Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

It would be such a Titans thing to do to pass over one of the best LT prospects of the last decade.

At this point, 1 of MHII, Nabers, Alt will be available at 7. If we don't take 1 of them, or trade out of this spot to gain a couple extra mid round picks, I will officially be concerned about the direction of this organization under Ran.
I have been saying since the offseason... Alt at 7, if he isnt available Nabors at 7, if neither is available, trade back to around 11, try to pick up Bowers and with the additional capital go after LT and WR

If they thought Peat/Alt was the best combo for the season they would have no issue drafting Alt.

They wouldn't pass on a 10 year solution at LT because he has to play RT for a year.
I’m not saying they would have a problem playing Alt at RT for a year, I’m saying Peat isn’t good enough to beat out Alt at LT. If they do sign Peat with the intention of playing him at LT, I’m betting they trade back to get more picks to fill holes. Our defense has been seriously thinned out.

images

Make that dude a Titan already!

Honest question, for everyone clamoring for Alt... What info/data are you using to make that conclusion?

I'm buying into his hype but that's 100% based on what I'm reading here and some of the media talking head's stuff. I haven't actually seen any OL play, and even with the games I did watch, I'm not focusing on a lineman and taking notes. I'm a little apprehensive of just accepting who the "experts" tell us are the "best", "pro-ready", "perennial pro bowl" players. They've been wrong a lot and I guess I'm still scarred from being burned by Chance Warmack. How many of these no brainer/ home run OL picks actually pan out that way? Can we really tell the difference between the #1 rated and the #5? I also go back to the fact that two of our greatest and longest tenured tackles of all time, were a 2nd and 4th round pick in the same draft- Michael Roos and David Stewart.

Honest question, for everyone clamoring for Alt... What info/data are you using to make that conclusion?

I'm buying into his hype but that's 100% based on what I'm reading here and some of the media talking head's stuff. I haven't actually seen any OL play, and even with the games I did watch, I'm not focusing on a lineman and taking notes. I'm a little apprehensive of just accepting who the "experts" tell us are the "best", "pro-ready", "perennial pro bowl" players. They've been wrong a lot and I guess I'm still scarred from being burned by Chance Warmack. How many of these no brainer/ home run OL picks actually pan out that way? Can we really tell the difference between the #1 rated and the #5? I also go back to the fact that two of our greatest and longest tenured tackles of all time, were a 2nd and 4th round pick in the same draft- Michael Roos and David Stewart.
I think OL in general are rarely given the rating of “pro ready” or “perennial pro bowler”

like some have posted, the scouts across the board are high on the guy, using other metrics, he ranks among the best OT all time since the metrics started.
And OL taken top 5 historically have panned out.
The only reason I think he’s dropping to 7 is the current overhyping of QBs across the board.

Yeah the experts are a joke as we always point out, but you are right, other than the "experts" who really spends time watching a LT? You can only go by his stats and the expert opinions. Same as Skronk last season. Going by all of that, Alt is the best LT in the draft. If Callahan approves, then who are we to say otherwise?

RAS scores haven't been around very long, and historically they can lack a lot of information that can affect a prospects score, positively or negatively. But just for reference, Chance Warmack scored a 2.14 out of a possible 10. That just goes to show you how poorly the Titans evaluated prospects back then

with MUNCHAK as ol coach

What if Callahan can make the current Oline roster actually competitive?

You still need your LT. I don't want to keep jumping from mid tier free agent LT to mid tier free agent LT.

I know drafting a LT with the 7th pick isn't sexy, but it sure as hell is needed.

I also don’t see how drafting Alt as what appears to be an outstanding LT for the future as any different or less valuable than a potential outstanding WR for the future.

you have an opportunity to take a future star in a difficult position. I think Alt is very much considered to be BPA at #7, not just team need.

Greg Cosell, who is one of the only analysts I trust, said he “doesn’t love Alt’s tape.” He gave his reasons from watching film. I don’t have time to search for a link, but it’s out there.

I think OL in general are rarely given the rating of “pro ready” or “perennial pro bowler”

like some have posted, the scouts across the board are high on the guy, using other metrics, he ranks among the best OT all time since the metrics started.
And OL taken top 5 historically have panned out.
The only reason I think he’s dropping to 7 is the current overhyping of QBs across the board.
That's not how I recall things. Feel like every year they have one or two can't-miss linemen. The year with Warmack, they were practically ready to give him a green jacket. Was just a matter of time. The other G (Jonthan Cooper?), he was the one everyone said was a higher risk. Warmack was the day one, pro-ready, all-pro caliber lineman.

That's not how I recall things. Feel like every year they have one or two can't-miss linemen. The year with Warmack, they were practically ready to give him a green jacket. Was just a matter of time. The other G (Jonthan Cooper?), he was the one everyone said was a higher risk. Warmack was the day one, pro-ready, all-pro caliber lineman.
I agree they’re not all winners.

this does get into the age old question regarding situation and how much of a role does that play on players.
Warmack, oddly enough almost looks better now after the last couple years of god awful OL play in Tennessee but he came around at a rough franchise time too. could Munchak OL coach as much while also HC? How terrible was Whisenhunt for everything including just locker room atmosphere? Did Warmack get burned out in Nashville by the time they were competitive again like players that “need new scenery”?
If he had been drafted to a place like Pittsburgh, does he actually prove to be more NFL ready/pro bowl caliber?

All that is speculative honestly but it can always apply to all positions.
We talk about how unsexy OL selections are but in general, they’re usually safer picks because even the not good players are often usable for a couple years.
Titans just happened to reach to the extreme rarity in a Panada, then we have to consider the system again over the Vrabel years. Either Titans targeted every bad OL they could or there was something to the coaching staff and lack of development ability.
I’m honestly looking forward to seeing a turnaround for some of the guys most of us have already determined are bums.

Warmack is a Superbowl Champion!!

Latest posts

Back