Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea you're right. I did not expect year 1 of Tannehills deal to only be a 17.5m hit or for us to tag Henry, which saves about 3m off his market value.

I'm also saying we let Conklin walk in this scenario. Yesterday I was saying we didnt have room if we brought the big 3 back.

His cap hit is larger than 17.5

His cap hit is larger than 17.5
Right you are. And my post yesterday is still accurate. If we sign Henry and Conklin we aren't going to have much room to bring in another impact free agent.

We have 40m left.
Henry will take 12-15m.
Conklin will take 15-19m.
We have our draft picks and other roster spots to fill.
The cap hits could be lower on Henry and Conklin in year 1, but I still dont see how we sign both and a starting edge rusher or something else impactful.

Right you are. And my post yesterday is still accurate. If we sign Henry and Conklin we aren't going to have much room to bring in another impact free agent.

We have 40m left.
Henry will take 12-15m.
The cap hits could be lower on Henry and Conklin in year 1, but I still dont see how we sign both and a starting edge rusher or something else impactful.

Relax brotha. Just giving you a hard time lol I was being a pest. All good here.

We have 40m left.
Henry will take 12-15m.

Agree. We will let Conk walk. We will sign a good edge rusher or DL or both. We will replace Conk with our first draft pick. My prediction.

Very nice, check one big “must do” off the list. Looks like pretty fair deal. Looks like Tanny also realized that he is a great fit with the Titans and wanted to make it work.

With the crazy money some teams throw at QBs he could have probably gotten more elsewhere, but he realizes they’ve got something here and that he is a great fit into the system.

I think it’s pretty obvious we were sitting on this deal for a few days at least. Titans wanted to see if they had 2 tags or not. Once the CBA decision came out they announced the deal very shortly after.

Lewan just signed his deal lol he isn’t restructuring
Dude missed 4 games this year for a drug suspension. And he’s competitive as anyone. On what planet would he not be amenable to restructuring? I’m not talking about a pay cut. But this is the “big year” of his 5 year deal where he counts 18.5 mil against the 2020 cap. Restructure with a prorated signing bonus and spread some of that deniro over the next few years when the cap is higher. Doesn’t effect his guarantees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back