Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the defense has to get a turnover for you to say they played good?
Is that how you gauge how well our defense is playing?
Turnovers or not they gave up 22 points. You have low standards I guess.

I wouldn’t call it ‘very well’, it was just ok.

There were a drive or two early on when the Titans needed a stop desperately but couldn’t get one.

It takes two. They played good coverage and were in the right position which allowed them to get the couple of TOs.
I would love to know the average points per game allowed by defenses this year when your offense turns the ball over 4 times in a game. I think your expectations of this defense is a bit too high

Turnovers or not they gave up 22 points. You have low standards I guess.

I wouldn’t call it ‘very well’, it was just ok.

There were a drive or two early on when the Titans needed a stop desperately but couldn’t get one.
So did the Texans defense play great because they got 5 turnovers
Or
Did tannehill play poor because he threw 4 picks?
If you turn the ball over 5 times the other team is going to score points, period!

Defense gave our offense 2 times to win this game. Tanny throws an INT to King at the 1 yard line early in the 4th quarter and another to King to seal the deal.

Driving down 19-6 and Tanny throws his typical INT. That hurt being that it was still early in the 4th quarter.

I hate 'any given Sunday.' It's an excuse. 'Any given Sunday' applied to each and every one of the Texans opponents this season. And what was the Texans record coming into today? Was it 50/50? I mean, if 'any given team' can win against 'any' opponent on 'any' Sunday, then statistically speaking EVERY team should finish EVERY season at 8 wins and 8 losses. No, I reject that. A team loses for any number of variables. Poor on-field performance. Poor coaching. Poor drafting. Poor ownership. All of the above. The Texans came into today with a losing record because over the course of this season, their on-field performances had been worse than the majority of teams they played. Their coaching had been worse than the majority of teams they played. Today the Titans lost because their on-field performance was worse than a team whose record was worse than theirs. The Titans coaching was worse than theirs. We had injuries. Who cares. Our coaching staff should adjust their gameplan and strategies based on WHO WE ARE PUTTING ON THE FIELD, NOT who we don't have available. RB Foreman for example is running up and down the field, so we get to a 3rd and short, and our COACHING pulls him from the game. Because as we've seen and complained about all season, when you get to 3rd down your 3rd down RB HAS to be in the game no matter the context. Screw the hot hand. Screw the momentum. The sacred playbook MUST be preserved.

whew, sorry, rant over...
As frustrated as this post came off as, that’s not how any given Sunday works.

it’s that a s**t team like the cows playing a team statistically superior, they could win. It’s why they play the game.
It’s not 50/50, I’m sure you could use the pregame spreads to determine what people think and how the game was seen before the game.

the fact that there are 32 NFL teams, even the worst can beat the best.

I think this has more to do with Taylor’s mobility. Simmons had his name called a couple times, so did autry but I didn’t hear Landry at all.

Yeah Autry and Simmons blew up a few plays that forced Tyrod outside the pocket for a positive play.

Luckily we don't have to play a mobile QB until our last game against the Texans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back