Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowboys just cut Cooper Rush after signing Andy Dalton. Rush has been Daks backup the past 3 seasons. He is 26 years old. His Sophmore-Senior years at Central Michigan he averaged 3500 passing yards, 25TDs, 13INTs, 63% completions.
Could be someone to take a look at.

Cowboys just cut Cooper Rush after signing Andy Dalton. Rush has been Daks backup the past 3 seasons. He is 26 years old. His Sophmore-Senior years at Central Michigan he averaged 3500 passing yards, 25TDs, 13INTs, 63% completions.
Isn’t Mccarron still out there?

I think the problem is balance. Spending big money on him (at least fairly large) is wasted if he’s a backup. If he starts, that means either Saffold (also big money spent) or Davis is benched.
I think I’d rather give Davis the full opportunity to start and continue improving.
If he can be signed for a contract that basically points out he’s a depth guy, then I’m all for it.
Bring him in for 1 year, at OK money. Don't have anything tied up in him long term, let Davis continue to learn/grow as a backup, while also capitalizing on our window to win.

2020 is as good of a situation for the Titans to make another deep playoff/SB run as we've ever had, and completely solidifying our OL wouldn't be a bad consolation to missing out on Clowney (if we can't sign him).

Where did you get your stats from....the kid threw 40 INTs in his soph-senior years

For his career he had 90 TDs and 55INT with a 62% completion %

Woodside actually had 93 TDs and 25 INTs with a 65% completion %

Woodside has at least been in the system...so I'd stick with him unless we decided to go with a near vet minimum vet like Bortles

Where did you get your stats from....the kid threw 40 INTs in his soph-senior years

For his career he had 90 TDs and 55INT with a 62% completion %

Woodside actually had 93 TDs and 25 INTs with a 65% completion %

Woodside has at least been in the system...so I'd stick with him unless we decided to go with a near vet minimum vet like Bortles
Average means you add up all the numbers and divide by the number of years. 40INTs over 3 seasons is an average of 13.3INTs per season, like I said.

Nope....it was a reading comprehension issue...

Avg 13.3 INTs a year still doesn’t sound great to me
Yea, who knows. That isn't great. Maybe Woodside can be the real deal. I just threw Rush out bc there aren't many viable options at this point and the Cowboys have trusted them as their backup the past 3 years.

Top Free Agent QBs still available:
Cam Newton, Brandon Allen, Blake Bortles, Trevor Siemian, Matt Moore, Geno Smith, Joe Flacco, Drew Stanton, Mike Glennon, Cody Kessler

Top Free Agent QBs still available:
Cam Newton, Brandon Allen, Blake Bortles, Trevor Siemian, Matt Moore, Geno Smith, Joe Flacco, Drew Stanton, Mike Glennon, Cody Kessler
Matt Moore played alright as backup.
Glennon had that one decent season in relief, got a huge payday and disappeared.
Kessler beat the titans or got close. Can’t remember the order of those couple bad years vs the bad browns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back