Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Maybe … as anyone thought about the possibility that New England isn’t firing Belichick?
I think that’s the biggest sticking point for any trade idea.

first, everyone assumes that Vrabel is going to NE (I even agree), but especially for any kind of trade, NE still has to determine what they’re doing with BB.

I’ve heard speculation of him movie to the GM roll, opening HC. I think that wishful thinking by pats fans to have both Vrabel and BB.

I’ve heard the speculation that BB is the top candidate for ATL. Not sure how that’s possible still employed by NE.

so the real question is, was there another team that would have traded for Vrabel?
I don’t think there is and I’m not so sure NE actually wanted to trade.

HC pool is that weak I guess for the writer to think Vrabel was the “best” out there.

just another guy saying what a “bad move” it was without ever giving any explanation to why.
he states that if the titans feel there’s a better coach out there, it’s “ridiculous and embarrassing”.
great quote, what’s the justification?

I think that’s the biggest sticking point for any trade idea.

first, everyone assumes that Vrabel is going to NE (I even agree), but especially for any kind of trade, NE still has to determine what they’re doing with BB.

I’ve heard speculation of him movie to the GM roll, opening HC. I think that wishful thinking by pats fans to have both Vrabel and BB.

I’ve heard the speculation that BB is the top candidate for ATL. Not sure how that’s possible still employed by NE.

so the real question is, was there another team that would have traded for Vrabel?
I don’t think there is and I’m not so sure NE actually wanted to trade.

Exactly

Well, here’s why that doesn’t work:

Titans: Hey Bob, any interest in trading for our head coach?

Pats: Heck yeah! We love that guy! We’d definitely give up multiple firsts to get him!

Titans: All right! Let’s do this!

Pats: Sweet! We just need to follow league protocol, interview several candidates (just to comply, you know) and we should get back to you in a couple of weeks.

Titans: But, why not just agree now?

Pats: well, per league rules, we can’t. So, we have to wait until all candidates have had the opportunity to interview with teams who have a head coach opening. Of course, by then you’ll be desperate to get rid of Vrabel so that you can actually interview candidates, so we won’t offer you crap for him. Why should we give you anything for a guy you don’t want?

Titans: You mean this doesn’t work like ignorant fans think it does? Crap.
Except you back channel interest from other candidates/assistants to gauge interest. Thats how it works. And yes- it’s all on down low over a round of golf or fishing etc.

Titans have just never had a good down low network.

I have no idea how this guy knows what happened in a private meeting but he implies Vrabel may have been asked to fire some of his staff and make other changes and refused.

We may have history repeating itself and Vrabel got Munch’d/Mularky’d.
Of all the national media talking heads Ive seen, the only cooler head discussing this was Peter King. He at least acknowledged that there must have been some internal arguments and that in that case, it made sense that Vrabel had to go.

I have no idea how this guy knows what happened in a private meeting but he implies Vrabel may have been asked to fire some of his staff and make other changes and refused.

We may have history repeating itself and Vrabel got Munch’d/Mularky’d.

I think this is the case most of the time when good HCs are fired. It’s a stubbornness to fire their staff. All HCs hire people they know. Their friends, thier freaking kids. I have no problem with that. The problem comes when you can’t or won’t discipline them or change course.

Honestly, I’m certain Vrabel will be successful wherever he goes. Probably not immediately, but def within a year.

I liked how he ran the players he got the most out of them. He should have held his assistant coaches more accountable. And that’s most likely reason he was fired.

I’m not too sad about it because I always viewed him as a rental from NE.

No different than what was said by every national NFL talking head yesterday.

“Vrabel is too good a coach for this 13-21 record to be any more than bad personnel.”

I bet most of the national media only paid attention to the Titans this season when they played Miami on MNF and then hearing how they spoiled the Jags last Sunday.

BTW, Vrabel has to agree to be traded. We don’t know if another team inquired or even knew the Titans might consider a trade. Conveniently omitted in this and every other article I’ve read nationally.

Except you back channel interest from other candidates/assistants to gauge interest. Thats how it works. And yes- it’s all on down low over a round of golf or fishing etc.

Titans have just never had a good down low network.
Okay, let’s include that, then:

Titans’ super secret down low guy: Hey, I’m the Titans’ super secret down low guy, let’s use back channels and subterfuge to make this deal before we officially can just so we can get some premium picks!

Patriots: We love subterfuge and skirting the rules! Let’s do it! Of course, we still have to go through the actual process that the league sets. You know, just so we don’t get caught.

