Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, we ar so jaded as a fanbase.

I'm just glad we got something to be excited about for once.

And KW is hard to trust if he hasn't got a geriatric QB.

Man, we ar so jaded as a fanbase.

I'm just glad we got something to be excited about for once.

And KW is hard to trust if he hasn't got a geriatric QB.

I got two different messages from reading this post. One of optimism and one of fear. Which one is it?

Keep in mind, Ken Whisenhunt was the offensive coordinator for the Pittsbugh Steelers when Ben Roethlisberger won his first Super Bowl. And he helped 'develop' him. Not all of the qb's he has coached have been geriatric. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You want to compare him to VY and Jake Locker. I say he is closer to Russell Wilson with better skills. If I'm wrong. Feel free to rub it in. I won't be going anywhere.

Has 520 disclosed to you, what I think anyway, is the main reason he hates Mariota? It is not even the Mett thing, though Mett is part of it.

520 is born and raised in Baja Arizona and is a big University of Arizona fan. Do not know if the rivalry with Oregon is a big one but I do know that Arizona beat Oregon a couple times while Mariota was there. Those two Oregon losses factor into 520's judgment.

Trust me though, should Mariota start playing well consistently there will be few who are a bigger Mariota fan than 520.

I got two different messages from reading this post. One of optimism and one of fear. Which one is it?

Keep in mind, Ken Whisenhunt was the offensive coordinator for the Pittsbugh Steelers when Ben Roethlisberger won his first Super Bowl. And he helped 'develop' him. Not all of the qb's he has coached have been geriatric. :)

People are quick to forget KW's impact on the Steelers.

On a side note some things to know if you are going to be a Titans fan:
  1. Most of us really hate Peyton Manning. Like really hate him. It is annoying as hell that there were so many UT Manning jerseys at LP field every time the rival Colts came to town
  2. Though they are in a different division two of our biggest rivals are the Steelers and Ravens. This is the case for two reasons. One, the Oilers/Titans franchise was once in the same division as the Steelers and Ravens. Two, back when we were good we often met the Steelers and Ravens in the playoffs
  3. Rival fans like to call us "Tacks" because of the Titans logo. We call the Jaguars - Tarp Kitties; Texans - Cows; Steelers - Stoolers and Ravens - Rat Birds. Also, most Texans fans are butthurt old Oilers fans who really really hate the Titans.
  4. Jeff Fisher, despite some success, is not remembered very fondly by most fans.
  5. Steve McNair and Eddie George are gods..... Derrick Mason would be were it not for the way he left. Keith Bulluck is close to god status
  6. Chris Johnson is a polarizing player. Some love him some do not. He is also the only player to have his own emoticon on this site: :cj:

Has 520 disclosed to you, what I think anyway, is the main reason he hates Mariota? It is not even the Mett thing, though Mett is part of it.

520 is born and raised in Baja Arizona and is a big University of Arizona fan. Do not know if the rivalry with Oregon is a big one but I do know that Arizona beat Oregon a couple times while Mariota was there. Those two Oregon losses factor into 520's judgment.

Trust me though, should Mariota start playing well consistently there will be few who are a bigger Mariota fan than 520.
dude. dont try to rationalize anything. i dont like mariota as an nfl prospect. its not about mett. its not about arizona. its not about a pac 12 rivalry. shit jake plummer is one of my favorite qbs, and i was all for jaelen strong, a scum devil, being drafted here. its purely 100% football skill. dont try to find excuses, not everyone sees him as the golden god who can never do wrong and will never lose a game like you and your fellow marcinites

but yes that last statement is 100% correct.

dude. dont try to rationalize anything. i dont like mariota as an nfl prospect. its not about mett. its not about arizona. its not about a pac 12 rivalry. **** jake plummer is one of my favorite qbs, and i was all for jaelen strong, a scum devil, being drafted here. its purely 100% football skill. dont try to find excuses, not everyone sees him as the golden god who can never do wrong and will never lose a game like you and your fellow marcinites

Whats a scum devil lol? I think Jake Plummer is a crud demon.

As I've mentioned before in another thread thanks to Mariota I can now wear my Titans logo cap in public and people know it's a footballnteam instead of assuming that I work for a gas company.

I was all for strong too....I hope he's not the same equivalent of Sankey when I wanted Hill so bad....I do think DGB can ball, so we'll see I guess.

dude. dont try to rationalize anything. i dont like mariota as an nfl prospect. its not about mett. its not about arizona. its not about a pac 12 rivalry. **** jake plummer is one of my favorite qbs, and i was all for jaelen strong, a scum devil, being drafted here. its purely 100% football skill. dont try to find excuses, not everyone sees him as the golden god who can never do wrong and will never lose a game like you and your fellow marcinites

I loved Jake Plummer. I actually enjoyed watching Denver play back in the days of Plummer. I f'n hate those co*k smokers now...

It is fear, last season we were all super stoked to have a new coach, we opened the season so strong, then it all fell apart. That's the kind of stuff that has been imprinted in our minds as hardcore fans, success, then failure.

Something happens that we expect good things to cone of, then it's a downward spiral to football hell.

The 99 super bowl defines the titans fan experience, "almost made it."

And yes, we despise Peyton manning, he's bad mojo round here.

As I've mentioned before in another thread thanks to Mariota I can now wear my Titans logo cap in public and people know it's a footballnteam instead of assuming that I work for a gas company.

Lol.. if you didnt know any better you might think we were a propane company.

Lol.. if you didnt know any better you might think we were a propane company.
28870ec4de15a8e247fd74550f2f849a7a40eab193f66af432e42dd726db598d.jpg

Makes total sense. And good for him...

People are quick to forget KW's impact on the Steelers.

On a side note some things to know if you are going to be a Titans fan:
  1. Most of us really hate Peyton Manning. Like really hate him. It is annoying as hell that there were so many UT Manning jerseys at LP field every time the rival Colts came to town
  2. Though they are in a different division two of our biggest rivals are the Steelers and Ravens. This is the case for two reasons. One, the Oilers/Titans franchise was once in the same division as the Steelers and Ravens. Two, back when we were good we often met the Steelers and Ravens in the playoffs
  3. Rival fans like to call us "Tacks" because of the Titans logo. We call the Jaguars - Tarp Kitties; Texans - Cows; Steelers - Stoolers and Ravens - Rat Birds. Also, most Texans fans are butthurt old Oilers fans who really really hate the Titans.
  4. Jeff Fisher, despite some success, is not remembered very fondly by most fans.
  5. Steve McNair and Eddie George are gods..... Derrick Mason would be were it not for the way he left. Keith Bulluck is close to god status
  6. Chris Johnson is a polarizing player. Some love him some do not. He is also the only player to have his own emoticon on this site: :cj:

Good stuff. Thanks for the education!

I think it's you that said you are not high on Russell Wilson. I wasn't either. As a matter of fact, I thought the qb the Seahawks signed from the Packers, Grrr, can't think of his name now was going to be the long term answer. But Russell's intangibles, who I compare Mariota too and his game managment is why we are talking about a huge contract extension for him. I see Mariota in the same light but with someone potentially with better skills.

With that said, there are a lot of insiders high on Mariota. Chip Kelly is on record saying that he will win 'multiple championships with someone'. There are those who are awfully bright and know the game I don't believe that are as high on him and that are the Manning's. In the end, I think he is Manning/Luck in this draft. I think Winston is the Leif/RG3 in this draft and is a flake and will translate as such in the pro game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back