Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Isn't Vrabel's respect due to his "accomplishments"?
Considering the lack of explanation from any talking heads as to why they think he’s such a “great coach”, I’m not really sure why he’s highly respected.
The lack of employment after so many openings make me think the highly respected angle may not really be accurate.

Considering the lack of explanation from any talking heads as to why they think he’s such a “great coach”, I’m not really sure why he’s highly respected.
The lack of employment after so many openings make me think the highly respected angle may not really be accurate.
When have the national talking heads EVER gotten it wrong about the Titans?

o_O

When have the national talking heads EVER gotten it wrong about the Titans?

o_O
I saw this weird FB post about Super Bowl success and the moon status the day of the SB like full moon, team X won 2 SBs so they’re the best at that stage. Something like that.

they had a spot for “never won”, just left the titans off entirely.
To me, that sums up the general following of the titans for any non-titans fan.
every other team was represented.

Downing was not good, he proved it in Oakland before coming to Ten.
Not sure why Rodgers would have the say in hiring him or not either, Downing was hired before Rodgers was officially a Jet if I recall.

I could also make the argument that silence against a coach hiring doesn’t mean approval. For example, who had any idea what Colgate brought before the season started other than healthy teeth?

Not sure what Rodgers would have say ? Seriously? Those guys have say. Particularly a guy like Rodgers. He has used his power before. But you were correct. Downing was hired before. I also think he was horrible. But either Vrabel was micro managing or he wasn’t. You can’t have it both ways.

On this funny thing some of you love to use referencing Colgate.

Y’all all love you some Dean Pees - so here is where he came from.

Elmwood High School or how about that football powerhouse Findlay College

Just sayin… if it works you’re a genius, if not you suck.

Another ironic tidbit… Keith Carter, the guy who hired Jason Houghtaling and who Jason replaced worked with him at Wagner College. Keith Carter was fired by the Titans and also immediately hired by NY Jets. The Jets OLine was bad in 2023.

So how do these guys keep getting hired?

So this is misleading… “ so many openings”. It was 2. Carolina and Atlanta Just 2. New England and Vegas had their guys already. We don’t know what Seattle or Washington are going to do. Brian Johnson is out, not going to Washington.

The highly respected angle is clearly there and you can see it. The reports are all over the place. If he wasn’t no one would be talking about him.

Adam Schefter is reporting the Chargers would have hired Vrabel if they couldn’t get Harbaugh.

Make fun of him all you want, but he is highly respected.

Not sure what Rodgers would have say ? Seriously? Those guys have say. Particularly a guy like Rodgers. He has used his power before. But you were correct. Downing was hired before. I also think he was horrible. But either Vrabel was micro managing or he wasn’t. You can’t have it both ways.

Another ironic tidbit… Keith Carter, the guy who hired Jason Houghtaling and who Jason replaced worked with him at Wagner College. Keith Carter was fired by the Titans and also immediately hired by NY Jets. The Jets OLine was bad in 2023.

They're cheap?
They won't have much say ?

By knowing a guy that knows a guy

Not really sure what points you’re getting at here.
Wasn’t a Pees fan. I think he was significantly better than than Bowen. Note the Defensive issues immediately between 2019 and 2020.

Rodgers definitely didn’t have input on downing, he was hired before Rodgers was even part of the team and speculated to multiple teams (although through the media, so I take all speculations with a grain).

yes, Vrabel can micro manage some aspects and not in other aspects. This is just general management albeit, almost no one likes micro management. If he hires the guys he did, maybe they already coach the way he wants or close to, less micromanagement needed.

As far as the scrub coaches getting hired, it’s nice that the Jets keep doing it and prove they know what they’re doing every year among the bottom feeders.

So this is misleading… “ so many openings”. It was 2. Carolina and Atlanta Just 2. New England and Vegas had their guys already. We don’t know what Seattle or Washington are going to do. Brian Johnson is out, not going to Washington.

The highly respected angle is clearly there and you can see it. The reports are all over the place. If he wasn’t no one would be talking about him.

Adam Schefter is reporting the Chargers would have hired Vrabel if they couldn’t get Harbaugh.

Make fun of him all you want, but he is highly respected.
NE was the only opening not actually open, obviously cross out Ten for Vrabel.

Pierce interviewed with Ten so by virtue LV was absolutely open.

that leaves LV, LAC, WAS, ATL, Car, Sea open that all passed in highly respected Vrabel, wash and Sea still open though.

NE was the only opening not actually open, obviously cross out Ten for Vrabel.

Pierce interviewed with Ten so by virtue LV was absolutely open.

that leaves LV, LAC, WAS, ATL, Car, Sea open that all passed in highly respected Vrabel, wash and Sea still open though.

Mph yea Chargers. I did sorta leave them off.

I guess I don’t understand your point. It’s clear he is respected. Not in here, but he is. Because people keep saying it, reporting it over and over. So on this one I’ll keep asking you what is your point? Just because they don’t hire a guy it doesn’t mean he isn’t highly respected. It’s not all about ability. It’s about control, money, alot of different issues. Why hasn’t Belichick been hired?

