Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Ok.. so drafted to play OL not necessarily be a franchise LT.

Gotcha

LT was a need all those years except maybe '20. If they were intentionally drafting college LTs not to play LT, that is unbelievably incompetent. They should have accidentally stumbled on one by now.

LT was a need all those years except maybe '20. If they were intentionally drafting college LTs not to play LT, that is unbelievably incompetent. They should have accidentally stumbled on one by now.

College LTs get drafted every year and don’t ever play LT. Lots of them. Just because you can play LT in college doesn’t mean you will be Good at it.

College LTs get drafted every year and don’t ever play LT. Lots of them. Just because you can play LT in college doesn’t mean you will be Good at it.
Do they make better G and C than actual G and C?

if the titans have zero intention of playing guys at T as they played in college, are they expected to be better playing G than guys that just played G?

now some of those names have actually been placed at the rotating door of RT or LT. That’s where JRob and Vrabel screwed the pooch.

Granted. But we needed a LT. So why draft guys that couldn't fill that role? Either that's what they did. Or every guy they drafted is someone they thought could fill the role and they completely missed the evaluation. Bad either way.

Granted. But we needed a LT. So why draft guys that couldn't fill that role? Either that's what they did. Or every guy they drafted is someone they thought do fill the role and they completely missed the evaluation. Bad either way.

Best available I guess I think in hindsight JRob missed a lot. We will see going forward if Ran is better. Skoranski has had a very goo year for a rookie.

Isiah Martin was a horrible bust. Part of what got JRob fired.

The other guys are starters or depth.

Are you really asking me what a franchise LT is ? Or is that sarcasm?
No one ever defines “franchises anything.
We all have different definitions of what that is. It’s why I never use the term.

And which of those guys are starters?
They’re all depth, and most just expendable.
Edit: except Ski so far.

Not if they have no idea how to develop college players into NFL players. This makes it appear LESS accidental.

Best available I guess I think in hindsight JRob missed a lot. We will see going forward if Ran is better. Skoranski has had a very goo year for a rookie.

Maybe, I hope so. There is one other possibility that seems taboo to discuss. There is at least some possibility that at least one of those guys should have developed into a good LT by now, but the coaching staff has failed to make that happen. Hard to know if the blame rests solely on JRob.

Latest posts

Back