Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Okay, but what is the budget? How much money does Amy have to spend? How much is she willing to spend? There isn’t a salary cap for coaches, I don’t think, so it doesn’t really matter what other coaches make.
What’s the right salary for the wrong coach? Spend what you need to get the best.

Henry gone and vrabs too. Amy ripping it down and trying something new.

I wonder if Mike was asked about changing philiosphy/staff and declined or just flat out fired. Vrabs shot himself in the foot hiring Todd Downing. Player acquisition I don't know, sure hc normally have an input but normally a yes or no from the GM is the final answer. Ala AJ.

6 wins in the last 24 games.

Chargers fired their coach after
Panthers fired their coach after
Falcons fired their coach after
Jaguars fired their D coaches after
Burrow was hurt
Tyreek was hurt

Vrabel got what he wanted. AAS realized that she couldn't have a guy leading the franchise who wasn't all in and wanted to be someplace else. Sure she could have kept him hostage since he was under contract, but in the long run that wasn't going to work. She didn't want to have a new stadium opening and have Vrabel leave then when his contract is up.
She got played.

He wants to go to new England, and he didn't want them to have to give up capital for him.

He found a way to make that happen.

I thought this would happen if we were serious about moving on. Trading Vrabel sounds nice on paper but being able to find the right HC is more important then stacking draft picks.

We are better served getting started then sitting a waiting for a trade that may not have even come.

You don't at least wait a week or two and call Bob Kraft? Try to get a 2 or a 3 at least?

What's the harm? Most of the candidates we would want are in the playoffs anyway.

Disagree.

the big talk was about trading him to a team that still has a HC.

would love the extra picks but absolutely correct in assuming it would take too long.

If Kraft really wants vrable, it could have happened with a phone call.

I'm not talking some stupid haul, we obviously didn't have great leverage, but a third or something at least.

The Pats could play the waiting game because they knew that they would eventually get their guy.... Titans had to go ahead and start their new coaching search right away.

Then start the search. Then hire someone. Make his title "supervisor to the head coach" or "head head coach."

Then arrange a trade for vrabel. He approves it or he can sit on his couch for three years.

Also, really pissed they didn't wait to see what NE was doing with BB before they made this move.

Right? I mean, most of the candidates we want are in the playoffs anyway. This didn't have to happen this week.

If Kraft comes out and let's bellickeck go this week and hires vrabel ultimately, we look like fucking morons. Because we are.

Amy got played.

Latest posts

Back