Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk, if any coach could sell his team on sucking on purpose its the dark lord.

No players ever play to lose on purpose. Tanking does not happen o. The player level—and really not at the coaching level. It happens at the GM level with getting rid of good players.

Anything is possible with Belicheat, here's the article I read

AFC Evaluator 'Worried' Patriots Tanking for Trevor Lawrence in 2021 NFL Draft

Would’ve been easier to just sign Dalton for the league min rather than illegally steal the Bengals’ signs.

But to answer that article. Belichicks ego wont let them tank. They still have one of the best oline in the league and a pretty good defense, with a very underrated running game. I suspect this team will be modeled similarity to the 2000-2001 team. That is, built around the defense, conservative play calling and telling Stidham just don't f it up. I think between BB and the defense they should be good enough to go 9-7 and challenge for a playoff spot. Whether they can go beyond that will depend on how good "Stid" can be.

Would’ve been easier to just sign Dalton for the league min rather than illegally steal the Bengals’ signs.

But to answer that article. Belichicks ego wont let them tank. They still have one of the best oline in the league and a pretty good defense, with a very underrated running game. I suspect this team will be modeled similarity to the 2000-2001 team. That is, built around the defense, conservative play calling and telling Stidham just don't f it up. I think between BB and the defense they should be good enough to go 9-7 and challenge for a playoff spot. Whether they can go beyond that will depend on how good "Stid" can be.

Not a chance that team goes 9-7. Not a chance.

Not a chance that team goes 9-7. Not a chance.
Their schedule isn't easy, Bills and Dolphins always play them tough

2020 Season
HOME

• San Francisco 49ers
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Denver Broncos
  • Miami Dolphins
  • New York Jets
  • Las Vegas Raiders
  • Baltimore Ravens
AWAY

• Buffalo Bills
  • LA Chargers
  • Kansas City Chiefs
  • Miami Dolphins
  • New York Jets
  • LA Rams
  • Seattle Seahawks
  • Houston Texans

Their schedule isn't easy, Bills and Dolphins always play them tough

2020 Season
HOME

• San Francisco 49ers
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Denver Broncos
  • Miami Dolphins
  • New York Jets
  • Las Vegas Raiders
  • Baltimore Ravens
AWAY

• Buffalo Bills
  • LA Chargers
  • Kansas City Chiefs
  • Miami Dolphins
  • New York Jets
  • LA Rams
  • Seattle Seahawks
  • Houston Texans
I see 5 wins on that schedule for the Patriots. They're tanking for trevor. Book it.

Fields folded vs Clemson when Dobbins went out. Not saying he can't be good, but he needs to improve his passing game before he's on par with Lawrence.
Fields was hurt though I believe it was his knee or ankle I can’t remember which one but he definitely couldn’t run around like he normally would.

Fields folded vs Clemson when Dobbins went out. Not saying he can't be good, but he needs to improve his passing game before he's on par with Lawrence.
I must admit I don't watch alot of college ball, just reading some articles saying Fields could push Lawrence for the top spot before 2021 draft.

If we don't get Clowney, definitely would want to spend that open cap space on improving some other spots, and Warford would be pretty high up the list of upgrades.
Agree I think Guard is in need of an upgrade but New Orleans is apparently concerned with his conditioning and drop off in production?

If we don't get Clowney, definitely would want to spend that open cap space on improving some other spots, and Warford would be pretty high up the list of upgrades.
I think the problem is balance. Spending big money on him (at least fairly large) is wasted if he’s a backup. If he starts, that means either Saffold (also big money spent) or Davis is benched.
I think I’d rather give Davis the full opportunity to start and continue improving.
If he can be signed for a contract that basically points out he’s a depth guy, then I’m all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back