So why keep saying the “ highly respected “ thing unless it’s about getting at me for saying it. Vrabel isn’t reading this forum.

Vegas job was never open. Vegas interviewed BS candidates and Pierce did a zoom interview with the Titans. Spin however you want. That job wasn’t ever on doubt.

Mph yea Chargers. I did sorta leave them off.

I guess I don’t understand your point. It’s clear he is respected. Not in here, but he is. Because people keep saying it, reporting it over and over. So on this one I’ll keep asking you what is your point? Just because they don’t hire a guy it doesn’t mean he isn’t highly respected. It’s not all about ability. It’s about control, money, alot of different issues. Why hasn’t Belichick been hired?

So why keep saying the “ highly respected “ thing unless it’s about getting at me for saying it. Vrabel isn’t reading this forum.

Vegas job was never open. Vegas interviewed BS candidates and Pierce did a zoom interview with the Titans.
By who?

do those individuals have any merit do be deemed as an authority on respect level?

have they explained any reasons why Vrabel should be respected?

move been told many times now by you and NFL exec or media talk heads that he is respected highly.
I’m not going to take any of your word, NFL Exec’s word and certainly not talking head’s word that he deserves to be highly respected. I watched the titans and Vrabel as a HC. He hasn’t earned the title of highly respected.

and to my point, basically contrasting your exact point that he’s highly respected and will have a job in 10 minutes if Ten lets him go.
Well, titans let him go, there were 7 (subtract NE) HC spots open and with 5 filled, he’s not hired. Doesn’t seem “reported” to fill either of the last 2.
So again, what has this guy done to be considered highly respected?

and Vegas was 100% open. Pierce interviewed with another team. If he was hired by Ten, guess Vegas was really F’d since their position was never actually “open”. or it was.
And reality is, it was.

By who?

do those individuals have any merit do be deemed as an authority on respect level?

have they explained any reasons why Vrabel should be respected?

move been told many times now by you and NFL exec or media talk heads that he is respected highly.
I’m not going to take any of your word, NFL Exec’s word and certainly not talking head’s word that he deserves to be highly respected. I watched the titans and Vrabel as a HC. He hasn’t earned the title of highly respected.

and to my point, basically contrasting your exact point that he’s highly respected and will have a job in 10 minutes if Ten lets him go.
Well, titans let him go, there were 7 (subtract NE) HC spots open and with 5 filled, he’s not hired. Doesn’t seem “reported” to fill either of the last 2.
So again, what has this guy done to be considered highly respected?

and Vegas was 100% open. Pierce interviewed with another team. If he was hired by Ten, guess Vegas was really F’d since their position was never actually “open”. or it was.
And reality is, it was.

Dude stop. You just made my case for me. NFL execs and the Media. Who else do you think I’m talking about?

Atlanta
Carolina
Chargers (Vrabel was the 2nd choice)

Who am I missing ? What 5 ?

NE wasn’t open.

Washington
Seattle

Vegas was not open. You don’t think Pierce took a zoom call because his agent told him to. Increase the salary offer? How many people did Vegas interview? 3 guys NO ONE ELSE INTERVIEWED? NO ONE … who did they hire? Who was reported to be their head coach even before the season ended. The job wasn’t open.

Also, please stop with the 10 minutes also… on and on and on with 10 minutes and highly respected makes you look small and petty. They are direct shots at me. YOU MADE YOUR FUCKING POINT. YOU ARE THE GREATEST FOOTBALL MIND OF OIR TIME. YOU ARE SMARTER THAN ME. YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT FOOTBALL THAN ME. Now let it go. Unless you just want to run me off if that’s the case then just man up and say it and i will delete my fucking account. But this is bullshit that I have to read through this shit every day 50 fucking times,

Most of us are wrong all the time. We just want a place to talk Titans football. But you cocksuckers who keep score and just come after people over and over and over is not fun.

Your call.

I’m not posting another word until I read truce or get out, Either way I don’t care.

That was some 40+ years ago. We didn't hire him directly out of Findlay College. We hired him after being the Baltimore Ravens DC where there was evidence of him being at least 'competent' at the professional level.

Not really sure what points you’re getting at here.
Wasn’t a Pees fan. I think he was significantly better than than Bowen. Note the Defensive issues immediately between 2019 and 2020.

Rodgers definitely didn’t have input on downing, he was hired before Rodgers was even part of the team and speculated to multiple teams (although through the media, so I take all speculations with a grain).

yes, Vrabel can micro manage some aspects and not in other aspects. This is just general management albeit, almost no one likes micro management. If he hires the guys he did, maybe they already coach the way he wants or close to, less micromanagement needed.

As far as the scrub coaches getting hired, it’s nice that the Jets keep doing it and prove they know what they’re doing every year among the bottom feeders.
winning the draft position owl

Latest posts

Back