Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven’t listened to anyone but I don’t really care enough. Even if it’s eradicated you’ll still have guys like Fauci spreading nonsense to keep their name relevant and the media will keep pushing it for ratings/clicks. 396 deaths on Sunday, a 90% decrease since March 21st which was 3,940.

There is quite a bit of lag between new cases and new deaths (at least 2-3 weeks generally). We also know more about the virus now and ways to treat it, than we did in March/April, so that itself will decrease the amount of deaths. Increases in new cases is certainly due to more testing, but the rate of positivity is the concern. We're seeing big spikes in positivity rates and that most assuredly will lead to a spike in deaths. Several states are already reporting their highest COVID hospitalizations since the pandemic began. Unfortunately, it's very likely new deaths will have a sharp rise in the next couple weeks.

It's very likely at this point that sports will at least start their seasons with no fans. The Novac Djokovic tournament is a prime example of the sort of risk you present and the type of blowback that will be incurred in a worst case scenario situation. The best chance for sports (and everything else) to get back to normal is for a valid treatment/vaccine to be developed.

Maybe I'm wrong and new deaths will continue to drop. That would certainly be the most optimal scenario.

you want to bet money on that? not moolah. real money. pick the amount. you're obviously not paying very close attention.

Yup. I know this thread seems to be a few weeks since the last post, but at this point, there is no way the NFL starts the season with fans. The HOF game is already canceled, we know more players and coaches are going to test positive. I do think we get can NFL season, but it wont be with fans (at least to start) and plenty of players are going to have to miss games (they might need to expand the roster). College is a whole other question. I dont know if we are going to get a college season or not.

Yup. I know this thread seems to be a few weeks since the last post, but at this point, there is no way the NFL starts the season with fans. The HOF game is already canceled, we know more players and coaches are going to test positive. I do think we get can NFL season, but it wont be with fans (at least to start) and plenty of players are going to have to miss games (they might need to expand the roster). College is a whole other question. I dont know if we are going to get a college season or not.
Disagree. They are making the concessions they have to. I'll bet there will be no preseason, they will block off parts of the stadium, and they will make fans sign waivers. But there will be games and there will be at least some fans.

I think ncaa is likely to do conference play only with similar stadium rules.

Disagree. They are making the concessions they have to. I'll bet there will be no preseason, they will block off parts of the stadium, and they will make fans sign waivers. But there will be games and there will be at least some fans.

I think ncaa is likely to do conference play only with similar stadium rules.

Doesnt make sense to block off parts of the stadium if the idea is to have fans spaced out, unless you are just talking about suites and maybe club levels. I also dont really see why college would limit it to just conference play. Traveling within your conferense has just as many risks as traveling out of conference. The problem college is going to have, other than the obvious, is that once you get outside of the major conferences, a lot of schools are going to take a financial hit if they dont have fans in the stands. The NFL and major college conferences will still make money off of TV contracts, but mid major programs will struggle financially if they cant sell tickets. I think college is a lot more complicated than the NFL because of those types of factors.

How do we all feel about teams traveling to games the same day? No hotels to worry about, but other issues will arise. Mechanical issues with planes, weather... But theyd be less exposed to the rona..

Thoughts?

How do we all feel about teams traveling to games the same day? No hotels to worry about, but other issues will arise. Mechanical issues with planes, weather... But theyd be less exposed to the rona..

Thoughts?
This whole season will be in the record books with an asterisk... and, OF COURSE, this will be the year the Titans win it all.

Thoughts?
I think it's stupid. Pending distance, just imagine how you feel after traveling a long distance then would be expected to play a game. Too me, this is a super Home field advantage.

The way cases are spreading now, especially after the 4th of july bump gets counted, i dont believe a game will be played. Players are gonna opt out, especially “rich enough” superstars. By sept/oct. cases will be through the roof and we will be talking about march madness.

When this whole covid thing started in mid March I suggested to my wife please set your expectations appropriately and you won't be as dissapointed when bars get shut down for a few months. She chose to believe "this whole thing will blow over in two weeks or so."
A guy in my office bet me "there is no way the US will see more than 20k deaths from this thing, no possible way, it's impossible."
There will be no full NFL season, just accept it now and don't feel quite as bad later. On a geological scale of time all life is meaningless anyway, enjoy Arby's.

When this whole covid thing started in mid March I suggested to my wife please set your expectations appropriately and you won't be as dissapointed when bars get shut down for a few months. She chose to believe "this whole thing will blow over in two weeks or so."
A guy in my office bet me "there is no way the US will see more than 20k deaths from this thing, no possible way, it's impossible."
There will be no full NFL season, just accept it now and don't feel quite as bad later. On a geological scale of time all life is meaningless anyway, enjoy Arby's.
My kids will look back on this as a weird time - my son won't remember it at all.

Anne Frank and her family lived in their attic for 2 YEARS hiding from Nazis...

People are weak as hell compared to a little 13-14 year old girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back