Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Listening to more and more National talking heads, they all express their shock and assumption that Tennessee made a mistake and keep quoting some version of him being the best coach out there or no one better etc.

what is it that Vrabel did that made him this “great coach”?
I’ve heard suggestions of motivation. That’s pretty much the end.

does anyone want to discuss the flaws he brought and if those flaws were enough that there are better coaches out there?

Listening to more and more National talking heads, they all express their shock and assumption that Tennessee made a mistake and keep quoting some version of him being the best coach out there or no one better etc.

does anyone want to discuss the flaws he brought and if those flaws were enough that there are better coaches out there?
Vrabel took that mess of a situation in 2021 to the number one seed. That was great coaching. Period. I think that is all the national media knows about his time here, so yeah, they think he's great.

Reality is, Vrabel is too stubborn to admit when his plan isn't working. Or, that he isn't flexible enough to change with the variables. I think Ran and Amy knew that a rebuild was needed, and Vrabel thought he could go on doing what he was doing and everything would be good. They let him hang himself.

Edit to answer your question:
I think Amy will look for a coach who is willing to listen to other well-informed opinions, admit when change is needed, and work with the GM to build the roster. You know, "collaborate." Haha! I'm sure there are several candidates who will fit the bill.

I guess we'll see how great Vrabel is and if we made a mistake or not..
He had a couple of really good years and a couple of bad ones. Blame injuries or whatever.
I think we'll be fine without Vrabel.

9-7, 9-7, 11-5, 12-5, 7-10 and 6-11 doesn't scream great

Last edited by a moderator:
How many HCs get traded? That’s a. Dry unique and very unusual thing. Particularly this one since the year long rumor fest. Yea. Let’s back channel with everyone watching. BS. You act like this stuff is just normal course and scope and the Titans failed by not doing it. Wrong. They fired their HC because the product wasn’t going to get better or move in the right direction with the staff they had. Vrabel obviously was against change. So bye. Move on. This incessant need from some of y’all to just find fault in everything is annoying. Try and find peace and optimism in the fresh start and new horizons. If the next HC fails we can start blasting him also. But you are assuming there was a trade where there is no, none, nada, zilch proof it ever was possible.[/QUOTE
dog-blah-srb6bXZHbgDsc
]

View attachment 21451

200-gif.21451

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very possible that Vrabel will find success elsewhere, AND Tennessee will build a new identity and find success in a few years. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

It's very possible that Vrabel will find success elsewhere, AND Tennessee will build a new identity and find success in a few years. Those two things are not mutually exclusive.
There used to be this thing on this site called “The Rational Response Squad.” You would have received an invitation for this post.

Moronic talking heads didn't watch 60 minutes of Vrabel fooball 17 times a year for 6 years. All they ever see is the box score.

We on the other hand remember things like this

Moronic talking heads didn't watch 60 minutes of Vrabel fooball 17 times a year for 6 years. All they ever see is the box score.

We on the other hand remember things like this
Didn’t know he said that but he said it without saying every time Philips was a healthy scratch.

there’s also the every game that it’s pointed out the DB are out of position on 3rd downs, specifically “and short”.

it cannot be coincidence that most titans fans recognize that every time the opponent gets behind the chains it increases their first down likelihood and I certainly won’t forget the outrageous 3rd down conversion rate in 2020 that the Ten D gave up.
Not sure I can attribute the weird streak that no kickers ever seem to miss against Ten.

so we fired Mike Vrabel....

for a list of massive previous HC failures, stamp collectors, spoiled rich kids who were too skinny to play DI football, and potential 'public relations' hires. (.....................................)

Honestly, I’m certain Vrabel will be successful wherever he goes. Probably not immediately, but def within a year.

I liked how he ran the players he got the most out of them. He should have held his assistant coaches more accountable. And that’s most likely reason he was fired.

I’m not too sad about it because I always viewed him as a rental from NE.

He is Jeff Fisher 2.0

He will be moderately successful. But I'm confident we won't see him hoist a Lombardi somewhere else.

He just isn't good enough scheme wise and has too big an ego to hire assistants who are.

So, who are names that you consider “coaches”?

No one we'll end up hiring - so it would be a waste of words. And because we usually pounce on failed coaching pallets immediately following the firing of one. (Let's be real - Vrabel was a terrible DC in Houston.)

Which is exactly why I bet anything it'll be a dork like Dan Quinn............... smh.

Matt LeFleur just made the playoffs with Jordan Love and not much else. I'm not buying that there is no young HC candidate out there that will not tank this organization. I'm in wait and see mode.

Latest posts

Back