Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

2023 NFL Draft Prospects: Offensive Tackle – WalterFootball

Skoronski is slated to play left tackle for the Wildcats in 2022, but NFL teams have him as a guard on their preseason watch list. That is easy to understand because he is short and lacks length for tackle as a pro. Skoronski broke into the starting lineup as a freshman and played well over the past few seasons. Skoronski is a tough, polished technician who could be a good NFL guard.

Pro sources said Skoronski looked heavier and stronger in fall camp than he did in 2021, and he showed more strength in 2022. They say adding power has given him the flexibility to also play right tackle in the NFL. They note that like Slater, Skoronski can bend and move. Not all pro teams are sold on Skoronski being as good as Slater, and the debate about Skoronski staying at tackle or moving to guard will probably extend through the 2023 NFL Draft until his franchise decides where to start him out.

I guess it's been decided can y'all stfu and retire this tiresome debate?
I think the point is that your posted “decision” doesn’t explain why that’s the decision.
Once again, strictly points to his size/length as why he’s suitable for G not T.
But as pointed out, guys in the NFL previously have been his size and succeeded as T.

Or, they watch the tape and understand that some guys can’t make the jump to the next level because of lack of athleticism, quickness, or reaction. Those guys tend to fair better in the interior. The arm length thing is purely a combine thing that analysts and talking heads put way too much emphasis on. Just like the 40. Actual NFL scouts and coaches know what they are looking for.

Skronk had an RAS score of 9.31. Pretty similar to Fashanu. 30 reps on bench press ranked him tied for 6th among all offensive lineman that participated last year. This year it would rank him tied for 4th. So strength certainly isn't an issue.

Literally the only knock on Skronk for playing tackle is height and arm length. May be that's warranted. I'm not an NFL evaluator. But similar sized tackles have had successful careers.

How about this? The new positional coach everyone raves about said he's a guard. Case closed. It's tiresome seeing this over and over and over in every Titans community. I feel like Bill Murray in groundhog Day trapped in an endless hell visiting one of these sites and seeing why isn't Skoronski playing left tackle???

How about this? The new positional coach everyone raves about said he's a guard. Case closed. It's tiresome seeing this over and over and over in every Titans community. I feel like Bill Murray in groundhog Day trapped in an endless hell visiting one of these sites and seeing why isn't Skoronski playing left tackle???
I would say it’s BECAUSE of that reasoning that the question continues.

“because I said” is hardly an acceptable answer for kids yet alone adults who question and have logical reasoning to question why did “you say”.
Still the explanation with “because I said” is that he’s too small. Clearly counter examples have been produced for that to be just an accepted answer.

Skronk had an RAS score of 9.31. Pretty similar to Fashanu. 30 reps on bench press ranked him tied for 6th among all offensive lineman that participated last year. This year it would rank him tied for 4th. So strength certainly isn't an issue.

Literally the only knock on Skronk for playing tackle is height and arm length. May be that's warranted. I'm not an NFL evaluator. But similar sized tackles have had successful careers.
you welcome to your opinion of nfl talent

we ALL see willis NOT being able to play QB in nfl... yet there he continues to be - as an example

the Titans should have said G on draft day NOT T... just sayin'

Peat is 30...if we don't go LT this year because we sign him, we'll be looking for a LT again next year.
What's the age when LTs stop being productive?

No way Peat would beat out Alt for LT. More likely we trade down if they think Peat can play for a year at LT.

If they thought Peat/Alt was the best combo for the season they would have no issue drafting Alt.

They wouldn't pass on a 10 year solution at LT because he has to play RT for a year.

You hear it all the time. "This guy was a 4 year starter at LT in college but he's projected to be a G in the NFL". I think scouts/analysis/coaches all get caught up in the measurables. If a guys wingspan is 1/4" short then they can't possibly play the position they've been playing for 4+ years at a higher level. It's pretty crazy.
84218a52-ddf6-4529-9a05-e687bca836b4_text.gif

It would be such a Titans thing to do to pass over one of the best LT prospects of the last decade.

At this point, 1 of MHII, Nabers, Alt will be available at 7. If we don't take 1 of them, or trade out of this spot to gain a couple extra mid round picks, I will officially be concerned about the direction of this organization under Ran.

It would be such a Titans thing to do to pass over one of the best LT prospects of the last decade.

At this point, 1 of MHII, Nabers, Alt will be available at 7. If we don't take 1 of them, or trade out of this spot to gain a couple extra mid round picks, I will officially be concerned about the direction of this organization under Ran.
Alright. Kicker it is.

Latest posts

Back