Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Do you really want me to keep doing this?
I don’t. The excuse about timing is stupid. If you’re rebuilding, you don’t squander your capital.

AAS should have planned for this scenario mid season when it was obvious this team was going nowhere. You start the back channel replacement contingency then.

Totally irrelevant where I work. What percentage of all these people critical of the firing on social media work for an NFL team or any of the sports reporting outlets? My official estimation is that percentage is very low.

Also, I would hardly classify our office cleaning lady as a 'buddy,' she hardly speaks any English at all in fact. But just like I guessed, she had NO CLUE who Shane Bowen was. But when I asked her if Mike Vrabel was a good head coach she looked me straight in the eye and said 'Si.'

I'm also happy to report that my official tally has now doubled in size. TWO people I've asked had no idea who Shane Bowen was. 2 for 2, that's still 100%.

Did you ask those same people who Mike McDaniel is? Did they tell you the lead singer of the Doobie Brothers?

I’m not sure what your point is but I doubt 99% of people know who the DC or OC of an NFL team is. Bears just fired their DC, I didn’t know his name. But NFL people and media people know who they are.

You are trying to compare your office to NFL circles, professionals and sports media reporters. It’s not valid. It’s truly absurd.

I don’t. The excuse about timing is stupid. If you’re rebuilding, you don’t squander your capital.

AAS should have planned for this scenario mid season when it was obvious this team was going nowhere. You start the back channel replacement contingency then.
Okay. I have never worked for an NFL team, so I’ll take your expert opinion on this.

I bet that if you shared those two people’s names with us that we would have no clue who they are. I’m not quite getting your point either.
I think it kind of applies everywhere.
My office has a handful of fans of different teams and everyone is talking about the Vrabel firing among other topics NFL related, they don’t know who Tim Kelly or Shane Bowen are.

I think at the National level, they know who they are but don’t have any idea what attachment they had to get Vrabel fired. It’s why their names are never mentioned at all while kissing Vrabel’s a$$ and calling the titans stupid.

You can’t back channel stuff like that. You get caught and lose draft picks. It’s against the rules. don’t tell me it won’t get out. It will. It has. You are also assuming Amy knew she was going to move on from Vrabel.

Again… what team has fired their coach that wants Vrabel? So the Titans were supposed to work in NEs timeline? If it NE who? Back channeled all NFL teams. make it known we are open for trading Vrabel? You also can’t trade a guy who doesn’t want to be traded. Vrabel can stay home and collect $9.5 million a year. Why would Vrabel want draft capital traded away from his team. He wouldn’t. The Patriots are in full rebuild and in my opinion in worse shape than the Titans. Why would he want that job. Most think he isnt a rebuild coach. The Texans did the same thing. They hired back to back sacrificial lambs before they gave Demeco Ryan’s the job with a new QB improved roster and now a shit ton of cap space. They didn’t hire him in full rebuild.

Some of you look for boogiemen around every corner. Nothing this team does is ever correct. If they do what you want they still didn’t do it right. If they don’t they are dysfunctional. I just don’t know why you follow this team.

Except you back channel interest from other candidates/assistants to gauge interest. Thats how it works. And yes- it’s all on down low over a round of golf or fishing etc.

Titans have just never had a good down low network.
if only the other nfl owners and power brokers fox hunted

Totally irrelevant where I work. What percentage of all these people critical of the firing on social media work for an NFL team or any of the sports reporting outlets? My official estimation is that percentage is very low.

Also, I would hardly classify our office cleaning lady as a 'buddy,' she hardly speaks any English at all in fact. But just like I guessed, she had NO CLUE who Shane Bowen was. But when I asked her if Mike Vrabel was a good head coach she looked me straight in the eye and said 'Si.'

I'm also happy to report that my official tally has now doubled in size. TWO people I've asked had no idea who Shane Bowen was. 2 for 2, that's still 100%.
She obviously has no idea who Mike Vrabel is either.

Ask her who Ted Kaczynski is?

the actual question, IMO, is how many of these talking heads actually watched even 1 complete Titan game... more importantly any of the watch second colt game???

vrable should be fired for that sh1tshow alone.. lost to moustach boy and allowed P to be quartered - at home

You can’t back channel stuff like that. You get caught and lose draft picks. It’s against the rules. don’t tell me it won’t get out. It will. It has. You are also assuming Amy knew she was going to move on from Vrabel.

