Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Or, maybe, it was a way to give those guys an actual opportunity to advance in a traditionally Caucasian controlled business. Could be time to do away with it, but it was needed at one point.
I’m talking about today. Seriously, are there people out there that think they possibly only got the position due to Rooney rule? If there is, it hurts their individual credit. It also hurts the league’s credit, although they and Goodell, do plenty to tarnish the shield regularly in other ways.

I’m talking about today. Seriously, are there people out there that think they possibly only got the position due to Rooney rule? If there is, it hurts their individual credit. It also hurts the league’s credit, although they and Goodell, do plenty to tarnish the shield regularly in other ways.
Apparently, people like Carp and GoT do believe this.

I was watching it on youtube, he kind of toasted Vrabel.

He barred everyone else's kids from the locker room, his kids still got to come and go as they pleased.

Woodyard is around the 2:21 mark

Overworked players, might explain some of the injury problems

I was watching it on youtube, he kind of toasted Vrabel.

He barred everyone else's kids from the locker room, his kids still got to come and go as they pleased.

Woodyard is around the 2:21 mark

There's a lot of stuff even bigger

• He lost the team, and the player-coach relationship
  • Used players wrong, against their strengths (eg Macolm Butler in cover 4)
  • Vrabel was a me guy, it was all about him
  • Ran wants it to be about the players
  • Vrabel inherited a great locker room
  • Vrabel ran good players out of town (Adoree Jackson, David Long as examples) because they weren't his kind of player

Vrabel isn't as highly respected as some want to believe

Last edited by a moderator:
Part of the BB thing has to be about control. He was the HC and the GM in NE. Gotta wonder if the GM for the team is interviewing with isn't at least partially worried if BB wouldn't eventually push him out.

I think that’s probably correct.

• Vrabel ran good players out of town (Adoree Jackson, David Long as examples) because they weren't his kind of player

…and if he isn’t as respected then it clearly wasn’t well known.
When did I say that?

My apologies… it wasn’t aimed at you. I shouldn’t have quoted you.

But wait… I thought the anti Vrabel narrative was he was too easy on them. Told them it was ok to sit out.
It really can be both... once a player is injured, as a former player, he over sympathizes.

I think most of us have had experiences with both types of bosses... you go into work coughing and runny nose and the boss is saying "go home, you are too sick to work and dont want you to infect anyone else"

compared to

"we need you here at work, who cares if you have a runny nose, you are just as sick sitting at home as you would be at work."

even the biggest Vrabel fan has to think there is more than just coincidence why Vrabel was setting NFL records for injuries.

there was a vet OL guy that retired mid season

It really can be both... once a player is injured, as a former player, he over sympathizes.

I think most of us have had experiences with both types of bosses... you go into work coughing and runny nose and the boss is saying "go home, you are too sick to work and dont want you to infect anyone else"

compared to

"we need you here at work, who cares if you have a runny nose, you are just as sick sitting at home as you would be at work."

even the biggest Vrabel fan has to think there is more than just coincidence why Vrabel was setting NFL records for injuries.

Oh trust me … I now believe there were deep issues with certain people. There appears to be no middle ground with him. But I dont think he was soft. I think he didn’t want to have a boss. Amy had to slap the dog shit out of him. Owners talk. GMs talk. I believe Vrabel wanted it his way and the front office said no. He isnt the first HC, hell he isn’t the first Titans HC to want that and get fired, he won’t be the last. I am convinced most HCs are that way. They know better than the people who own the team and prefer to be left alone to run the team. It’s how they handle success that matters. He worked with people who never played the game. But now he has a former player, while not long time player Ran played in the NFL. That’s much different than JRob. Vrabel had early success and believed his own press, he took himself to serious. It got him fired. After looking at all the info I can come to no other conclusion,

there was a vet OL guy that retired mid season

I kinda wondered if Vrabel might be working them too hard with all the injuries. At the time though I still liked Vrabel. I started to wonder again this past offseasons when he talked about their offseason hard work philosophy and how it prevents injury. And I thought "you've been the worst team for injuries the past two years."

This year they again were awful for injuries and a large percentage of the guys on the injury report were brand new

They know better than the people who own the team and prefer to be left alone to run the team. It’s how they handle success that matters. He worked with people who never played the game. But now he has a former player, while not long time player Ran played in the NFL. That’s much different than JRob. Vrabel had early success and believed his own press, he took himself to serious. It got him fired.
Agree with a lot of this but also see Vrabel never getting over JRob trading his second-best offensive player.

I can't say I blame the guy for wanting more personnel control because of it. He probably felt his CotY success proved he was the best man to get the job done and likely fed his ego to the point he wanted total control of everything.

Latest posts

Back