Titans: Makes sense. We know we can trust you to honor this super secret off the books agreement.

Patriots: Yeah, you can trust us. We always follow the rules…

January 22nd
Titans: Ready to finalize our deal?

Patriots: What deal?

Titans: The SUPER SECRET deal! The one where you give us a bunch of picks for the head coach you want!

Patriots: After interviewing several qualified candidates, we aren’t sold on Vrabel anymore. Not enough to trade for him, at least.

Titans: WTF?! But we had a super secret deal!

No different than what was said by every national NFL talking head yesterday.

“Vrabel is too good a coach for this 13-21 record to be any more than bad personnel.”

I bet most of the national media only paid attention to the Titans this season when they played Miami on MNF and then hearing how they spoiled the Jags last Sunday.

BTW, Vrabel has to agree to be traded. We don’t know if another team inquired or even knew the Titans might consider a trade. Conveniently omitted in this and every other article I’ve read nationally.
The only 2 games mentioned by anyone. Common theme, Vrabel had the team ready to play even with nothing to play for.
Horses**t.
Where was that team when they had something to play for. That’s equally as much on Vrabel then. If I count correctly, he had the team ready to play 6 times and not ready to play 11 times this season.

95% of those same people couldn't tell you who Shane Bowen is if you took away their ability to look it up online. And yes, I totally made up that 95% number.

Not 1 person, not a single person who I've asked this morning in my office has recognized the name 'Shane Bowen.' So right now that number is 100%.

Not 1 person, not a single person who I've asked this morning in my office has recognized the name 'Shane Bowen.' So right now that number is 100%.

Do you work for an NFL team or any of the Sports reporting outlets ?

Because if you don’t. You and your office buddies don’t matter.

Take it for what’s it’s worth I guess. Seems like Vrabel at least gave the attitude of NE being a possibility after his ring of honor ceremony.
Some people previously pointed to that moment as key.
Of course speculation, and without some sort of definitive proof, throw the tampering idea out.

Mike Vrabel: Latest details on Titans’ decision to fire head coach
Sounds like Vrabel was an ego maniac like I thought. Told the team needs to try something different, an new philosophy, coaching and he straight said kick rocks Amy.

Do you work for an NFL team or any of the Sports reporting outlets ?

Because if you don’t. You and your office buddies don’t matter.

Totally irrelevant where I work. What percentage of all these people critical of the firing on social media work for an NFL team or any of the sports reporting outlets? My official estimation is that percentage is very low.

Also, I would hardly classify our office cleaning lady as a 'buddy,' she hardly speaks any English at all in fact. But just like I guessed, she had NO CLUE who Shane Bowen was. But when I asked her if Mike Vrabel was a good head coach she looked me straight in the eye and said 'Si.'

I'm also happy to report that my official tally has now doubled in size. TWO people I've asked had no idea who Shane Bowen was. 2 for 2, that's still 100%.

Totally irrelevant where I work. What percentage of all these people critical of the firing on social media work for an NFL team or any of the sports reporting outlets? My official estimation is that percentage is very low.

Also, I would hardly classify our office cleaning lady as a 'buddy,' she hardly speaks any English at all in fact. But just like I guessed, she had NO CLUE who Shane Bowen was. But when I asked her if Mike Vrabel was a good head coach she looked me straight in the eye and said 'Si.'

I'm also happy to report that my official tally has now doubled in size. TWO people I've asked had no idea who Shane Bowen was. 2 for 2, that's still 100%.
I bet that if you shared those two people’s names with us that we would have no clue who they are. I’m not quite getting your point either.

Okay, let’s include that, then:

Titans’ super secret down low guy: Hey, I’m the Titans’ super secret down low guy, let’s use back channels and subterfuge to make this deal before we officially can just so we can get some premium picks!

Patriots: We love subterfuge and skirting the rules! Let’s do it! Of course, we still have to go through the actual process that the league sets. You know, just so we don’t get caught.

Titans: Makes sense. We know we can trust you to honor this super secret off the books agreement.

Patriots: Yeah, you can trust us. We always follow the rules…

January 22nd
Titans: Ready to finalize our deal?

Patriots: What deal?

Titans: The SUPER SECRET deal! The one where you give us a bunch of picks for the head coach you want!

Patriots: After interviewing several qualified candidates, we aren’t sold on Vrabel anymore. Not enough to trade for him, at least.

Titans: WTF?! But we had a super secret deal!
You start earlier.

Latest posts

Back