Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We lost the game in the first half before losing aj and Johnson. Poor effort by the entire team. Having said that, we are absolutely screwed if those 2 miss time. We have one reliable target now and that's Westbrook-ikhine. Dez is improving, but 2 picks to targets of him. The endzone one looked like PI, but the 2nd? He didn't even run a route that looked like anything.

Tannehill wasn't good, we needed to run more. It was actually working.

Once we got behind by 2 scores our offense became 1 dimensional. The Texans knew that. Our offensive line gave Tannehill great protection to throw the ball at will. He never had anyone on his face. 4 Interceptions is hard to swallow, but it is not all on the quarterback. Considering the circumstances I think most qb's would look bad on a day like today.

We lost the game in the first half before losing aj and Johnson. Poor effort by the entire team. Having said that, we are absolutely screwed if those 2 miss time. We have one reliable target now and that's Westbrook-ikhine. Dez is improving, but 2 picks to targets of him. The endzone one looked like PI, but the 2nd? He didn't even run a route that looked like anything.

Tannehill wasn't good, we needed to run more. It was actually working.

Yeah the RBBC was actually fun to watch, but had to be abandoned when we went down 19-0. That's what left the game in Tanny's hands and you see how that turned out.

Im in no way saying that everything that happened after this certain play would of happened if had been a different outcome but that kickoff where Rogers let the punt hit him in the foot.......

I'd tune in and tune back out numerous times during the second half. (Working on a start up biz)

I'd get excited as we'd be moving the ball, then Tannehill would throw an INT, Fitz would have the ball taken away, Tannehill would throw incomplete on 4th, Tannehill throws a pick. It was crazy- I'd say "that's ball game" and tune out, only to get sucked in again thinkning we had a chance and get trucked with disappointment on each drive. It was crazy how classic Titans that was.
What kinda start up biz?

We had a massive overhaul on defense.

Offense was doing great with Downing before Henry’s injury.

Every excuse in the book is being made to try and defend Tannehill’s poor play. He’s one of the top paid QB’s in the league. If he needs everyone healthy and everything to go perfectly to have a good game - we shouldn’t have paid him.

Not too much of an overhaul and it left us wondering about our best players on defense who had shown they were very good before last year.

As for Tannehill while 4 ints sucked he didn't have anyone to throw too. We had practice squad wrs out there. I don't expect any qb too succeed with anyone there on a rainy game. He forced the last 2 to make a play but if Julio or AJ were out there those plays could have been made possible. Were all upset we lost but it's the NFL it happens. We gotta do better and heal up and move on.

It’s just a matter of time before the Titans lose the division to the Colts. The Titans better hope they get this mess figured out soon because the season could go sideways in a hurry.

We seem to struggle against mobile qbs. Taylor got hit a few times but other than that we didn't put enough pressure or contain him. I remember we used to be really good at mobile qbs and now it's the complete opposite.

We seem to struggle against mobile qbs. Taylor got hit a few times but other than that we didn't put enough pressure or contain him. I remember we used to be really good at mobile qbs and now it's the complete opposite.
Just another bad defensive game plan by Vrabel and his stupid coordinator.

Forget about the offensive offense, the D wasn’t good until later in the 4th quarter.

We really didn't struggle against Tyrod. In the first half he escaped the pocket and got the best of us. but we contained him in the second half.

Just another bad defensive game plan by Vrabel and his stupid coordinator.

Forget about the offensive offense, the D wasn’t good until later in the 4th quarter.

I hear ya. To me it never made sense on how safe we play on defense sometimes. We can't always expect 4 to get there without blitzing. Bud Dupree is out so the front 4 isn't at full health. Alao playing back so far in coverage most of the time. I'd run more man to man heavy containment for Taylor. Double cooks with a safety downfield because nobody else is a threat to beat us deep

At the end of the day, this game is completely on the offense. There's no way in hell you should be scoreless at the half against the Texans.

We are not going nowhere as long as Ryan Tannehill is playing like he has. He's turning into a 30 mil Marcus Mariota.
He has totally regressed. His picks are right to the defender especially that last one.

Not too much of an overhaul and it left us wondering about our best players on defense who had shown they were very good before last year.

As for Tannehill while 4 ints sucked he didn't have anyone to throw too. We had practice squad wrs out there. I don't expect any qb too succeed with anyone there on a rainy game. He forced the last 2 to make a play but if Julio or AJ were out there those plays could have been made possible. Were all upset we lost but it's the NFL it happens. We gotta do better and heal up and move on.

Dude… I already said this has been going on all year. Not just today. We have to stop making excuses for our QB and start holding him accountable for bad play.

This board is ready to file a draft pick a bust after one play in an NFL game but god forbid someone critiques the QB!!

Dude… I already said this has been going on all year. Not just today. We have to stop making excuses for our QB and start holding him accountable for bad play.

This board is ready to file a draft pick a bust after one play in an NFL game but god forbid someone critiques the QB!!
Agreed. Tannehill has really played like garbage all year. He has been a turnover machine with bad decision after bad decision. The offense is the reason for the loss today. The defense made more than enough stops to give the offense a chance to make plays. However every time they came off the field Tammy was handing the ball right back to the Texans offense

4 ints pretty much tells the tale. Like or not, Tannehill is playing at a level below his two previous seasons. The technical term is regression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back