Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

just gotta laugh at this point

highly respected HC cant spot OL talent for sh1t

dillard, brunskill hubbard & brewer as well as stronski & duncan ARE vrable/RC products

only stronski is probably worthy of being in NFL. This is 100% on vrable/RC

Sooooo... we took a guy with quick feet and great technique who works better in space, and moved him to a position where he couldn't do any of that. Meanwhile the guys playing the position that needs those skills have been terrible.

Seriously, WTF is going on in that building? Vrabel didn't like the pick so he's sabotaging him to prove a point? Our scouts just don't know how to evaluate O Line and our GM is too stupid to know? It's hard to come up with a story that makes sense where these guys are the heroes.

I feel bad for the guys on the o-line. They get paid based on their performance and I'm beginning to move from "the coaching let them down", to "the coaches actively set them up to fail."

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooo... we took a guy with quick feet and great technique who works better in space, and moved him to a position where he couldn't do any of that. Meanwhile the guys playing the position that needs thise skills have been terrible.

Seriously, WTF is going on in that building? Vrabel didn't like the pick so he's sabotaging him to prove a point? Our scouts just don't know how to evaluate O Line and our GM is too stupid to know? It's hard to come up with a story that makes sense where these guys are the heroes.

I feel bad for the guys on the o-line. They get paid based on their performance and I'm beginning to move from "the coaching let them down", to "the coaches actively set them up to fail."
Goat high respectable coaching but let's keep running it back. It's starts with Vrabel, are fans so scared to let him go just because he made it to the AFCC one time? He did it on the the back of Henry and had a better OC in Smith. Vrabel needs good players at every position but can't draft them himself because he can't evaluate talent. At this point can he coach up any position other than LB? His staff obviously can't coach any player to rip a wet paper bag let alone to play at the NFL level.

Goat high respectable coaching but let's keep running it back. It's starts with Vrabel, are fans so scared to let him go just because he made it to the AFCC one time? He did it on the the back of Henry and had a better OC in Smith. Vrabel needs good players at every position but can't draft them himself because he can't evaluate talent. At this point can he coach up any position other than LB? His staff obviously can't coach any player to rip a wet paper bag let alone to play at the NFL level.

Drafting players isn’t his job. It’s not his job to scout or evaluate. They have people for that. They got fired. All NFL HCs need good players to win. It’s up to the players to take thier job seriously and prepare. If they don’t coaches
Can’t “coach them up” This is professional football, not college or high school. This insane idea about 5 of you have that NFL coaches “ coach up “ bad players is stupid and shows you have no idea how it works at this level. As I said. It’s up to the professional player to learn his job and get better. Film, play book etc etc Sure coaches help. But they don’t teach at this level.

So Vrabel only won because of Henry and Art Smith ? Who started Henry ? Henry couldn’t get barely 10 touches a game before Vrabel. Who Hired Art Smith? If Vrabel gets the blame for being all at fault then he gets the credit also….. right?

I’m not scared of losing Vrabel. But he is a good HC. Despite what you think. If we can trade him and get value then BYE. But what I am afraid of is who then?

You don’t just fire your HC when you are rebuilding. We ARE rebuilding. Losing typically accompanies rebuilding. Everyone should have known this day was coming when we signed THill, ran our offense through a RB, bad drafts, 1st round busts, salary cap hell, fired GM and didn’t have a young franchise QB.

I’m a Titan fan. I don’t care about Vrabel the man. Or Henry or Any one player. They are all means to an end. The end is winning. I think Henry is holding this team back now. We need a modern NFL offense and defense. We need to throw throw and then throw some more. We need speed. We need more motion Expecting Henry to break on every carry is silly. I don’t really care who coaches the team. But if you think it can’t be worse ask Charger fans, Texan fans, Browns, Panthers, hell, even Colts and on and on.

Who would you replace Vrabel with if you were able to ?

Drafting players isn’t his job. It’s not his job to scout or evaluate. They have people for that. They got fired. All NFL HCs need good players to win. It’s up to the players to take thier job seriously and prepare. If they don’t coaches
Can’t “coach them up” This is professional football, not college or high school. This insane idea about 5 of you have that NFL coaches “ coach up “ bad players is stupid and shows you have no idea how it works at this level. As I said. It’s up to the professional player to learn his job and get better. Film, play book etc etc Sure coaches help. But they don’t teach at this level.

So Vrabel only won because of Henry and Art Smith ? Who started Henry ? Henry couldn’t get barely 10 touches a game before Vrabel. Who Hired Art Smith? If Vrabel gets the blame for being all at fault then he gets the credit also….. right?

I’m not scared of losing Vrabel. But he is a good HC. Despite what you think. If we can trade him and get value then BYE. But what I am afraid of is who then?

You don’t just fire your HC when you are rebuilding. We ARE rebuilding. Losing typically accompanies rebuilding. Everyone should have known this day was coming when we signed THill, ran our offense through a RB, bad drafts, 1st round busts, salary cap hell, fired GM and didn’t have a young franchise QB.

I’m a Titan fan. I don’t care about Vrabel the man. Or Henry or Any one player. They are all means to an end. The end is winning. I think Henry is holding this team back now. We need a modern NFL offense and defense. We need to throw throw and then throw some more. We need speed. We need more motion Expecting Henry to break on every carry is silly. I don’t really care who coaches the team. But if you think it can’t be worse ask Charger fans, Texan fans, Browns, Panthers, hell, even Colts and on and on.

Who would you replace Vrabel with if you were able to ?

Jim Harbaugh. Bobby Slowik. Ben Johnson. Short list.

No no. We are talking about HCs. Evidently the HC does everything. Based on a few around this joint Vrabel is doing every job on the team.
I'd be satisfied if Vrabel could find his own ass with both hands, but that's not happening. He either can't evaluate position coaches, or he won't allow them to do their jobs.

I don't care which it is, his act has worn thin.
It's time for the next man up, Vrabel can set up his tent somewhere else.

I'd be satisfied if Vrabel could find his own ass with both hands, but that's not happening. He either can't evaluate position coaches, or he won't allow them to do their jobs.

I don't care which it is, his act has worn thin.
It's time for the next man up, Vrabel can set up his tent somewhere else.
Pretty much about totally pretty real sure agree. Be nice to see that blue tent set up somewhere else me thinks. Hopefully with some picks coming our way.

No no. We are talking about HCs. Evidently the HC does everything. Based on a few around this joint Vrabel is doing every job on the team.
Just answer the question. Most of us are knocking Vrabel for his poor coaching hires and his unwillingness to replace underperforming coaches.

Just answer the question. Most of us are knocking Vrabel for his poor coaching hires and his unwillingness to replace underperforming coaches.

I’ll say again.. NFL coaches do very little of any “ teaching “ or what some refer to as “coaching up “. They don’t teach technique or skill. You either have it or you don’t. The scouts and personnel guys have allegedly already decided that. NFL coaching staffs install the playbook. They game plan and run the scheme. They don’t have time for on the job training. Not that some doesn’t happen, but not to the degree some of you think. They just don’t have the time.

Now… if you want to argue about Vrabel and his staff scheme? Totally valid argument.

NFL coaches are NOT teachers. They aren’t hired to teach. They aren’t offensive or defensive gurus. They hope they get talented players who watch film and learn their positions. They hope they buy into the system and excel in it. But of they don’t they can’t do much but just cut them.

This is the whole ever loving point. If you don’t draft good players you will suck.

There is your answer.

Latest posts

Back