Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

yeah- I agree mostly. But I think folks are quick to forget we were cap strapped and talent deficient due to JRob. Dumping the GM and the HC is simply a standard reset. Like JRob, the new GM has some cap space and although not a "king's ransom" of draft capital like JRob, a modest bit to get things improved. The HC will have a cupboard that is much fuller than Vrabel had in his last two years.
overall I agree but with the OL in particular 23 was mostly RC/vrable choices and selections

Confirmed, AAS is a GoTitans member.
She listens to us fans
A LOT of pressure to hire somebody effective.

Vrabel going to be successful wherever he winds up. I’m not completely down because be felt he was rental from day one.

the rebuild is exciting but I don’t expect more than 6-8 wins next year.

A LOT of pressure to hire somebody effective.

Vrabel going to be successful wherever he winds up. I’m not completely down because be felt he was rental from day one.

the rebuild is exciting but I don’t expect more than 6-8 wins next year.
I’m just
who was 91 last game

dude was huge... kept him out there at DT for at least 1 whole series second half
I think it was 332 pound Keondre Coburn

Gotta give credit to AAS. When she says she is serious about producing a contender, she means it.

Lets not blame the GM, a RB on the downside of his career, the bad drafting each year, getting rid of AJ Brown and the long history bad decisions this ownership makes. On top of that never having any coaching consistency either (in a span of 10 years, 4 coaching changes)....but yeah she is serious...ppuffff.

this franchise is swirling the drain. god damnit.
8btwnn.jpg

We're never going to know what went down in the year end meeting AAS had with Vrabel. I've always felt that the Titans were a stepping stone for Vrabel to get back to the Pats. I'm a minority here I guess, but I think he'll do well wherever he winds up. I don't see how its not NE. It was just weird seeing him yuck it up with Kraft during our off week.

And I'd like for the Titans to find a guy they can stick with for years the way the multi-ring franchises do. Maybe that's what AAS is going for, I don't know.

overall I agree but with the OL in particular 23 was mostly RC/Vrabel choices and selections
yeah- but Skoronski did start games and did alright. What a 1st rounder is supposed to do- so if you're blaming Vrabel, you have to give him credit. If you look at what JRob did with his 1st rounders- wheeeewoooo- b.a.d. I don't know if that was Vrabel or not.

Well after the Ran press conference several things are evident.

AAS wants yes men. Ran fits that mold and is likely why he was hired. She wants "collaborators"

Good grief how did Ran get past the interview process with how he handles the media?

Ran did not seem to be involved in decision to fire Vrable. I am sure he feels his seat is red hot if he can't produce wins with a new HC and 2nd yr Qb and depleted roster. He has an uphill battle ahead.

AAS wants to win but is now just throwing darts at a board and hopes something sticks...

Most likely Amy demanded assistant coach changes and Vrabs pushed back that led to this decision

This team is now headed to Raiders/Browns territory with how their owner is managing the team....

AAS wants yes men. Ran fits that mold and is likely why he was hired. She wants "collaborators"

Good grief how did Ran get past the interview process with how he handles the media?

Ran did not seem to be involved in decision to fire Vrabel. I am sure he feels his seat is red hot if he can't produce wins with a new HC and 2nd yr Qb and depleted roster. He has an uphill battle ahead.

AAS wants to win but is now just throwing darts at a board and hopes something sticks...

Most likely Amy demanded assistant coach changes and Vrabs pushed back that led to this decision

This team is now headed to Raiders/Browns territory with how their owner is managing the team....
I think you're right with what likely went down in the year end meeting- same thing that happened with Mularkey. AAS is the owner and the boss.

But I'm not ready to say we're approaching Raiders/Browns. We've never won a SB for some reason. Hopefully we are learning how to "find our guy". Personally, I think we'd def be on the upswing had we kept Vrabel with our cap space and draft capital. I'll just have to hope for the best now.

We've got a new stadium to fill soon, so something good BETTER happen.

