Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Honestly I don't think anything has to revolve around Levis. I think had we drafted him with a top 5 or 10 pick your argument might be valid.

He was drafted in the 2nd round, therefore he's not as valuable as some may think. Sad as it may seem, Burks is more valuable at this point, due to draft position.

A new HC that likes Levis will be valuable to this franchise as I believe Vrabel didn't care too much for Levis as he should've.
Levis showed a lot of potential. Plenty to get the nod as the starting QB next season unless they somehow luck in to a great QB out of thin air.

Doesn't matter where he was drafted. If he can play QB, who cares?

Plus, it isn't just about Levis, but the offense as a whole has been pretty bad for several years now.

But Levis was at least a bright spot and of course you try to build around a promising young QB. Doesn't mean it will work out. But what other options are there?

I feel like 95% of people who hate Vrabel just started hating Vrabel this year. It was iffy after last season and now it's off with his head.
As my son told me today, Vrabel had an issue of not pursuing coaching talent. His first staff was rock solid but once the talented coaches left, he hired “the next man up” regardless if they were capable of the job or not. He started to value compliance more than actual coaching skill.

I don't hate Vrabel. I actually l Iike him as a head coach if he'd brought in sharper coordinators/coaches and let them do their jobs.

Probably why Vrabel got canned. That's why you shouldn't be on the fence over the firing.
I believe the players on the field have much more influence over that than Vrabel or any coach. Of course he helped assemble the team...but at the same time, not like he thought every OLinemen would be complete trash and get every QB on the team killed. Only so much a coach can do. Players have to perform.

As my son told me today, Vrabel had an issue of not pursuing coaching talent. His first staff was rock solid but once the talented coaches left, he hired “the next man up” regardless if they were capable of the job or not. He started to value compliance more than actual coaching skill.

I don't hate Vrabel. I actually l Iike him as a head coach if he'd brought in sharper coordinators/coaches and let them do their jobs.

I agree his staff was a bigger problem than Vrabel himself.

The alternative to hiring from within or hiring people that have never been an OC/DC etc is hiring the same ol retreads that have bounced around for 20 years. So I can't really fault him for at least TRYING to find some new blood. Of course it didn't really work out. But the retreads usually don't either.

PS: I don't think Kelly was the worst OC ever. He made some bad calls at times but could have been worse and he threw some wrinkles in to every game.

I listened to the Ran presser and I can say with certainty that he doesn't make any critical decisions. Also listened to AAS interview and she basically said that she won't speak on the decisions that she makes until the HC is hired.

Serious question. If Ran is not doing the hiring and firing, who is making these decisions? Because AAS doesn't know the difference between a 3-4 or 4-3 defense if we're being honest.

I listened to the Ran presser and I can say with certainty that he doesn't make any critical decisions. Also listened to AAS interview and she basically said that she won't speak on the decisions that she makes until the HC is hired.

Serious question. If Ran is not doing the hiring and firing, who is making these decisions? Because AAS doesn't know the difference between a 3-4 or 4-3 defense if we're being honest.

She's been around football all of her life. Why would you be so quick to dismiss her knowledge of the game?

She's been around football all of her life. Why would you be so quick to dismiss her knowledge of the game?

Lol C'mon man. Peyton Manning's Mom and Grandma have been around football their whole life too. Let's make them make critical football decisions too.

And it has nothing at all for AAS being female.

I think 9 out of 10 NFL Owners don't know the difference between a 4-3 or 3-4 defense, as they are clueless to the game and don't need to mingle in the daily operations.

Would you solely have faith in AAS making the HC hire solely by herself?
She’s not making these decisions in a vacuum. She has people she trusts to give their opinions. Ran is one of those people, but Amy has final say, as owner. I’d be more worried if she had nothing to do with these decisions.

Latest posts

Back