Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Granted. But we needed a LT. So why draft guys that couldn't fill that role? Either that's what they did. Or every guy they drafted is someone they thought could fill the role and they completely missed the evaluation. Bad either way.

Did we? We had Lewan for most of those years... well, at least going INTO most of those years.

Maybe, I hope so. There is one other possibility that seems taboo to discuss. There is at least some possibility that at least one of those guys should have developed into a good LT by now, but the coaching staff has failed to make that happen. Hard to know if the blame rests solely on JRob.

If they were good they wouldn’t be getting drummed on a constant basis. I’m not excusing the coaching staff, but you don’t come to the NFL to learn how to play football.

Maybe, I hope so. There is one other possibility that seems taboo to discuss. There is at least some possibility that at least one of those guys should have developed into a good LT by now, but the coaching staff has failed to make that happen. Hard to know if the blame rests solely on JRob.

Bang Biscuit. Nailed it.

Did we? We had Lewan for most of those years... well, at least going INTO most of those years.

Lewan was suspended to start 2019. He played 5 games in 2020 then went out for the year with an ACL. So yes, I think we knew we needed an LT in '21, '22, and '23. Maybe not going into '20. But we have had plenty of time to address the position.

Man, if our entire offensive line didn’t suck so bad, y’all would be all over Ski. Rookie olinemen are usually pretty bad, and he’s no exception.

Man, if our entire offensive line didn’t suck so bad, y’all would be all over Ski. Rookie olinemen are usually pretty bad, and he’s no exception.
I think I saw him rated pretty high among rookies and I really only recall 2 notably bad games.
I’m also willing to give him a second year being that it’s a jail break all across the line regularly, so almost any 1 individual good OLman can get exposed by the crap around him.

No one ever defines “franchises anything.
We all have different definitions of what that is. It’s why I never use the term.

And which of those guys are starters?
They’re all depth, and most just expendable.
Edit: except Ski so far.
stronski only looks good cause dillard just yells 'ole!' and brewer is airborne every play

Boring and still subjective.

best player on the team. So basically there is no such thing as a franchise LT because no team ever builds around their LT. both of your posted definitions state that exact definition.

Edit: Im gonna hold you to this definition in the future too.
NFC Executive reserves the right to use the term 'franchise player' in any damn way NFC Executive pleases

Something else to talk about is free agency were no LTs are avaliable and the ones that are there who are average will get super overpaid (Dillard is a good example)just because teams are desperate.

Drafting a mid level OL in the first round spells disaster with this coaching Staff who most likely move whoever it is to RG.

That's why the higher the pick the better.We need someone who is above average which will force the coaches to play him at LT.

Boring and still subjective.

best player on the team. So basically there is no such thing as a franchise LT because no team ever builds around their LT. both of your posted definitions state that exact definition.

Edit: Im gonna hold you to this definition in the future too.

It’s not subjective or boring. I even post OTHER PEOPLES use or definition of the term.

The term is used all the time to define a player who occupies a position for years to come.

Lewan was a franchise LT
Henry was a franchise RB
Etc etc.

Some of you are just impossible to communicate with. I would be shocked if you can maintain a relationship. It’s the same freaking 4 or 5 posters.

You just have the insatiable need to be right. Ok…. You win. There is no such thing as a Franchise anything. ( even though the fucking NFL even has a FRANCHISE TAG)

Who doesn’t have the tools to be a LT in the NFL. Per the scouts. Read a little dude. It’s not hard once you learn.

So a team with one of the league's worst lines, knowing that they desperately needed a left tackle, used a.top pick on a guy that they knew couldn't play left tackle. Thus failing to address the position for multiple years resulting in the weekly sh** show we are currently watching. Got it.

Who doesn’t have the tools to be a LT in the NFL. Per the scouts. Read a little dude. It’s not hard once you learn.

Because they think short arms can't be good LTs, despite numerous short armed LTs having long successful careers, including Slater, who Skoronski took over for at Northwestern.

It's almost like the Titans made a sweeping judgement on him and didn't give him a chance to prove he could handle the position before moving him to a brand new position.

Latest posts

Back