Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tannehill is throwing in the rain with no starters on offense. No AJ , Julio, Marcus Johnson or Henry and Davis was out. I wouldn't jump off Tannehill , alot of good qbs would of lost today. Injuries caught up to us today and we had some bad decisions as well. Not kicking the FG before half and late in 3rd quarter. Would of been a different ball game. I'm not ready to jump off Tannehill just yet. He had nobody to throw too and idc if it's the worst team in the league it's hard to overcome those injuries.

We didn't get blown out and once again a horrible game by us and we don't get destroyed. Look at the Bills today. Could be worse. The focus should be getting healthier for the playoffs. If we have AJ Julio and Marcus Johnson we have a chance.

It’s not just today. Ryan hasn’t looked good virtually all season.

Bad games will happen, but Tannehill hasn’t had a good game in a while. We’ve been winning despite his poor play. Our luck ran out today

It's n
Sorry bud no more excuses. You don't throw 4 ints just because your star receivers are out sorry.
Its not an excuse if it's
So it's a win for us, due to the fact that we didn't get blown out at home against the 1-8 Texans. Got it.

Poor Tanny had to play in the rain. Even if he doesn't have AJ, Julio or Henry, there's no excuse to throw 4, I repeat 4 INT's against the damn Texans.

You guys are so caught up on the Texans record. That doesn't mean anything when half your guys are out. We may be 8-2 coming in but if I looked at who we would of started today I would of picked the Texans for the upset. Division games are tough to play regardless. Bad teams can best good teams look at Bills losing to Jags. We slipped up and we'll go back to the drawing board. You can't expect us to beat anyone with this lineup confidently

People here are acting like Tanne has been horrible the whole time he has been here, but here is my assessment. We have seen Tanne play at a very high level in the last couple of years but for whatever reason he has regressed over the last couple of years. Bad decisions. Not putting the game on his back and carrying the offense without Henry. I remember a couple of years ago he was winning us games on his own in the 4th.

Sorry bud no more excuses. You don't throw 4 ints just because your star receivers are out sorry.
Even the Goat Brady has had 4 interception games, Aaron Rogers too. Obviously tanny isn’t those guys hit it happens and especially in days like today (raining and zero receivers).

It’s not just today. Ryan hasn’t looked good virtually all season.

Bad games will happen, but Tannehill hasn’t had a good game in a while. We’ve been winning despite his poor play. Our luck ran out today

Last year the defense looked like ass with the change at DC. Downing isn't that good of an OC and is Def a downgrade from Arthur. I'm willing to bet that's a reason our offense has been worse than last year and not as consistent. Injuries don't help either. We gotta see guys we are still 8-3

We didn't get shut out. That's all I can say because these injuries keep on mounting. Hard to win in this league with "Healthy" players heck of a lot harder with depth and practice squad players.
On to the evil empire (and their mini-bye) and come out 9-3 ...

Last year the defense looked like ass with the change at DC. Downing isn't that good of an OC and is Def a downgrade from Arthur. I'm willing to bet that's a reason our offense has been worse than last year and not as consistent. Injuries don't help either. We gotta see guys we are still 8-3

We had a massive overhaul on defense.

Offense was doing great with Downing before Henry’s injury.

Every excuse in the book is being made to try and defend Tannehill’s poor play. He’s one of the top paid QB’s in the league. If he needs everyone healthy and everything to go perfectly to have a good game - we shouldn’t have paid him.

We had a massive overhaul on defense.

Offense was doing great with Downing before Henry’s injury.

Every excuse in the book is being made to try and defend Tannehill’s poor play. He’s one of the top paid QB’s in the league. If he needs everyone healthy and everything to go perfectly to have a good game - we shouldn’t have paid him.
No, our offense was shit before Henrys injury. Defense and Henry carried this team. Also tanniehill is not even a top 10 average annual salary at qb. Not defending Ryan for this years performances but last year and year before that he played well for it. We are paying him average salary in today's qb market and this is the fucking year for some reason he is tanking.

Our offense wasn't working before we lost Henry and its at all positions.

Who do the Texans have as starters that are impressive?

that is a whole team of backups

injuries are no excuse

Yup no excuse at all. The Texans were 1-8 for a reason. Tyrod is a serviceable backup QB, only 1 receiving threat in Cooks and we let ourselves go down 19-0 at home.

You'd think an 8-2 team playing at home even with the offense playing bad, the defense playing very bad in the first half and numerous injuries, you would still find a way to win this game no matter what.

This team got super cocky and it backfired.

Texans played safe ball and didn't give up a sack or turnover today. We had 5 and only lost by 9 points. Alot to work on for next week but you guys can't be surprised we finally slipped up. **** the media they won't cover how we had half of our starters coming from the practice squad today. As long as we get healthy if that's possible lol we have a chance. Climb down from the cliff guys it's the NFL, any given Sunday

I hate 'any given Sunday.' It's an excuse. 'Any given Sunday' applied to each and every one of the Texans opponents this season. And what was the Texans record coming into today? Was it 50/50? I mean, if 'any given team' can win against 'any' opponent on 'any' Sunday, then statistically speaking EVERY team should finish EVERY season at 8 wins and 8 losses. No, I reject that. A team loses for any number of variables. Poor on-field performance. Poor coaching. Poor drafting. Poor ownership. All of the above. The Texans came into today with a losing record because over the course of this season, their on-field performances had been worse than the majority of teams they played. Their coaching had been worse than the majority of teams they played. Today the Titans lost because their on-field performance was worse than a team whose record was worse than theirs. The Titans coaching was worse than theirs. We had injuries. Who cares. Our coaching staff should adjust their gameplan and strategies based on WHO WE ARE PUTTING ON THE FIELD, NOT who we don't have available. RB Foreman for example is running up and down the field, so we get to a 3rd and short, and our COACHING pulls him from the game. Because as we've seen and complained about all season, when you get to 3rd down your 3rd down RB HAS to be in the game no matter the context. Screw the hot hand. Screw the momentum. The sacred playbook MUST be preserved.

whew, sorry, rant over...

I'd tune in and tune back out numerous times during the second half. (Working on a start up biz)

I'd get excited as we'd be moving the ball, then Tannehill would throw an INT, Fitz would have the ball taken away, Tannehill would throw incomplete on 4th, Tannehill throws a pick. It was crazy- I'd say "that's ball game" and tune out, only to get sucked in again thinkning we had a chance and get trucked with disappointment on each drive. It was crazy how classic Titans that was.

I don't want to see any more of this 3RB by committee BS.

Will be interesting to see who will be the odd man out. I think Hilliard gets to stay as he is a good receiver out the backfield and also brings the ability to play KR.

I think it will be Foreman, which will be fucked up, because he looks really good to me.

Will be interesting to see who will be the odd man out. I think Hilliard gets to stay as he is a good receiver out the backfield and also brings the ability to play KR.

I think it will be Foreman, which will be ****ed up, because he looks really good to me.
It should be AP's ass.

No, our offense was **** before Henrys injury. Defense and Henry carried this team. Also tanniehill is not even a top 10 average annual salary at qb. Not defending Ryan for this years performances but last year and year before that he played well for it. We are paying him average salary in today's qb market and this is the ****ing year for some reason he is tanking.

Our offense wasn't working before we lost Henry and its at all positions.

We could get Tannehill’s production at QB for much cheaper and spend that money elsewhere.

Our offense was one of the top units in the league before Henry’s injury. Idk what y’all are talking about lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back