Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

What’s the avg T arm length?
Just curious if the non-selected all have Trex arms.
According to Steven Stanley, a paleontologist at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, T. rex arms were used to slash prey in close proximity to the dinosaur. The arms, which were approximately three feet long, featured crescent-shaped talons that could be used to inflict mortal wounds to prey. And the short arm length was actually more beneficial for slashing, considering the size of T. rex’s head.

So we're gonna a pick a guy with long arms in the 1st. What position does he play? Doesn't matter, he has long arms so we're purring him at LT...

According to Steven Stanley, a paleontologist at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, T. rex arms were used to slash prey in close proximity to the dinosaur. The arms, which were approximately three feet long, featured crescent-shaped talons that could be used to inflict mortal wounds to prey. And the short arm length was actually more beneficial for slashing, considering the size of T. rex’s head.
So what you’re saying is that our scouting team sucks. They keep drafting these guys without talons at the ends of their arms. Guarantee Levis would have more time to throw.

Looks like the proBowl list avg was 34”
I was hoping to see a direct correlation or lack of pro bowlers and a certain arm length.

I guess if the avg for PB is 34” and the league wide avg is 30-34” I think that points to Ski’s arm length being a legit issue at T.

I was hoping to see a direct correlation or lack of pro bowlers and a certain arm length.

I guess if the avg for PB is 34” and the league wide avg is 30-34” I think that points to Ski’s arm length being a legit issue at T.

Yep, his odds of being an all pro LT are maybe slim. But what are the odds he actually would have played better than the guys we kept running out there? Doesn't really matter now. Seasons over. Once again we go into the offseason with clear issues at certain positions. Let's see if they actually do anything about them this year.

Offensive Lineman Arm Length
C Alex Mack 33.0
C Travis Frederick 33.0
C Jason Kelce 32.5
C Rodney Hudson 32.5
C Ryan Jensen 32.5
C Maurkice Pouncey 32.5
C Joe Berger 32.1
C Ryan Kalil 31.5
G Kelechi Osemele 35.9
G Mike Iupati 34.8
G Joel Bitonio 33.9
G Quenton Nelson 33.8
G Andrew Norwell 33.7
G Rodger Saffold 33.7
G Brandon Brooks 33.4
G Brandon Scherff 33.4
G Zack Martin 32.9
G Kevin Zeitler 32.8
G Marshal Yanda 32.5
G David DeCastro 32.4
G Richie Incognito 32.4
G Joe Thuney 32.3
G T.J. Lang 32.0
G Josh Sitton 32.0
T Alejandro Villanueva 37.8
T Tyron Smith 36.4
T Ronnie Stanley 35.6
T Lane Johnson 35.3
T Andrew Whitworth 35.0
T Jack Conklin 35.0
T Laremy Tunsil 34.3
T Duane Brown 34.3
T Trent Williams 34.3
T David Bakhtiari 34.1
T Terron Armstead 34.0
T Marcus Cannon 34.0
T Garett Bolles 34.0
T Taylor Lewan 33.9
T Ryan Ramczyk 33.8
T Joe Thomas 33.8
T Mitchell Schwartz 33.5
T Joe Staley 33.5
T Donald Penn 33.0

We are the Titans. And using 1st round picks on guards is what we do. It's not a 1st round guard pick if you move him to tackle...

As I have stated before this is BS. The Titans before last draft had selected 1 Guard on the 1st round. ONE Now 2. He’ll, they’ve only taken 5 O linemen in the 1st round.

Guard in the 1st round isn’t what the Titans do.

Latest posts

Back