Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got damn, not a good look for Titans. It was reported late but Jrobb had to have known rumblings? Weaver would be ok if he was drafted by Cowboys but this doesn't fly with TN.
I don’t think anyone knew because the police report was just filed Friday and he was drafted Saturday. The news cam out today (Monday). I am sure Weaver thought it was over with no repercussions. He ain’t telling nobody f he hit a woman. If he did it he’s a jerk and a dumbass. I assume he was drunk. He’s getting a minimum 6 games suspension if he gets signed and plays. His only hope is the woman comes out and says she tripped and hit her head or someone actually has video on their phones exonerating him.

So the time-line goes like this
April 18th incident happens
April 22 she goes to hospital
April 25th cops get involved again
April 30th charges filed

Either the Titans knew and didn't care, or the scouting department is truly incompetent.

I'd imagine it’s the latter in this instance, didn’t do a through enough background check

I would go out on a limb and say the Titans didn’t even know about Farley’s back history.

‘Ooooh man he’s falling to us JRob! Should we look into this at all and find out why? Nawww no time, just send up that card to Goddell - and hurry.’

Ok so to break it down..

Woman and Weaver are arguing, police arrive and intervene, seperating the two.

Woman walks outside. Weaver states to officers on the scene that he has "no problem hitting women if they need it". then he walks outside.

Police officers then walk outside to find the woman laid out on the ground, Weaver no where to be seen, and at least one witness saying Weaver punched her.

Weaver is then charged with assault and in response his lawyer releases a statement saying "he didnt punch anyone"

so does that mean he slapped her? knocked her down? shoved her?

seems like if you are responding to an assault charge you would say "he didn't ASSAULT anyone" not specify a certain word.

the other witness said they did not see the punch but did see her fall to the ground. Was Weaver standing next to her when that happened?
I dont think this is accurate. Everything I’ve read the police didn’t show up until later. After the woman was on the ground. They also said she did not have injuries consistent with a punch to the head.
Wouldn’t be surprised at all if this turns into a nothingburger.

this coming from the team that's had 7 kickers in 2 seasons
assumed humans that held title of 'kicker'

only Parkey could be called a kicker & Titans released him to resign crippled Succop ( who just won a superb owl riding Tom's jock strap while laughing at Robinson all 2020 )

just sayin'

I dont think this is accurate. Everything I’ve read the police didn’t show up until later. After the woman was on the ground. They also said she did not have injuries consistent with a punch to the head.
Wouldn’t be surprised at all if this turns into a nothingburger.

Titans draft pick Rashad Weaver charged with allegedly assaulting woman after argument

The incident that sparked the alleged assault started a few minutes before the punch reportedly happened. According to the police report, the same officers who found the woman in the street had separated her and Weaver at a bar while they were having a fight five minutes earlier. The details of the dispute are unknown, but the woman later told police that she'd thrown her drink on Weaver during the course of the argument.

that says they were there in the bar separating them 5 minutes before the "punch" happened.

As far as the "injuries consistent with a punch"

maybe it wasnt a punch, maybe it was more a heel of the palm slap to the side of the head. that doesnt leave a punch injury but it is certainly enough to knock a woman to the ground and give her a concussion.

really it will depend on the "witness". if the witness is a bystander who saw it happen, then he will be screwed. If it is a friend of the "victim" then he might have a chance.

First of all, no one has been arrested so changing the title of this thread until it happens.

Second, some of you wanting to trade or release Weaver before this plays out need to remember Simmons pled no contest to assaulting a woman caught on video and JRob drafted him knowing it.

The Titans will “investigate” this but will leave it to the authorities to handle. It’ll take months before it gets to court (if it ever does) and be quickly forgotten as long as Weaver is playing well.

So no video? All heresay?

Didn't Gareon Conley get accused of rape leading up to the NFL Draft and came out to be a drunken witch hunt?

Welcome to the judicial system -- where you are GUILTY until proven INNOCENT.... Media persecutes before the court room thermostat is even turned up..

I for one take assault on women and children seriously. I want nothing to do with people that can commit those crimes. But, after seeing the witnesses reports and the police report it doesn't add up.

Pregnant woman out drinking at a bar, gets in a argument with a guy, then is seen on the ground (only one witness said otherwise), police show up and see no signs of a punch (from a nfl level athlete, that should be quite easy to spot), now charges are being filed.

This may all be true and weaver is a pos, but it just doesn't add up to me. Am I missing something?

I have seen many opinions on how Titan’s security should have known, even from “reporters”. How many people do they think the Titans employ for security? There isn’t enough manpower to blanket all the prospects. The Titans didn’t know for sure they would draft Weaver until he was still on the board at their pick. No team can tail over 500 potential draft prospects, it’s just not possible.

So no video? All heresay?

Didn't Gareon Conley get accused of rape leading up to the NFL Draft and came out to be a drunken witch hunt?

Welcome to the judicial system -- where you are GUILTY until proven INNOCENT.... Media persecutes before the court room thermostat is even turned up..
Media?
They play a big part but the general public is who exacerbates the problem.
Even in this thread you can see people that have already assumed guilt by blaming JRob for not knowing or already looking for ways to separate from weaver.

Personally, I don’t condone hitting women, but we’re only getting one side in every article so far. It’s very possible this woman had it coming and may not have been “hit” (punched, slapped, whatever) from weaver.
Some people tell their kids that if they’re getting bullied, make them stop, sometimes physically. We just don’t know nearly enough about what happened.

I have seen many opinions on how Titan’s security should have known, even from “reporters”. How many people do they think the Titans employ for security? There isn’t enough manpower to blanket all the prospects. The Titans didn’t know for sure they would draft Weaver until he was still on the board at their pick. No team can tail over 500 potential draft prospects, it’s just not possible.
And the incident happened in Pittsburgh. If titans security had been around, I’d seriously question what in the hell they're doing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back