Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Radunz looked solid at RT down the stretch. Brunskill, NPF or even Dillard could play RG. What we need is a big time C and LT. Everything else can be sorted with what we have.

the reason is because... who cares about what we put out there? moving him to LT wasnt fixing the issue it was just creating a hole in a different place (LG).

would he have been a little better? almost certainly. but his development was more important than a slight upgrade. moving him to LT temporarily wouldn't have suddenly fixed our OL problems and would have just taken away valuable reps from him at his real position.

For one, we don't know if he would have been a slight upgrade or a significant upgrade. Maybe he would have showed he was a capable starter and LT is fixed? Who knows?

Either way, the safety of our potential franchise QB is more important than the development of a LG. And our LT rotation allowed the most pressures in the league if I am not mistaken. So if Skonk could have changed that, he should have been given a shot.

The only bright spot on our OL was Skoronski. Therefore by saying sign the best RT and C will set us for several years is a pipe dream.

As we saw last year in our signings of LT and RT, we had one of the worst OL known to man.

I just don't think you can draft a LT, sign a C and RT and have a very average RG and say we're set for several years. Still have a long ways to go, as far as gelling or even signing/drafting the right players.
Obviously I was making a big assumption that we actually hit on those FA/draft signings….but if we do then I think you can survive with an avg RG.

For one, we don't know if he would have been a slight upgrade or a significant upgrade. Maybe he would have showed he was a capable starter and LT is fixed? Who knows?

Either way, the safety of our potential franchise QB is more important than the development of a LG. And our LT rotation allowed the most pressures in the league if I am not mistaken. So if Skonk could have changed that, he should have been given a shot.
our qb is so much more important that we literally took the LG over the qb in the draft

he isnt a LT, as every coach and scout has said since day 1. it would have been a complete waste. I'm glad he got the reps at the position he will actually be playing rather than throw it away on some reps at a position that all the football people agree he isnt suited for.

Last edited by a moderator:
the reason is because... who cares about what we put out there? moving him to LT wasnt fixing the issue it was just creating a hole in a different place (LG).

would he have been a little better? almost certainly. but his development was more important than a slight upgrade. moving him to LT temporarily wouldn't have suddenly fixed our OL problems and would have just taken away valuable reps from him at his real position.

They'd rather have a decent LT than a star guard because the thought of taking a guard in the first gives them the vapors

View attachment 21599

No. That's what a swing tackle like Dennis Kelly is for. Y'all seriously need to give up this Skor needs to take snaps at LT charade. The old coaching staff viewed him as a G and guess what? The new coaching staff feels that he's best suited to play G. He doesn't need snaps at LT for any reason. I mean damn, this is getting hilarious.
Yeah but what do the Callahan's know over message board fans

our qb is so much more important that we literally took the LG over the qb in the draft

he isnt a LT, as every coach and scout has said since day 1. it would have been a complete waste. I'm glad he got the reps at the position he will actually be playing rather than throw it away on some reps at a position that all the football people agree he isnt suited for.

What does it matter what position Levis was drafted? As the 1st selection in the 2nd round pick (and we traded up to get him) he is quite clearly being counted on to be the franchise QB going forward. I'd say protecting him is a pretty high priority.

Peter was an excellent LT in college. He is virtually the same size as Rashawn Slater, the guy he took over for at Northwestern. It's completely understandable if teams view him a G. Keeping him there going forward is fine as well. But it's inexcusable to pull a guy off the practice squad to start at LT for 3 EFFING GAMES when you have an All American LT literally sitting on your roster capable of sliding over and likely providing significantly better protection.

I’ll only argue that the coach staff may have seen a hole either way. Defenses exposed the OL on almost every pass play.
I certainly don’t know this but maybe there is a case that the hole on the interior (plus Brewer) allowed for an even faster pass rush than a hole on the end (plus Brewer).

That we took a guard with a high pick is only part of my frustration. The fact the we failed to address a known problem at LT that has been known to be coming for years while picking a guard is just a horrible indictment of the team. I was just in denial that we actually did that. Surely he's a LT, right? Nope.

With all the struggles at WR last year, I can’t believe they didn’t try Spears as WR1! Who cares if he isn’t a WR, we need a dominant WR and he’s fast!

(This was sarcasm, for those who need the sign)

That we took a guard with a high pick is only part of my frustration. The fact the we failed to address a known problem at LT that has been known to be coming for years while picking a guard is just a horrible indictment of the team. I was just in denial that we actually did that. Surely he's a LT, right? Nope.
Who would you have drafted at 11 instead?
Broderick Jones
Anton Harrison

Both playing RT for the teams that drafted them.

A WR?

With all the struggles at WR last year, I can’t believe they didn’t try Spears as WR1! Who cares if he isn’t a WR, we need a dominant WR and he’s fast!

(This was sarcasm, for those who need the sign)
In fairness to Spears, he made at least 1 great catch.
And he did outproduce highly coveted first round WR, Burks.

It was a reach for a G......but he began to show immense improvement his first year playing the position with a terrible position coach. With a good OL coach Skoronoski is going to make a major leap in the next year or two to an elite interior lineman. They did address LT, but the solution turned out to be worse than Daley and is Ran's biggest blunder to date.

Who would you have drafted at 11 instead?
Broderick Jones
Anton Harrison

Both playing RT for the teams that drafted them.

A WR?

I don't know. Hard to remember what was available in FA and draft the last two years. Has there really been that bad of a shortage of Left Tackles for years? Nobody can play that position?

It was a reach for a G......but he began to show immense improvement his first year playing the position with a terrible position coach. With a good OL coach Skoronoski is going to make a major leap in the next year or two to an elite interior lineman. They did address LT, but the solution turned out to be worse than Daley and is Ran's biggest blunder to date.
I give Ran a pass on that scrub because of the cap limitations and holes he plays inherited.

Latest posts

Back