Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been encouraged by the candidates we've been "linked" to for OC. Either of the two guys from KC I think would be good hires, and would show that Vrabel is open to changing the identity of the offense. They've been loyal to a fault, to the running game and as great as Henry is, he's better when play action is working and we have a passing game that's working. That's why I hope we don't go in the direction of Greg Roman. Bring someone in that will change things up and strengthen the passing game.

Vrabel chose Todd Downing, so I don’t have much faith in him making the right choice at OC. We know being a yes man is requirement #1. Hopefully Vrabel realizes if he screws up again, it’s likely his a$$

If we want to keep running he has to be the top pick for the job. Saw Ravens finished second in rushing yards while only having seventh most rushing attempts.
It helps when your QB is the team's leading rusher. Yes, some of that was designed runs, but a lot of that is Lamar scrambling and making plays.

Maybe if we were all in on Malek, this makes sense, but were not. MW was flat out terrible. I certainly don't think it would be a good idea to break the bank for Jackson either. Unless Roman can adapt to a more "pro-style" offense, I don't think he's what the Titans need.

I'll give him credit for being able to get good production out of random plug-and-pay RBs, but how much of that was the threat of Lamar's legs? We've been pretty good at getting good running production outside of Henry too.

Trey Lance, maybe? I hope not.

I dont want to get away from running, but I want to get away from running. No thanks to the ratbirds OC.
Just need an OC that doesn't run Henry up the middle in to a wall of 10 defenders every damn play. Someone who can make adjustments to what the defense is doing and have a passing game that is a threat. Opens up the offense as a whole.

I actually liked some of the Chargers plays the few games I watched. It seems like they moved the pocket and intentionally rolled Herbert out to buy more time. I could not understand why we didn't do the same with Tannehill. Leaving him in the pocket on 3 and long was almost criminal.

I also love how they involve RBs in the passing game. We might have a hidden gem in Hilliard. Anyone know how LAC's OL ranked?

Just need an OC that doesn't run Henry up the middle in to a wall of 10 defenders every damn play. Someone who can make adjustments to what the defense is doing and have a passing game that is a threat. Opens up the offense as a whole.

Damnit Mitch86 ! Your making to much sense in this board. We need emotional unreasonable responses , not this !

In that final game of the season I think Downing ran Henry up the middle on 1st down like 30 out of 31 times. Every time Jacksonville loaded the box and just waited for it. Embarrassing.

I actually liked some of the Chargers plays the few games I watched. It seems like they moved the pocket and intentionally rolled Herbert out to buy more time. I could not understand why we didn't do the same with Tannehill. Leaving him in the pocket on 3 and long was almost criminal.

I also love how they involve RBs in the passing game. We might have a hidden gem in Hilliard. Anyone know how LAC's OL ranked?
T17 back from injury lacked mobility BUT I 100% agree... if he is so immobile he cant roll out then he is clearly in mortal physical danger behind 22 Titan OL

You'd think that was part of the job description but not in Tennessee for two years. Glad things are gonna change because the OC job is as simple as what you are saying.

The way Vrabel answered the OC question in the press conference, I have a feeling Kelly is getting promoted. Wasn’t very enthusiastic talking about candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back