Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how Fisher wanted Matt Leinart lol. I could never picture Leinart as a Titan .
I was also dead wrong on that one. I wanted leinert and I remember the rumors about cutler.
Both picks would have drastically changed our history. Leinert was a quickly enough discovered bust that we probably would have drafted at least a year earlier than Locker.
Cutler probably would have had us a little more competitive to need a new QB after Locker’s year.

Shoot, if we can franchise him and then trade him for an early 2nd we should do it. He would be overpaid and we could draft someone to eventually replace Kelly with that pick.
Either he is worth a first or more or he isnt going to cost as much to resign as everyone is saying.

Rivers and the Chargers are parting ways. Not a rumor anymore. If he wanted to play close to home, Tampa Bay might be an option if he doesn't choose to retire.

Rivers and the Chargers are parting ways. Not a rumor anymore. If he wanted to play close to home, Tampa Bay might be an option if he doesn't choose to retire.
Miami could be an option? Rumors say they want to draft Tua but Tua won't be ready for a season or two so Rivers could be the guy for the time being while Tua heels and learns

Devil's advocate here - wouldn't you rather pay a tackle than a guard? I would almost rather pay Conklin and cut Saffold. Saffold was bad for a good part of the beginning of the season. Conklin was bad last year when he still coming off an injury.

What would be the cap hit to release Saffold? It seems like it would be easier to replace a guard than OT. If I remember correctly, we'll be paying Saffold $12-$13 million this year. Put that towards resigning Conklin if you can make the numbers work.

Devil's advocate here - wouldn't you rather pay a tackle than a guard? I would almost rather pay Conklin and cut Saffold. Saffold was bad for a good part of the beginning of the season. Conklin was bad last year when he still coming off an injury.

What would be the cap hit to release Saffold? It seems like it would be easier to replace a guard than OT. If I remember correctly, we'll be paying Saffold $12-$13 million this year. Put that towards resigning Conklin if you can make the numbers work.

His dead money would be 13.1 million so he's not going anywhere. Next year his dead money would be almost 5 million and we'd save 7.5 million. After that we could save 10.5 by cutting him his final year and only eat about 2 million. I'd say it's safe to say he's our LG for the next 2 seasons. He also was one of our top performers at the end of the season if I remember correctly.

His dead money would be 13.1 million so he's not going anywhere. Next year his dead money would be almost 5 million and we'd save 7.5 million. After that we could save 10.5 by cutting him his final year and only eat about 2 million. I'd say it's safe to say he's our LG for the next 2 seasons. He also was one of our top performers at the end of the season if I remember correctly.
Yea Saffold or anyone who signed up as recently as him arent going anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back