sure people are having a hard time looking over Nagys time in Chicago, but he did a great job in KC before that as an OC

I would prefer Nagy over Kelly no question. Im sure people are having a hard time looking over Nagys time in Chicago, but he did a great job in KC before that as an OC
His first season with the Bears he went 12-4. Amazing for that team. You have to look at the entire body of work, which is positive.

His first season with the Bears he went 12-4. Amazing for that team. You have to look at the entire body of work, which is positive.
Nagy was the OC in KC for only one year and he had T Kelce, T Hill and K Hunt.

The Bears were 12-4 because of their defense. The defense led the league in both pts allowed and turnovers. The main reason the offense was at best average was because Trubisky used his running ability. They were 24th in pass att and 21st in yds.

Prediction:
Niners lose to Cowboys tonight and Bobby Slowik is hired as the Titans OC this week.

San Francisco 49ers - Bobby Slowik, 49ers Passing Game Coordinator

Chris Foerester could also be considered, but I’d prefer Slowik

San Francisco 49ers - Chris Foerester, 49ers Run Game Coordinator and OL Coach
The fact they haven't named anyone OC yet screams they are waiting for someone to come available for sure. If they already know Kelly is going to be OC they would of already announced it.

I actually liked some of the Chargers plays the few games I watched. It seems like they moved the pocket and intentionally rolled Herbert out to buy more time. I could not understand why we didn't do the same with Tannehill. Leaving him in the pocket on 3 and long was almost criminal.

I also love how they involve RBs in the passing game. We might have a hidden gem in Hilliard. Anyone know how LAC's OL ranked?
I didn't watch a ton of chargers games but everyone seems to hate Joe Lombardi. Feels like their O should have been more explosive with Herbert, ekeler, Williams and Allen. Although they did deal with lots of injuries

Well yeah, anyone was better than Downing. Not the case now. Much better options available.
Oh I don’t disagree. But if we had shown improvement with Kelly (which I don’t doubt) people would be wild about the move. Now, if he is hired, posters will sulk and some will claim we won’t win a game next year and Vrabel is a homer, blah, blah, blah. Context is everything.

Oh I don’t disagree. But if we had shown improvement with Kelly (which I don’t doubt) people would be wild about the move. Now, if he is hired, posters will sulk and some will claim we won’t win a game next year and Vrabel is a homer, blah, blah, blah. Context is everything.
From what I’ve seen Texans fans post, they would love for the Titans to promote Kelly because they absolutely hated him.

The fans usually have a pretty good grasp of their own coaches and players. That’s a pretty good consensus to go by. See Todd Downing.
Downing was so bad his mom knew it. I remember when everyone wanted Schwartz gone as DC and many people called for Smith gone as OC. Most fans are not a good barometer. The GoTitans forum is unique for its genius members.

I would imagine since we haven't announced Kelly yet we are planning on interviewing someone still in the playoffs. Imo if it was gonna be Kelly, we would've already announced it. Hopefully that means we are going to interview Joe Brady from the Bills. My first want when it came to OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back