Again… what team has fired their coach that wants Vrabel? So the Titans were supposed to work in NEs timeline? If it NE who? Back channeled all NFL teams. make it known we are open for trading Vrabel? You also can’t trade a guy who doesn’t want to be traded. Vrabel can stay home and collect $9.5 million a year. Why would Vrabel want draft capital traded away from his team. He wouldn’t. The Patriots are in full rebuild and in my opinion in worse shape than the Titans. Why would he want that job. Most think he isnt a rebuild coach. The Texans did the same thing. They hired back to back sacrificial lambs before they gave Demeco Ryan’s the job with a new QB improved roster and now a **** ton of cap space. They didn’t hire him in full rebuild.

Some of you look for boogiemen around every corner. Nothing this team does is ever correct. If they do what you want they still didn’t do it right. If they don’t they are dysfunctional. I just don’t know why you follow this team.
Of course tampering is against tge rules. But like in any business, it happens because people utilize innuendo and discretion in their trails without actually expressly violating the rules. we only hear about tge ones that get caught. Happens that way in every business- back channels.

Of course tampering is against tge rules. But like in any business, it happens because people utilize innuendo and discretion in their trails without actually expressly violating the rules. we only hear about tge ones that get caught. Happens that way in every business- back channels.

How many HCs get traded? That’s a. Dry unique and very unusual thing. Particularly this one since the year long rumor fest. Yea. Let’s back channel with everyone watching. BS. You act like this stuff is just normal course and scope and the Titans failed by not doing it. Wrong. They fired their HC because the product wasn’t going to get better or move in the right direction with the staff they had. Vrabel obviously was against change. So bye. Move on. This incessant need from some of y’all to just find fault in everything is annoying. Try and find peace and optimism in the fresh start and new horizons. If the next HC fails we can start blasting him also. But you are assuming there was a trade where there is no, none, nada, zilch proof it ever was possible.

Did you ask those same people who Mike McDaniel is? Did they tell you the lead singer of the Doobie Brothers?

I’m not sure what your point is but I doubt 99% of people know who the DC or OC of an NFL team is. Bears just fired their DC, I didn’t know his name. But NFL people and media people know who they are.

You are trying to compare your office to NFL circles, professionals and sports media reporters. It’s not valid. It’s truly absurd.

Just before lunch I remembered that I was out of lunch meat for my daily sandwich, so I went across the street to Walgreens. While there, I asked the checker lady, either Wanda or Nova or something odd, what she thought of Shane Bowen. Her exact response was 'I have no clue who that is.' THEN I asked her if she thought Mike Vrabel was a good coach, and again her EXACT words were 'Sure, whatever.'

I'm definitely counting that as 3 for 3, still at 100%.

Just before lunch I remembered that I was out of lunch meat for my daily sandwich, so I went across the street to Walgreens. While there, I asked the checker lady, either Wanda or Nova or something odd, what she thought of Shane Bowen. Her exact response was 'I have no clue who that is.' THEN I asked her if she thought Mike Vrabel was a good coach, and again her EXACT words were 'Sure, whatever.'

I'm definitely counting that as 3 for 3, still at 100%.

Yep… sure…. And millions of people all of a sudden think the earth is flat, that JFK JR isn’t dead and will be Trumps VP.

WTF is your point?

Yep… sure…. And millions of people all of a sudden think the earth is flat, that JFK JR isn’t dead and will be Trumps VP.

WTF is your point?

Man, having to continually spell things out for you is getting really old. My point was this;

95% of those same people couldn't tell you who Shane Bowen is if you took away their ability to look it up online. And yes, I totally made up that 95% number.

And so far, I've been proven right. 3 for 3.

What's odd is how you bounce from post to post at times criticizing the NFL 'speculators' as know-nothings with opinions that don't matter, and then other times you say those without that role have no credibility.

Do you work for an NFL team or any of the Sports reporting outlets?

Would you make up your mind please...?

Latest posts

Back