Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a sack monster but one of the best all around edge defenders in the game.

Seems obvious we are moving on from Conk and will spend that money elsewhere. I like the guys we’ve been linked to. Clowney would be a great addition
I think with a Simmons and Casey, Clowney does well.

Not a sack monster but one of the best all around edge defenders in the game.

Seems obvious we are moving on from Conk and will spend that money elsewhere. I like the guys we’ve been linked to. Clowney would be a great addition
The love.for clowney is as over blown as the hate for conklin. I have no idea how we have people who hate conk who just needs some some help 2 play elite.

At the same time clowney for as much cash has never shown he can be elite at his position and is hurt all the time on top of that.

1 of 6 with a long of 31.
Not gonna look it up, but that has to be close to the worst season ever for a Kicker and probably includes other kickers with a partial season.

But you are trying to use xps as rational for why someone is better. Just showing you Succop was good on those last year and that xps shouldn’t be the barometer.

The love.for clowney is as over blown as the hate for conklin. I have no idea how we have people who hate conk who just needs some some help 2 play elite.

At the same time clowney for as much cash has never shown he can be elite at his position and is hurt all the time on top of that.

I will never understand how someone interpreted my post as hating on Conklin.

Clowney has absolutely been an elite edge defender. He’s not an elite pass rusher but he’s an elite all around edge defender.

I will never understand how someone interpreted my post as hating on Conklin.

Clowney has absolutely been an elite edge defender. He’s not an elite pass rusher but he’s an elite all around edge defender.
He is a elite run defender, an above average pass rusher, and a poor coverage guy.

I dont buy anything this time of year, but "test" the market doesnt mean he's gone.

Ton of smoke this time of year but IMO, if he tests the market he’s gone. Very rarely do they go back. He’s going to have some teams that will open their wallets and overpay.

Ton of smoke this time of year but IMO, if he tests the market he’s gone. Very rarely do they go back. He’s going to have some teams that will open their wallets and overpay.

Who would overpay for Tannehill though? Remember there is also:

Brady
Bridgewater
Rivers
Burrows
Tua
Herbert
Winston
Dalton
Mariota
Possibly Taysom Hill
Maybe Carr

I'm just saying, the rest of the league all have 6 years of tape of Tanny playing inconsistently. They also know that Henry had a LOT to do with his success in Tennessee last year. I honestly think the Tanny market could even be weaker than the Foles market a year ago. Totally makes sense to let him see his value and then resign at a reasonable rate.

Can the Steelers even afford to tag Dupree?
No. This is becoming the new normal unfortunately. Tag and trade. It completely defeats the whole purpose of the Franchise tag, which was intended to let teams keep their stars. This could change soon though I bet as players get angry at the move. Maybe even in the new CBA.

If we cant resign Conklin, we should tag and trade him. I bet we could get a 1st rounder for him.

Who would overpay for Tannehill though? Remember there is also:

Brady
Bridgewater
Rivers
Burrows
Tua
Herbert
Winston
Dalton
Mariota
Possibly Taysom Hill
Maybe Carr

I'm just saying, the rest of the league all have 6 years of tape of Tanny playing inconsistently. They also know that Henry had a LOT to do with his success in Tennessee last year. I honestly think the Tanny market could even be weaker than the Foles market a year ago. Totally makes sense to let him see his value and then resign at a reasonable rate.

Id take Tannehill over every single one of those guys with the exception of Brady potentially. Miami was an absolute train wreck when he was there and was surrounded by incompetency not to mention he got hurt. Surround him with the right pieces like last year and those are the results you are going to get. I’m going to disagree, I think Tanne is going to get paid, whether he’ll be worth the payday is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back