Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

If Vrabel was to not get hired as a HC (which I'm sure he will) but what would he get hired as? I don't think he qualifies as a DC, nor would he probably take the demotion.

With all that said, there will be breaking news tomorrow as Bill Belichick is out as the NE HC.
He was a DC before and it resulted in 1 year as DC straight to HC.

he would absolutely be DC, that's what he was before. he won't have to take a demotion though cuz teams are gonna start blowing his phone up.

He shot up the ranks at Lamborghini speed. He was a DC for 1 season. That tells me he was hired based on his name and reputation.

He'll definitely get a HC job, but I was just speaking on if he didn't get one, what would he be. Just doesn't come off as a DC to me.

He was a DC before and it resulted in 1 year as DC straight to HC.

Makes me believe that he was hired strictly because of his name and connections around the league.

But nobody is hired based on results as you probably know that. You could have an OC that coached an offense that was ranked 19th in the NFL and get the HC job.

Funny everyone is hating on Vrabel but at the same time saying how valuable he would be in a trade.

I'm on the fence about firing him. On one hand, I think he's a decent coach and players do love him. On the other hand, he has had some questionable hires at the coordinator positions which I think have been a bigger problem than Vrabel himself.

My worry is that we start the cycle of firing coaches every other year and never giving Levis a chance to succeed.

They have to nail the coaching hire and offensive staff hires to maximize Levis' talent. If not, we're back to the coaching carousel AND ruin another QB in the process.

That is a fear, but Vrabel was here for 6 seasons. It's not like he didn't get a fair shot.

Also, we consider him valuable based on his PERCEIVED value throughout the rest of the league, from people who haven't spent the last 6 seasons watching the team.

I’m curious were you got that stat from. Can’t find it. I’d like to see other NFL teams numbers
Tennessee Titans lead NFL ‘man games lost’ going into Week 18
League high in players fielded, players on IR and had 50% of the salary cap tied up in players on IR.

While I don't subscribe to the "It's Vrabels fault, he lets players sit out for anything" theory... The Titans have had some serious bad luck with injuries the last couple of years.

Well after the Ran press conference several things are evident.

AAS wants yes men. Ran fits that mold and is likely why he was hired. She wants "collaborators"

Good grief how did Ran get past the interview process with how he handles the media?

Ran did not seem to be involved in decision to fire Vrabel. I am sure he feels his seat is red hot if he can't produce wins with a new HC and 2nd yr Qb and depleted roster. He has an uphill battle ahead.

AAS wants to win but is now just throwing darts at a board and hopes something sticks...

Most likely Amy demanded assistant coach changes and Vrabs pushed back that led to this decision

This team is now headed to Raiders/Browns territory with how their owner is managing the team....

What press conference did you watch? Ran is very solid.

That is a fear, but Vrabel was here for 6 seasons. It's not like he didn't get a fair shot.

Also, we consider him valuable based on his PERCEIVED value throughout the rest of the league, from people who haven't spent the last 6 seasons watching the team.
I feel like 95% of people who hate Vrabel just started hating Vrabel this year. It was iffy after last season and now it's off with his head.

Don't recall people wanting him axed after the first 4 years. That's what a losing team does. Someone's head has to roll after 2 losing seasons, I suppose.

I feel like 95% of people who hate Vrabel just started hating Vrabel this year. It was iffy after last season and now it's off with his head.

Don't recall people wanting him axed after the first 4 years. That's what a losing team does. Someone's head has to roll after 2 losing seasons, I suppose.
fanbases are fickle, add in the fact so many titans fans are vols fans well.... you know how vols fans are

I know I mentioned his seat being warm at least after dropping 7 straight last year and a divisional collapse.
Got a lot of crap for those comments (on Facebook mostly)

Funny everyone is hating on Vrabel but at the same time saying how valuable he would be in a trade.

I'm on the fence about firing him. On one hand, I think he's a decent coach and players do love him. On the other hand, he has had some questionable hires at the coordinator positions which I think have been a bigger problem than Vrabel himself.

My worry is that we start the cycle of firing coaches every other year and never giving Levis a chance to succeed.

They have to nail the coaching hire and offensive staff hires to maximize Levis' talent. If not, we're back to the coaching carousel AND ruin another QB in the process.

Honestly I don't think anything has to revolve around Levis. I think had we drafted him with a top 5 or 10 pick your argument might be valid.

He was drafted in the 2nd round, therefore he's not as valuable as some may think. Sad as it may seem, Burks is more valuable at this point, due to draft position.

A new HC that likes Levis will be valuable to this franchise as I believe Vrabel didn't care too much for Levis as he should've.

Wow…. Vrabel reported to Amy, not Ran. Ran wasn’t even in the room when Vrabel was fired.

I remember someone saying Vrabel didnt answer to Ran. Hmmmmmm

Honestly I don't think anything has to revolve around Levis. I think had we drafted him with a top 5 or 10 pick your argument might be valid.

He was drafted in the 2nd round, therefore he's not as valuable as some may think. Sad as it may seem, Burks is more valuable at this point, due to draft position.

A new HC that likes Levis will be valuable to this franchise as I believe Vrabel didn't care too much for Levis as he should've.
Soooooo many holes. Just give Levi’s the keys again and try to find ways to keep him upright.

If he stinks, just replay Mettenberger to Mariota in your head until it’s over.

Latest posts

Back