Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

I don’t know too many journalists dumb enough to get into a real football argument with someone like Vrabel.
I don’t think it’s really with Vrabel but if all the talking heads keep saying the same things but without justifying what they’re saying, it just equals bad journalism/reporting since it’s an opinion.

jim Wyatt is in a perfect spot to call out the flaws of Vrabel among the other talking heads, not toe to toe with Vrabel.

Ok, let’s say vrabs goes to NE. Money says he doesn’t bring the same OC and DC with him. So IF he doesn’t, why wouldn’t he just fire them here and stay in Tennessee? If that was an option.
Personally, I’m glad he’s gone BIT it’s because he wouldn’t purge the crappy coaches. I’d love to have kept him if he hired new coordinators

Ok, let’s say vrabs goes to NE. Money says he doesn’t bring the same OC and DC with him. So IF he doesn’t, why wouldn’t he just fire them here and stay in Tennessee? If that was an option.
Personally, I’m glad he’s gone BIT it’s because he wouldn’t purge the crappy coaches. I’d love to have kept him if he hired new coordinators
If Vrabes goes to the Pat's my gut says he asks Matt Patrica to come back as the DC.

You make a great point there. Does he keep Kelly and Bowen or does he start over fresh. I mean, he does adore them, right?

A a minimum, unless he gets the HC gig, Jerod Mayo will be DC.

I’d only argue that Kelly and bowen may not have been his first/top choice but we’re available.
No idea who his choices would be, but I expect NE player/coach background

That particular point, sure. I don't think she was mad he went.

Now, the fact that he arguably threw some shade at us while there, I can see that pissing her off.

I agree... after that ceremony is when all the reports out of Boston started happening so you know that Vrabel and Kraft had a talk about future plans.

Amy needs her new coach to be signed through after the new stadium is built. It would be horrible if we held on to Vrabel and then he bolted after his contract is up leaving us searching for a new coach right before the stadium would be opening. This also would have Levis learning a new offense right as the stadium opens.

Find me an offensive HC who calls his own plays so that if we do well and assistants get poached it doesn't force you to hit the reset button.

Vrabel was always a rental. Everyone knew he was Belichek’s replacement cutting his teeth as a HC with us. Same ole NFL back channel BS

Well let’s see if it happens first - if not then no; but it sure looks like the obvious fit .

New England is the one franchise in worst shape than us though. Besides nostalgia not sure why he would want to be in that rebuilding project. Probably the least amount of stars on one team in the league.

This is a very very bad look if true.

1. vrabel didn't think ran was ready.
2. Ran didn't even run the draft
3. Amy fired vrabel after consulting "people in the league" but didn't bother to consult the guy she hired to run her franchise
4. She then, after a pretty egregious insult of not consulting him, sent ran out there to clean up her mess.

Ran is looking like miss Amy's meat puppet. Hell, if all this is true, vrabel was right to want out.

I actually saw this discussed on Twitter earlier today, and if I can find the actual explanation I'll try to post it. But essentially, 'running the draft board' is NOT the selecting of players, that supposedly was still Ran's doing. 'Running the draft board' is more akin to keeping tabs on who's been drafted by what team so that the staff has up to the moment information at their disposal.

Obviously, I wasn't there, I'm just relaying what I've seen elsewhere. Like I said I'll try to find and post when I can.

Latest posts

Back