Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure speculation, but I think the longer this goes on, the less likely it is Kelly gets the job. My gut says it’s Nagy and waiting for the Chiefs season to end.
I think the only way Kelly gets the job is if whoever we are waiting on turns us down and we have no other options

fwiw - I went to a Chicago Bear forum I frequent and made the following post:
"Primarily a Bear fan but also a Titan fan. They fired their OC a couple of weeks ago and rumors are circulating that one of the candidates for OC is Matt Nagy. Geeze, just shoot me. Thought I saw that last of that clown."

The response I got, which was 'liked' by multiple other posters was:
"Maybe it is similar to the Rooney rule where you also have to interview a candidate that is mentally challenged"
- - - - -
Maybe Nagy's learned from his Chicago days, but that's doubtful. My hope is that since he wouldn't relenquish the play calling duties in Chicago, he doesn't want to take an OC position where he's a 'yes man' to the head coach.

fwiw - I went to a Chicago Bear forum I frequent and made the following post:
"Primarily a Bear fan but also a Titan fan. They fired their OC a couple of weeks ago and rumors are circulating that one of the candidates for OC is Matt Nagy. Geeze, just shoot me. Thought I saw that last of that clown."

The response I got, which was 'liked' by multiple other posters was:
"Maybe it is similar to the Rooney rule where you also have to interview a candidate that is mentally challenged"
- - - - -
Maybe Nagy's learned from his Chicago days, but that's doubtful. My hope is that since he wouldn't relenquish the play calling duties in Chicago, he doesn't want to take an OC position where he's a 'yes man' to the head coach.
OC is much different than HC. Most great coordinators don’t make great head coaches. He was also stuck with the Chicago Bears roster which was much worse than ours. What do you expect?

OC is much different than HC. Most great coordinators don’t make great head coaches. He was also stuck with the Chicago Bears roster which was much worse than ours. What do you expect?
We're talking about Matt Nagy, not other coordinators. He's been an OC once, for one year in KC. He was calling plays in Chicago for 4 years, except for a handfull of games.
Nagy's Chicago teams were 12-4 (because of the #1 defense), 8-8, 8-8 and 6-11. That's 65 3rd quarters he could use to make halftime adjustments. In those 65 quarters, the Bears only scored more than a TD in 7; 3pts or less in 36 of those 65. He made no adjustments. Sound familiar? He nearly got Fields killed in the Cleveland game when he wouldn't adjust protection to help the LT.
The 3-14 Bears under Eberflus/Getsy did far more with less than Nagy ever did.
3rdQ: Nagy 2020 = 3.0 pts, Nagy 2021 = 3.6 pts, Flus/Getsy 2022 = 5.4 pts

We're talking about Matt Nagy, not other coordinators. He's been an OC once, for one year in KC. He was calling plays in Chicago for 4 years, except for a handfull of games.
Nagy's Chicago teams were 12-4 (because of the #1 defense), 8-8, 8-8 and 6-11. That's 65 3rd quarters he could use to make halftime adjustments. In those 65 quarters, the Bears only scored more than a TD in 7; 3pts or less in 36 of those 65. He made no adjustments. Sound familiar? He nearly got Fields killed in the Cleveland game when he wouldn't adjust protection to help the LT.
The 3-14 Bears under Eberflus/Getsy did far more with less than Nagy ever did.
3rdQ: Nagy 2020 = 3.0 pts, Nagy 2021 = 3.6 pts, Flus/Getsy 2022 = 5.4 pts
Who was his QB? That’s important you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back