Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine more OC canidates start to crop up today now that the GM hunt is over. Considering that we haven't heard much I still believe Tim Kelly is the front runner for the position.

I'd like Matt Nagy but doubt he interviews before the Chiefs are eliminated.

I don't know anything about Charles London, QB coach for the Falcons. It looks like he serves as Bill O'Brians HB coach while Vrabel was in Houston. Screams Rooney Rule to me but who knows. Serving under Art Smith gives the schematic compatability I expect Vrabel to look for.

Until he's actually hired/interviewed I'm keeping Mike Lefleaur as my 1b. Expected to hire is not hiring.

So a 'good coach' tries getting players to play in a system they know the player can't handle? I know what I and other fans saw on the field when Nagy was in control of the offense and it was a friggin' nightmare. It was Downing level bad.
You hear from the players now on some of the differences between Nagy's way and the Getsy/Eberflus way and you just shake your head about Nagy's incompetence.

If the Rams do hire LeFleaur I'd also like us to look at Zac Robinson from the Rams. He's served as their Qb Coach and passing game coordinator since 2021.

He's has the obvious down sides of a young offensive assistant (lack of placalling experience, threat of being hired away after 1 season) but the McVay/Shanahan tree has been amazing of late.

I'd also say his experience as a PFF analyst is an interesting background when balanced out with his NFL background. It's rumored that Robinson was fired partially due to a lack of analytics in the FO.

So a 'good coach' tries getting players to play in a system they know the player can't handle? I know what I and other fans saw on the field when Nagy was in control of the offense and it was a friggin' nightmare. It was Downing level bad.
You hear from the players now on some of the differences between Nagy's way and the Getsy/Eberflus way and you just shake your head about Nagy's incompetence.
Trubiskie isn’t going to succeed in any system. There’s also a big difference in being a head coach and being a coordinator. Many great coordinators were bad head coaches. It also increases the chances he sticks around if he is successful, because other teams will have that fear he’s a bad head coach.

Trubiskie isn’t going to succeed in any system. There’s also a big difference in being a head coach and being a coordinator. Many great coordinators were bad head coaches. It also increases the chances he sticks around if he is successful, because other teams will have that fear he’s a bad head coach.
Granted Trubisky isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but he was a ProBowl QB (for the little that's worth) when he was allowed to use his legs. Nagy stopped that, wanting MT to stay in the pocket. And we're not talking about other OCs vs head coach, these posts are specifically about Nagy. Nagy called the plays for the Bears. Countless times at press conf, the media would ask him if he'd relenquish the play calling dutings. Nagy's incompetence wasn't just with MT, it was equally as bad with the offense when Fields was QB. He made no half time adjustments. For 3rdQ scoring, Bears were last in the league in 2020 (25th in 2021) under Nagy. This year with worse offensive personnel, Bears were 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back