Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this will end up a widely overrated move.
Gronkowski hanging out with the Fla senior citizen, Brady, doesn’t have me convinced Tampa is actually going to be all that good.

Would anyone consider trading #29 straight up for Ngakoue?
Dude literally JUST turned 25. Him and Simmons can beast on that line for years to come. His contract is gonna be expensive but he's currently making around what we're offering Clowney. Then in the 2nd rd go after a corner...solidify the defense now...

Dude literally JUST turned 25. Him and Simmons can beast on that line for years to come. His contract is gonna be expensive but he's currently making around what we're offering Clowney. Then in the 2nd rd go after a corner...solidify the defense now...

I wouldn't.

Rumor is that he is looking for $22 mil a year. I'm not sure I want to let core guys walk a year or 2 down the road for what very well could be someone that doesn't necessarily give us more production than rentals like Beasley.

At least Clowney seems to be less of a long term commit. And he is more versatile.

I would much rather trade for an interior presence like Chris Jones or Grady Jarrett.

I wouldn't.

Rumor is that he is looking for $22 mil a year. I'm not sure I want to let core guys walk a year or 2 down the road for what very well could be someone that doesn't necessarily give us more production than rentals like Beasley.

At least Clowney seems to be less of a long term commit. And he is more versatile.

Valid point. I just want to solidify our DE position with a stud. We went too many years without a stud on the line to put next to Casey. We did him a disservice.

Valid point. I just want to solidify our DE position with a stud. We went too many years without a stud on the line to put next to Casey. We did him a disservice.
Yea my hesitation is he is s an OLB. We need a bigger 3-4 DE.

But I wouldn't be mad if we pulled the trigger

He would play OLBer for us....I’ve never seen him play inside at all and that certainly is not his strength. Not sure Jags would trade him to a division foe...a move like this would put either Landry or Beasley on the bench...

Other issue is actually getting a deal done before making the trade...I would never do what the Texans and Rams did last yr trading away 1st rnd picks and not having a deal in place....just wait and see how Ramsey and Tunsil stick it too them

You know what... screw him. I don't want him. After reading his twitter exchange this dude is a cry baby. I'd be shocked if JRob pursued him. Plus I question his value. He's very similar to Beasly and can he really provide the same impact NOT playing behind that stacked D-Line?? We'll see. He'll probably end up whining himself into a worse situation

I doubt the Jags would trade him for the 29th pick and to us.

The social media stuff is a turn off...shut up and play..if you don't want to be with the team, approach FO properly.

Like Khan said to him on Twitter he's not upping his trade value with his Twitter bs

Be interesting how he does without Calais Campbell

I'm surprised we haven't looked at Darqueze Dennard. He has been a consistently high quality slot CB for several years now. PFF has this to say:

Dennard isn't a free agent who'll be signed early for a lot of money, but rather one that would be a great addition for low cost after everything plays out. He's devoted his time to the slot and has thrived in that role. Over the last three years, Dennard owns the 12th best slot coverage grade among 42 qualifying cornerbacks and has had two of those three seasons end with a top-30 finish among all cornerbacks in PFF WAR. On targets of 10-plus yards from the slot in that timespan, Dennard has allowed the lowest catch rate in the NFL.

He would be cheaper and younger than Logan and would immediately be able to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back