Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
dg1979us said:
Your right nobody gives a **** about what he says. What we give a **** about is when he is going to start to grow up and become a professional. We have heard this song and dance before, and I take little stock in what he says until he proves he is a team player and he has his head on straight.

I still dunno what people are so mad about. He's here now, he has no criminal charges against him. What's the beef? It's the hair isn't it? Or is it the "gangsta" drawl that turns everyone off.

:ha: Man...

KamikaZ said:
I still dunno what people are so mad about. He's here now, he has no criminal charges against him. What's the beef? It's the hair isn't it? Or is it the "gangsta" drawl that turns everyone off.

:ha: Man...

Who said I was mad? I just agreed with ya that I dont give a **** about what he says. Actions speak louder than words. And dont try and play some race card. THe NFL and sports in general are filled with african americans that people love. His "gangsta drawl" means nothing to me one way or the other.

dg1979us said:
Who said I was mad? I just agreed with ya that I dont give a **** about what he says. Actions speak louder than words.

Sorry, I wasn't singling you out man, just had to quote what you said.

Pac is Young and obviously isn't coping well with being in the spotlight... In that position you have to know whatever you do wrong or right is going to be amplified because you are a Professional football player. thats not hard to figure out, although it does hamper trips to peep shows I sure(kidding)
On the other hand we had another draft pick who was young and found himself in trouble on the field his first year, Haynesworth who now accounts for mostly our entire D line.. he learned and got over the 15 yd penalties and the BS, Pac will too and he'll come into his own IMO and be one of the great shut down Corners. The talents there we know that, once the attitude falls into line which it will as he learns how to balence his life on and off the field...

I get the feeling someone, his agent, or someone has said Pac, sit down, talk to the press, smooth things over.. we've got to get this under control, calm things down, etc, etc get back to football
From that point of view surely that's a good sign..??

KamikaZ said:
If you think it's odd that a pro athelete owns multiple cars, then you're behind by a decade or so. They can afford them, you can't.
I have multiple vehicles (one car and two trucks to be exact), I just don't loan them out for drug deals

Oh and Adam Jones is a convicted Felon in WV or has his star status erased the time he spent wearing a county issued ankle bracelet?

SteveH said:
I get the feeling someone, his agent, or someone has said Pac, sit down, talk to the press, smooth things over.. we've got to get this under control, calm things down, etc, etc get back to football
From that point of view surely that's a good sign..??

Hadn't thought of that.

Hope you are right.

Soxcat said:
Yea, if I urinate all over myself and walk down main street I guess technically I am not breaking the law but certainly that isn't a "standard of behavior" anyone would endorse.
.....QUOTE]

Well, yeah it is. Take the guy with bladder cancer for example. Almost everyone would endorse that as acceptable behavior.

My point is we are all prone to judge others to affirm that we ourselves are OK. Different societies have different laws that reflect their collective tolerance. In Pac's case, he hasn't broken any law of our society- he is just being himself. I'm not going to say he's a bad person (or "thug") just because he doesn't associate with people I would.

He doesn't owe any of us anything outside of the 60 minutes of game time. That is what he is paid for. I love the fact he tells everybody to FO- that makes me like him more. Hell- he's more real than 2/3's of the posters on this board.

GoT said:
I have multiple vehicles (one car and two trucks to be exact), I just don't loan them out for drug deals

Oh and Adam Jones is a convicted Felon in WV or has his star status erased the time he spent wearing a county issued ankle bracelet?

*deleted text*

I think it is a good sign. It would be better if he wasn't in the news so much, but it looks like he's making progress.

I understand owning a few cars. 12 seems excessive, no matter who you are. Especially a rookie, it's not like he's been working for years, has three significant homes, and had a greater need. It's ok, but it seems like a little much.

GoTitans3801 said:
I think it is a good sign. It would be better if he wasn't in the news so much, but it looks like he's making progress.

I understand owning a few cars. 12 seems excessive, no matter who you are. Especially a rookie, it's not like he's been working for years, has three significant homes, and had a greater need. It's ok, but it seems like a little much.

I agree with you. Alot of this will settle down. Remember Steve wearing that ridiculous fur coat :doh:

This kind of money is new to him (nuevo riche). Getting wise with it will take some time and good counseling.

GoT said:
well one is half truck half SUV I just call it a truck for convenience

That's my point. You got your reason (excuse) for what you've got and Pac has his. Neither is "more right".

Anyway, I'm with you his "field play" needs to improve and he needs to stop the PF and UC penalties.

nope I am right and Adam Jones is wrong. :wall:

I did not need the Sport Trac, but I got it anyhow and from a financial standpoint it was stupid.

He should not loan his vehicles out for drug deals. I have never done that, I know cause I had to work to pay for my vehicles I do not loan them out, especially to people that I know, but somehow do not know or whatever Adam Jones said.

GoT said:
nope I am right and Adam Jones is wrong. :wall:

I did not need the Sport Trac, but I got it anyhow and from a financial standpoint it was stupid.

He should not loan his vehicles out for drug deals. I have never done that, I know cause because I had to work to pay for my vehicles I do not loan them out, especially to people that I know, but somehow do not know or whatever Adam Jones said.

Doctors, this one is hopeless. Our efforts are wasted here.

Surgeons%20Looking%20at%20Patient.jpg

KamikaZ said:
Well no one can speak on his personal life, so how can you judge about what's going on with him? It sounds like bull because you have no idea just exactly what and who is doing what with him.
Read the article and see what comments such as "everyone wants me to snap" mean to you. And this from the person who did talk to him personally, "whether it's the police, media or even those in the Titans organization, the controversial cornerback feels like his every move is being watched and scrutinized."

Define "paranoid".

TitanJeff said:
Read the article and see what comments such as "everyone wants me to snap" mean to you. And this from the person who did talk to him personally, "whether it's the police, media or even those in the Titans organization, the controversial cornerback feels like his every move is being watched and scrutinized."

Define "paranoid".

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you.:winker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back