Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

One of the biggest problems going forward is the lack Free agent Tackles for next year and so many teams that need O-line help.

Draft wise is also an issue there is just not enough offensive lineman to go around and if we end up picking 7 to 11 we would probably Pick the 3rd or 4th best LT in the draft.

Anyways things are not looking good.

One of the biggest problems going forward is the lack Free agent Tackles for next year and so many teams that need O-line help.

Draft wise is also an issue there is just not enough offensive lineman to go around and if we end up picking 7 to 11 we would probably Pick the 3rd or 4th best LT in the draft.

Anyways things are not looking good.
Believe me, 4th in draft better than the two previous ass hats playing the position.

We got Michael Roos in the 2nd and Big Country I think in the 4th. It can be done, but our evaluators have to be replaced as they wouldn’t know a good OL if he bit them in the rear end.

The Philadelphia Eagles were very impressed with tackle Andre Dillard after getting a chance to see him up close and personal at the Senior Bowl. So much so, the Eagles ranked him as one of the 10 best players in the entire 2019 NFL Draft. The Eagles, sitting at No. 25, never thought that they would have a chance to get the player who Howie Roseman called "the best tackle in the draft." The Eagles sent a first-round pick (No. 25 overall), a fourth-round pick (No. 127 overall), and a sixth-round pick (No. 197 overall) to Baltimore to move up three spots to No. 22 to secure Dillard.
"When he started to fall, we just saw an opportunity to get a top 10 player," Roseman said.

At least we didn’t waste three draft picks on this turd.

The Philadelphia Eagles were very impressed with tackle Andre Dillard after getting a chance to see him up close and personal at the Senior Bowl. So much so, the Eagles ranked him as one of the 10 best players in the entire 2019 NFL Draft. The Eagles, sitting at No. 25, never thought that they would have a chance to get the player who Howie Roseman called "the best tackle in the draft." The Eagles sent a first-round pick (No. 25 overall), a fourth-round pick (No. 127 overall), and a sixth-round pick (No. 197 overall) to Baltimore to move up three spots to No. 22 to secure Dillard.
"When he started to fall, we just saw an opportunity to get a top 10 player," Roseman said.

Maybe we can see if he can beat Cool Hand Luke in an egg eating contest to 50.

I am amazed every year at how the people who are full time talent evaluators and experts in their field get so many draft picks so very wrong. I can see missing on one occasionally or taking risks in later rounds that don't work out, but wow. Its almost like they actually do worse than flipping a coin and get paid well.to do it.

I am amazed every year at how the people who are full time talent evaluators and experts in their field get so many draft picks so very wrong. I can see missing on one occasionally or taking risks in later rounds that don't work out, but wow. Its almost like they actually do worse than flipping a coin and get paid well.to do it.
It happens. 1 absolutely wasted 1st round pick hurts, but teams can recover but 3 consecutive years?

Isaiah Wilson Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com
Note the “best in man blocking scheme” as titans seem to do better in zone blocking with such a run heavy offense.

Caleb Farley Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com
Note the “best in a press man coverage scheme” as Vrabel loves playing way off the line secondary.

Treylon Burks Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com
note the “size, strength, and competitiveness similar to AJ Brown”. Not too sure about that competitiveness, don’t think he’s won any jump balls, then consider how much time he misses.

It happens. 1 absolutely wasted 1st round pick hurts, but teams can recover but 3 consecutive years?

Isaiah Wilson Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com
Note the “best in man blocking scheme” as titans seem to do better in zone blocking with such a run heavy offense.

Caleb Farley Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com
Note the “best in a press man coverage scheme” as Vrabel loves playing way off the line secondary.

Treylon Burks Draft and Combine Prospect Profile | NFL.com
note the “size, strength, and competitiveness similar to AJ Brown”. Not too sure about that competitiveness, don’t think he’s won any jump balls, then consider how much time he misses.
It hurts me looking at those picks

No, we prefer to waste 3 picks on crappy receivers no one has ever heard of before.

Sorry everyone, was just curious so I did another one of my deep dives, extrapolate from it what you will;

Munchak was our O-line coach from 1997 thru 2010, when we mistakenly made him our HC. A huge mistake for several reasons, but I digress. Now I know we had a number of free agent pickups on the OL during this time, but I wanted to again go thru our draft picks during his tenure to see what the context was for why he was so highly regarded vs what we have today. So, by year;

Scott Sanderson - 3rd (Meh)

Benji Olson - 5th (Started 140 games)
Kevin Long - 7th (Meh, started 35 games)

Zach Piller - 7th (Started 58 games)

Wes Shivers - 7th (Meh)

Adam Haayer - 6th (Meh)

Justin Hartwig - 6th (Started 95 games)

Todd Williams - 7th (Meh)

Jacob Bell - 5th (Started 100 games)
Eugene Amano - 7th (Started 68 games)... really? Huh...

Michael Roos - 2nd (Started 148 games, Pro Bowler)
David Stewart - 4th (Started 116 games)
Daniel Loper - 5th (Meh)

Leroy Harris - 4th (Started 42 games)
Mike Otto - 7th (Meh)

Troy Kropog - 4th (Meh)
Ryan Durand - 7th (Meh)

So from 97 to 2010, the highest drafted Off lineman was Michael Roos, a 2nd rounder, who was a cornerstone at LT for 9 years (he only started 5 games during his 10th and final year). Olson, Long, Piller, Hartwig, Bell, Amano, Stewart, and Harris were all multi-year starters. And not one of them was a first round pick. This is the difference between what we had then vs what we have now - competent coaching. I know that Fisher isn't exactly beloved here any more and I'm absolutely NOT calling to bring him back, all I'm saying is remember back when we could pick a WR in the 4th round and watch him become Derrick Mason? Remember when we could pick a DE in the 7th round and watch him become Carlos Hall? How about a Robaire Smith in the 6th round? A Justin McCareins in the 4th? Bo Scaife in the 6th? Or geez, what about even a Courtland Finnegan in the 7th round???

People keep saying JRob! and that no one could win with this OL, and while I don't actually know if that's true, what I do know is that our CURRENT staff can't win with this OL. Again, with a competent coach like Munch or a Russ Grimm, or a Bob Young back in the day, who knows? The way I see it, it doesn't matter who JRob drafted b/c this staff simply cannot develop young players.

Treylon Burks caught 41 passes last year. This year? 8.
Chig caught 59 passes for 650 yards and 3 TDs last year. This year? 27, 200, 0.
Roger McCreary looked better last year than this year.
NPF looked better last year than this year.
Kyle Phillips does look better this year than last, to be fair. But he's just one banana peel away from missing half a season.

Does Elijah Molden? Does Rashad Weaver? Does Kristian Fulton? Is Amani Hooker significantly better now over last season?

JRob gets blamed for things and rightfully so on some of it but there are a few new pieces on the OL this year and it still sucks

Dillard who many say is just as bad or worse than Daley wasn't JRob

JRob gets blamed for things and rightfully so on some of it but there are a few new pieces on the OL this year and it still sucks

Dillard who many say is just as bad or worse than Daley wasn't JRob
That video of Dillard standing still as our QB gets sacked is hilarious! I ain't sure I have ever seent a man get beat that badly on a play. Almost looked like it wasn't real!

Latest posts

Back