Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that final game of the season I think Downing ran Henry up the middle on 1st down like 30 out of 31 times. Every time Jacksonville loaded the box and just waited for it. Embarrassing.

Running the football too much on first down has been a consistent theme during Vrabel's tenure as head coach. Opposing defense know it is coming and just load the box. When defenses do that and hold the Titans to a minimal gain or a loss, that just puts more pressure on the offense as 2nd and long becomes a more obvious passing down. With the Titans weak links at WR and OL, that meant more 3rd and longs (truly obvious passing down) and more 3 and outs.

I think if the Titans just passed the ball a little bit more on first down (even if the result was incompletion), the offense would potentially open up as a whole.

Wont be thrilled if we just promote Kelly. Would have to imagine anything is better than downing. As long as either Vrabel or Kelly come out and say they're gonna throw more or change things up that's what is most important

Wont be thrilled if we just promote Kelly. Would have to imagine anything is better than downing. As long as either Vrabel or Kelly come out and say they're gonna throw more or change things up that's what is most important
Tim Kelly was the passing game coordinator and I’ve never seen the Titans have a worse passing game. Enough said…

Tim Kelly was the passing game coordinator and I’ve never seen the Titans have a worse passing game. Enough said…

Ya we know how that was last season. Just would like to at least hear them address the issue of over running and predictive running and getting away from it. Random people on a forum should not be able to predict plays with such high efficiency like many here do lol

Ya we know how that was last season. Just would like to at least hear them address the issue of over running and predictive running and getting away from it. Random people on a forum should not be able to predict plays with such high efficiency like many here do lol
We need a whole new direction on offense. I’m tired of watching this outdated nonsense.

Maybe it just doesn’t get mentioned often, but I’ve never heard of a passing game coordinator. Is this a facetious title?

even if that weird scenario of Downing calling plays but Kelly’s passing plays being used or however that would work, Kelly did nothing to keep a job either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back