Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Not saying it hasn't because I'm sure it has..my point is I'd like to see what the OL coach has to say... especially one with Callahan's experience
He said man I love to coach with my son, but I didn’t know it would come with the greatest challenge of my career attached to it.

Yet every time I log into the Titans subreddit there will continue to be posts on a daily basis about how Skoronski should be moved to LT.
After the extensive assistant coach search from Callahan and Ran, I don’t believe they agreed on much talent in the Reddit dept.

maybe I’m mistaken and those guys actually do know best, but for me, I’ve already chocked up Ski as a 1st round G.
And that’s fine by me. Best OL talent in the 23’ draft and the first building block of value to helping fix the s**thole slums known as the titans OL.

After the extensive assistant coach search from Callahan and Ran, I don’t believe they agreed on much talent in the Reddit dept.

maybe I’m mistaken and those guys actually do know best, but for me, I’ve already chocked up Ski as a 1st round G.
And that’s fine by me. Best OL talent in the 23’ draft and the first building block of value to helping fix the s**thole slums known as the titans OL.
I guess as long as they have 1 good player at any position on the OL it's a plus. Now to fill all the other spots.

another nail in the coffin for the skoronski-is-a-tackle crew

I get that he's best suited for G. My entire argument for Skronk at LT had to do with our absolutely putrid performance at LT last year. We seemingly tried everyone at LT except our 1st rounder who was an AA LT in college and played the position exclusively for 3 years. Like, when you're that bad off, how don't you even try him there, even if you don't envision him there long term? Would he really have been worse that what we ran out there?

RT Jonah Williams has been linked to us because of Callahan obviously. I'm not sure he's any better than what we had but maybe a fresh start under Bill might help??

PFN predicts Tennessee Titans sign OT Jonah Williams in free agency

I don't necessarily have an issue with Jonah Williams providing he doesn't cost a lot and it's understood that he is a RT, and not a LT (he was pretty pissed about moving to RT).

Pro Football Focus has him landing a 60 million dollar contract with 40 million guaranteed. I'm sorry, but that would be insane given that he has never been a good tackle, either at LT or RT.

I would rather run Hubbard out there at RT again, than sign this fool for 60 million. If we could get him for the same deal we signed Dillard to last year, I wouldn't be super upset with that. Again, given that he would be our RT and not our LT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m fine with Skronski at G, but at least give him some snaps at LT if you need him in an emergency.

sign the best center and RT you can in FA and draft your LT… line should be set for several yrs…

I’m fine with Skronski at G, but at least give him some snaps at LT if you need him in an emergency.

sign the best center and RT you can in FA and draft your LT… line should be set for several yrs…

The only bright spot on our OL was Skoronski. Therefore by saying sign the best RT and C will set us for several years is a pipe dream.

As we saw last year in our signings of LT and RT, we had one of the worst OL known to man.

I just don't think you can draft a LT, sign a C and RT and have a very average RG and say we're set for several years. Still have a long ways to go, as far as gelling or even signing/drafting the right players.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only bright spot on our OL was Skoronski. Therefore by saying sign the best RT and C will set us for several years is a pipe dream.

As we saw last year in our signings of LT and RT, we had one of the worst OL known to man.

I just don't think you can draft a LT, sign a C and RT and have a very average RG and say we're set for several years. Still have a long ways to go.
I feel like Hubbard was doing well at RT until he got knocked out.

No. That's what a swing tackle like Dennis Kelly is for. Y'all seriously need to give up this Skor needs to take snaps at LT charade. The old coaching staff viewed him as a G and guess what? The new coaching staff feels that he's best suited to play G. He doesn't need snaps at LT for any reason. I mean damn, this is getting hilarious.

I get that he's best suited for G. My entire argument for Skronk at LT had to do with our absolutely putrid performance at LT last year. We seemingly tried everyone at LT except our 1st rounder who was an AA LT in college and played the position exclusively for 3 years. Like, when you're that bad off, how don't you even try him there, even if you don't envision him there long term? Would he really have been worse that what we ran out there?
the reason is because... who cares about what we put out there? moving him to LT wasnt fixing the issue it was just creating a hole in a different place (LG).

would he have been a little better? almost certainly. but his development was more important than a slight upgrade. moving him to LT temporarily wouldn't have suddenly fixed our OL problems and would have just taken away valuable reps from him at his real position.

the reason is because... who cares about what we put out there? moving him to LT wasnt fixing the issue it was just creating a hole in a different place (LG).

would he have been a little better? almost certainly. but his development was more important than a slight upgrade. moving him to LT temporarily wouldn't have suddenly fixed our OL problems and would have just taken away valuable reps from him at his real position.
View attachment 21598

Latest posts

Back