Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Morris is D, Mayo is D (previously assumed as HC or not), Pierce is D.
Harbaugh is probably supposed to be offensive but the SF team he had was really Defensive driven.

So I don’t know how accurate “the league is going offensive” is.
I know Tennessee did, wash appears to be, Carolina did, and the list of interviewees seemed a little more offensive heavy.

I just think, I could be wrong, the league is moving that way.

Has Vrabel been hired yet?

You know the HC that wouldn't last 2 seconds on the market.

Thank you AAS for getting rid of that overrated LB's coach and not listening to the outsiders.

Has Vrabel been hired yet?

You know the HC that wouldn't last 2 seconds on the market.

Thank you AAS for getting rid of that overrated LB's coach and not listening to the outsiders.

I would at least wait to see what Bo Callahan can conjure up before throwing Vrabel into the dungeon....

Vrabel coached a team that wasn't supposed to be remotely close to the AFC Championship game (his 2nd year), was Coach of the Year for having to manage and coach the most injured team in history, and in the grand scheme of things, playoffs in 2019, 2020, and 2021.

Did he underperform in '22 & '23? Sure, no one is arguing that. But the dollar general approach Jon was taking in one year didn't help, and Ran sure as hell didn't do Vrabel any favors for the side of the ball that got him fired -- offensive line.

To say 'good riddance' to Vrabel and 'welcome to Nashville!!' to Callahan at this point in time, is jumping the scary-looking "AR-14" way way way too early.

I would at least wait to see what Bo Callahan can conjure up before throwing Vrabel into the dungeon....

Vrabel coached a team that wasn't supposed to be remotely close to the AFC Championship game (his 2nd year), was Coach of the Year for having to manage and coach the most injured team in history, and in the grand scheme of things, playoffs in 2019, 2020, and 2021.

Did he underperform in '22 & '23? Sure, no one is arguing that. But the dollar general approach Jon was taking in one year didn't help, and Ran sure as hell didn't do Vrabel any favors for the side of the ball that got him fired -- offensive line.

To say 'good riddance' to Vrabel and 'welcome to Nashville!!' to Callahan at this point in time, is jumping the scary-looking "AR-14" way way way too early.
He got carried those years. What you saw last year and this year was truly completely controlled Vrabel football team and it was trash.

4 of the 5 OL starters in 23 were RC/vrable approved

Vrabel picked Tim Kelly and Shane Bowen. He picked Colgate.
Vrabel did Vrabel in. Blaming it on JRob now is overlooking the massive issues Vrabel himself has, nevermind that he had input to players coming to the team.

Vrabel is unemployed...that says all you need to know..if he was a great coach and Tennessee made a mistake he would have been hired quickly.

Vrabel picked Tim Kelly and Shane Bowen. He picked Colgate.
Vrabel did Vrabel in. Blaming it on JRob now is overlooking the massive issues Vrabel himself has, nevermind that he had input to players coming to the team.

It was a collective effort of total tunnel vision management front office trickling right down to the position coaches.

And vrabel bore the brunt because he wouldn't run his coaches into the mud, all our feelings about what they were aside.

Nonsense. Abosolute rubbish. Vrabel inherited a team that was a good QB away from being a Superbowl contender.
Top 10 OL
Up and coming superstar RB
Top 5 defence

The team was then upgraded with Tannehill, AJ Brown, Saffold and Simmons.

Nonsense. Abosolute rubbish. Vrabel inherited a team that was a good QB away from being a Superbowl contender.
Top 10 OL
Up and coming superstar RB
Top 5 defence

The team was then upgraded with Tannehill, AJ Brown, Saffold and Simmons.

And then the OL was butchered, the QB eventually had his chew toy taken away (AJ), never have had a consistent TE since Jonnu left, our pass defense plummeted off Mt. Crumpet, gave contract extentsions to very average safeties (amani), wasted 3 straight 1st round picks - Wilson, Farley, Burks... continued the route of old veterans who contributed nothing, Beasley, Clowney, Julio, the strength and conditioning team probably went through 50 million dollars in x ray exams, surgery bills, athletic tape, cryo therapy, vitamins, and massage guns..... want me to keep going?

Last edited by a moderator:
And then the OL was butchered, the QB eventually had his chew toy taken away (AJ), never have had a consistent TE since Jonnu left, our pass defense plummeted off Mt. Crumpet, gave contract extentsions to very average safeties (amani), wasted 3 straight 1st round picks - Wilson, Farley, Burks... continued the route of old veterans who contributed nothing, Beasley, Clowney, Julio, the strength and conditioning team probably went through 50 million dollars in x ray exams, surgery bills, athletic tape, cryo therapy, vitamins, and massage guns..... want me to keep going?
That was after our AFC Championship run. To say Vrabel made it to the AFC Championship game with a bad team is just plain wrong.

It was a collective effort of total tunnel vision management front office trickling right down to the position coaches.

And vrabel bore the brunt because he wouldn't run his coaches into the mud, all our feelings about what they were aside.
Are you suggesting FO tunnel vision selected these assistant coaches, not Vrabel?

sounds like a vrable problem

Titans go 4-13 in 24 we all know Vrabel would have had the Titans at 2-15 but highly respected

If the team goes 4-13 it’s no indictment on Vrabel. It’s just what it is. This team lost talent. This was not some great team that only lost because Vrabel screwed it up. Quite frankly love him or hate him the likely hood is that a 4-13 team under Vrabel goes 6-11 or 7-10 than 2-15. Vrabel could get his team up on occasion to win win when they shouldn’t.

This just hasn’t been a good team for 2 years. It’s just a fact. It wasn’t just Vrabel. Except whatever part he played on the players they brought in.

But no different than the Texans, this team could get close to 10 wins next year if they make the right moves and Levis progresses and is the real deal. I know y’all will call me a homer. That’s fine. It is very possible. 2 wins isn’t unless they tank or have catastrophic injuries.

admitting vrable responsible for the m*a*s*h units he put on the field is the first step.

vrable not the worst HC ever, but he was part of the problem and he, like mularkey, choose to die on the hill of awful yes men staff instead of getting competent coaches

admitting Vrabel responsible for the m*a*s*h units he put on the field is the first step.

Vrabel not the worst HC ever, but he was part of the problem and he, like mularkey, choose to die on the hill of awful yes men staff instead of getting competent coaches

Yes. Like Munchak also.

Latest posts

Back