Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 18197

2nd mock. 1st computer simulated. They traded No. 53 and 2022 2nd and 5th to move up to nab Ossai, but he's a pretty great value at no. 34.

Despite it not addressing OL or Safety, I gotta say I don't hate it. Would definitely revamp the defense. Yeboah would be a nice replacement for Smith if he leaves.

Here's one from Fan Speak. I like their setup because you can draft kickers - something I think J-Rob has to at least consider this draft.

I took Barmore because D-line is thinner this year than edge. Ended up getting Collins in the 2nd which would be a great value. Barmore and Simmons on the same D-line would be sick!

View attachment 18209

Here's one from Fan Speak. I like their setup because you can draft kickers - something I think J-Rob has to at least consider this draft.

I took Barmore because D-line is thinner this year than edge. Ended up getting Collins in the 2nd which would be a great value. Barmore and Simmons on the same D-line would be sick!

View attachment 18209
I love this one except I’d take a WR instead of a C in the third. I think Aaron Brewer might be the future at C for us.

Basically just trolling you guys, but what would you think of this? (not even saying I like it - just bringing up to discuss). With Jones, we get Tanne's replacement and we can get out in '22 from Tanne's contract with just $5 million dead cap. PFF gave the Mac Jones pick an A+.

View attachment 18217

View attachment 18209
Shi Smith is round 6 would be pretty epic. His route running is smooth as silk. Very quick with nice hands. Basically the perfect slot WR for us.

Basically just trolling you guys, but what would you think of this? (not even saying I like it - just bringing up to discuss). With Jones, we get Tanne's replacement and we can get out in '22 from Tanne's contract with just $5 million dead cap. PFF gave the Mac Jones pick an A+.

View attachment 18217

Hate Mac Jones before round 3. We've seen what Bama QBs do in the NFL when the the talent level is on the same playing field. There is nothing particularly special about Mac Jones, imo. Watch his highlights in GA game. A couple of decent throws, but nothing that would lead you to believe he is a can't miss prospect. He's not very athletic. Average arm. I really don't get the hype.

Trask, imo, is a better prospect and is consistently valued as 3rd-4th round pick. He has a stronger arm, is more athletic, and has better touch on his throws than Jones. He has some mechanical issues and likes to throw off his back foot too much, but those can be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate Mac Jones before round 3. We've seen what Bama QBs do in the NFL when the the talent level is on the same playing field. There is nothing particularly special about Mac Jones, imo. Watch his highlights in GA game. A couple of decent throws, but nothing that would lead you to believe he is a can't miss prospect. He's very athletic. Average arm. I really don't get the hype.

Trask, imo, is a better prospect and is consistently valued as 3rd-4th round pick. He has a stronger arm, is more athletic, and has better touch on his throws than Jones. He has some mechanical issues and likes to throw off his back foot too much, but those can be fixed.
What’s special about him is deep ball accuracy. That’s what gets him drafted earlier than perhaps he should be. That and he’s a very smart player.

What’s special about him is deep ball accuracy. That’s what gets him drafted earlier than perhaps he should be. That and he’s a very smart player.

He also doesn't match out offensive style. IMO, we need a similar QB to Tanne. Jones couldn't be anymore different than Tannne. (Granted, Trask isn't either).

Among the mid round QBs (where we should be looking for a QB) Trask, Newman, and Franks are the only guys I'm interested in. I'd be really happy with Newman/Trask as developmental QBs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran a quick experiment to see who PFF would draft for us if I used a different team. The results were...not great. Here's who they chose.

22. Caleb Farley – CB – VT
53. Landon Dickerson – C – Bama
85. Khalil Herbert – HB – VT
100. Shakur Brown – CB – Mich ST
126. Dylan Moses – LB – Bama
167. Malik Herring – ED – UGA
187. Adetokunbo Ogundeji – ED – ND
216. Tarron Jackson – ED – Coast. Car.

It was also fun doing it this way, because I used the Jaguars as my team and chose the worst possible players for them that I could. They took Ryan McCollum, C, from Texas A&M #1 overall. The 291st ranked player.

He also doesn't match out offensive style. IMO, we need a similar QB to Tanne. Jones couldn't be anymore different than Tannne. (Granted, Trask isn't either).

Among the mid round QBs (where we should be looking for a QB) Trask, Newman, and Franks are the only guys I'm interested in. I'd be really happy with Newman/Trask as developmental QBs.
I doubt seriously we are looking at a QB too early. Certainly not Jones. But, people are writing him off too soon as a “Bama” QB and I think he has some traits that are appealing for some teams - just not us as early as he will probably go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back