Ran did not seem to be involved in decision to fire Vrabel. I am sure he feels his seat is red hot if he can't produce wins with a new HC and 2nd yr Qb and depleted roster. He has an uphill battle ahead.

This opinion is probably more accurate in revealing your own biases than it is to what actually happened. But, it’s fun to speculate.

i have never gotten the criticism of Amy. She has set her expectations. People seemed fine when she fired JR. She has done more for this organization since becoming controlling owner than anything prior in my opinion. I liked Vrabel…I was not thrilled by the decision but I also have hated Vrabel’s blind commitment to these internal hires which have done nothing to better the team. If he refused to make changes then maybe it was time for him to move on. I dont believe Amy makes any decision lightly. We will see on this one but the, lack of team success isnt on her…getting the right people is…

yeah- but Skoronski did start games and did alright. What a 1st rounder is supposed to do- so if you're blaming Vrabel, you have to give him credit. If you look at what JRob did with his 1st rounders- wheeeewoooo- b.a.d. I don't know if that was Vrabel or not.
wilson 100% robinson
burks 100% robinson
farley 100% robinson

totally agree those misses all robinson

stronski not getting snaps at LT 100% vrable
stronski supposedly not being a T at all 100% RC

the only OL starter that has any robinson stink on him is Radunz the other 4 are RC/vrable how much and to what degree RC/vrable I dont know but dillard, brewer, brunskill & stronski all RC/vrable

100% agree with bold... and it should be.

disagree with the rest

I think you're right with what likely went down in the year end meeting- same thing that happened with Mularkey. AAS is the owner and the boss.

But I'm not ready to say we're approaching Raiders/Browns. We've never won a SB for some reason. Hopefully we are learning how to "find our guy". Personally, I think we'd def be on the upswing had we kept Vrabel with our cap space and draft capital. I'll just have to hope for the best now.

We've got a new stadium to fill soon, so something good BETTER happen.
dont matter what talent walks thru the door zero progression with vrable staff - this was proven to be true

Just as it was proven not to matter who the OC was

the other 4 are RC/Vrabel how much and to what degree RC/Vrabel I dont know but dillard, brewer, brunskill & stronski all RC/Vrabel
brunskill was literally a backup on the 9ers last year (along with about 3 others we signed) so i think you can chalk that one up to him.

brewer was vrabel, vrabel had been talking him up last year.

the rest seemingly have no connections to either so i'd say probably ran.

skoronski was always a dumb pick because in every draft profile everyone agreed he was just a guard. dont take guards with premium picks! ffs!

it's gonna be real fun in 4 years deciding whether we gotta now overpay our overdrafted guard or let him walk and feel like we wasted the pick. jack conklin 2.0

Lets not blame the GM, a RB on the downside of his career, the bad drafting each year, getting rid of AJ Brown and the long history bad decisions this ownership makes. On top of that never having any coaching consistency either (in a span of 10 years, 4 coaching changes)....but yeah she is serious...ppuffff.
C’mon man, Spears just got started.

And by this take and the need for consistency, must of been against the firing of Munchak, then Whisenhunt, then Mularkey?

even then, consistency for who? Not one player currently on the roster was here for Munchak, Whisenhunt, or probably Mularkey.

Yes men to what?
are you saying that AAS has actually been making the roster moves and bad game plans but JRob last year and Vrabel this year finally had enough?

wilson 100% robinson
burks 100% robinson
farley 100% robinson

totally agree those misses all robinson

stronski not getting snaps at LT 100% Vrabel
stronski supposedly not being a T at all 100% RC

the only OL starter that has any robinson stink on him is Radunz the other 4 are RC/Vrabel how much and to what degree RC/Vrabel I dont know but dillard, brewer, brunskill & stronski all RC/Vrabel
yeah but vrabel had to fill the holes with low budget guys due to the cap situation. He was strapped by JRob again. (IMO)

Latest posts

Back