Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Why are you arguing with yourself?
I was wondering if someone would mention it. I was quoting myself because @Riverman gave a troll rating without actually answering the question.

That's a genuine question. What skillset or attribute do you think other coaches get to lean from Vrabel? Guess it was too tough and offensive for some.

titans-draft-mike-vrabel-friends.jpg

there is lots of evidence
One of those people in the background has to be Titanmark.

I think a big difference is, those coaches under Shanahan's tree actually LEARN from Shanahan. Can you honestly say you have confidence in Vrabel teaching and making his coaches better? If so, in what areas is he improving them? It certainly isn't offensive schemes.

Point was, HAD IT PANNED OUT - Vrabel would have been one of the Tom Bradys of Coaches, not in the sense of the GOAT - but in the sense of taking UNDRAFTED WR's (mailroom clerk positon coaches) and making them Super Bowl MVPS... (head coach contending coordinators)

But naturally we can all look at that now and scoff -- because downing & kelly were dumpster fires, and shane bowen colored all over the walls once daddy jim schwartz left for work.

I was wondering if someone would mention it. I was quoting myself because @Riverman gave a troll rating without actually answering the question.

That's a genuine question. What skillset or attribute do you think other coaches get to lean from Vrabel? Guess it was too tough and offensive for some.
I undid it. Honestly don’t remember doing that- must have been a misfire while scrolling.

Point was, HAD IT PANNED OUT - Vrabel would have been one of the Tom Bradys of Coaches, not in the sense of the GOAT - but in the sense of taking UNDRAFTED WR's (mailroom clerk positon coaches) and making them Super Bowl MVPS... (head coach contending coordinators)

But naturally we can all look at that now and scoff -- because downing & kelly were dumpster fires, and shane bowen colored all over the walls once daddy jim schwartz left for work.
Yes... IF.

And if the queen had balls, she'd be king. A good leader is self-aware enough to know his strengths and weaknesses. Confidence is one thing, delusion is another.

Most people on this board were aware enough to know those hires weren't going to work out. Somehow Vrabel, didn't. Did he really think he was an offensive genius that could build up a tree with any coaches? Even when Lafleur and Art were hired, I don't think anyone claimed it was BECAUSE they learned from Vrabel. Lafleur was hired in spite of Vrabel.

Hubris does lead to terrible decisions. He did make some great decisions with Pees and Schwartz, just unfortunate it seems he didn't learn from them. On to the next

Yes... IF.

And if the queen had balls, she'd be king. A good leader is self-aware enough to know his strengths and weaknesses. Confidence is one thing, delusion is another.

Most people on this board were aware enough to know those hires weren't going to work out. Somehow Vrabel, didn't. Did he really think he was an offensive genius that could build up a tree with any coaches? Even when Lafleur and Art were hired, I don't think anyone claimed it was BECAUSE they learned from Vrabel. Lafleur was hired in spite of Vrabel.

Hubris does lead to terrible decisions. He did make some great decisions with Pees and Schwartz, just unfortunate it seems he didn't learn from them. On to the next

The actual truth is, we don’t know. Most people of this board knew nothing and didn’t like the hires because they weren’t sexy. But it wasn’t most. It’s just the 5 or so loudest in here that complain no matter what. The facts are now we don’t know how good any of these guys could have been because it appears Vrabel was micro managing everything. Downing might be good. He had no trouble getting a job. You think Aaron Rodgers would have allowed him to be hired if he didn’t think he knew something? Bowen is in the running to stay with the Titans. Vrabel is sitting at home.

Like I’ve said. It appears this was all Vrabel. Maybe he wasn’t fired for not firing his staff. It was just him and his system.

Not arguing, just my take.

The actual truth is, we don’t know. Most people of this board knew nothing and didn’t like the hires because they weren’t sexy. But it wasn’t most. It’s just the 5 or so loudest in here that complain no matter what. The facts are now we don’t know how good any of these guys could have been because it appears Vrabel was micro managing everything. Downing might be good. He had no trouble getting a job. You think Aaron Rodgers would have allowed him to be hired if he didn’t think he knew something? Bowen is in the running to stay with the Titans. Vrabel is sitting at home.

Like I’ve said. It appears this was all Vrabel. Maybe he wasn’t fired for not firing his staff. It was just him and his system.

Not arguing, just my take.
Downing was not good, he proved it in Oakland before coming to Ten.
Not sure why Rodgers would have the say in hiring him or not either, Downing was hired before Rodgers was officially a Jet if I recall.

I could also make the argument that silence against a coach hiring doesn’t mean approval. For example, who had any idea what Colgate brought before the season started other than healthy teeth?

Latest posts

Back