Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

No… it won’t if we don’t have talent.
Like I have said before, with you, it really won't matter. We could fire Vrabel and hire Kim Kardashian as HC and you would be here telling us how great Kim was and how she is a highly respected HC now and everything was great. Just saying, it matters more to us than you. We would be happy with a new HC because we are pretty much over Vrabel. You love Vrabel, but that love would immediately transfer to the new HC then we all would be happy.

Like I have said before, with you, it really won't matter. We could fire Vrabel and hire Kim Kardashian as HC and you would be here telling us how great Kim was and how she is a highly respected HC now and everything was great. Just saying, it matters more to us than you. We would be happy with a new HC because we are pretty much over Vrabel. You love Vrabel, but that love would immediately transfer to the new HC then we all would be happy.

Yea you’re right.

TitanMark never player football above the high school level.

Of coarse coaches teach. It’s implied in the name. Do you think the offensive coordinator just hands a playbook to a player and says “learn it” and that’s it? There is theory involved. Players need to understand “why” they are doing what a coach wants them to do. That is teaching.
and then they go practice and then practice is stopped so that the players can be corrected - happens on the routine

If coaches don't coach up players why are they called coachs? Or why is it a coaching staff?

someone has to slice the oranges
lWUZvES.gif

Yes.. Telling them where they supposed to be or where they ****ed up.

That’s NOT the same thing as “ coaching up”.
What?!? Telling a player what they’re supposed and not supposed to do is the definition of coaching.

And here is a nice video of a Chargers DB coach explaining how they’re “not” coaching players. But I guess the Chargers must be the only NFL team to do it then…

I’ll say again.. NFL coaches do very little of any “ teaching “ or what some refer to as “coaching up “. They don’t teach technique or skill. You either have it or you don’t. The scouts and personnel guys have allegedly already decided that. NFL coaching staffs install the playbook. They game plan and run the scheme. They don’t have time for on the job training. Not that some doesn’t happen, but not to the degree some of you think. They just don’t have the time.

Now… if you want to argue about Vrabel and his staff scheme? Totally valid argument.

NFL coaches are NOT teachers. They aren’t hired to teach. They aren’t offensive or defensive gurus. They hope they get talented players who watch film and learn their positions. They hope they buy into the system and excel in it. But of they don’t they can’t do much but just cut them.

This is the whole ever loving point. If you don’t draft good players you will suck.

There is your answer.
I can usually find a way to understand your arguments for the most part. This is just silliness and defiance. How many videos should be posted of technique, footwork, etc will be necessary?

Endless the amount of times I have heard of a QB prospect being said his footwork needs to be worked on. How many times has a college prospect been mentioned that questions the fact he hasn’t run a pro system in college and it will be the biggest challenge? “He has the skillset… etc, but can he learn?” Who teaches it? I always thought it was coaching… I must be lost or something.

Latest posts

Back